Mistake and Selfish

Home

“Wahh, ya!” 

Since Wendy already bought take out, awendy suggested to ear in Seulgi’s apartment. After all, that’s where Seulgi going. 

First, Seulgi quiet hesitate because her apartment is not fancy like hers. But you know what Wendy said to her?

“Have you been to my apartment?” 

“No” said Seulgi inoncently.

“It’s done then! We’re eating at your place!”

. Is it the Bae’s habit? Making her unable to resist what they said? Perhaps it is though.

So here they are. Eating in Seulgi and Joy’s small apartment. The dinning table is full of foods Wendy bought for them. Almost too much actualy. But they finish half of it already.

“This food is amazing! It’s my first time trying this restaurant!”

“Really?”

“Yes! What do you think?” 

“I think the same too” 

Wendy let out a smile. They continue to eat, finishing all the food on the dining table. Seulgi become a lot more sure when she and Wendy can’t stop arguing.

Arguing about who will clean up the dishes. Wendy insisted she should wash the dishes since she’s the guest and also the one who suggested to eat in Seulgi’s house.

But Seulgi insisted she should be the one who wash the dishes because there is a lot to wash and Wendy is the guest. She should be the one who serve the guest.

It reminds her of her first argument with Miss Bae. About who will cook that day.

At the end Miss Bae did because Miss Bae always right.

When it comes to throwing argument with Wendy, Seulgi notice that Wendy is much softer than Miss Bae. At the end Wendy gave up and let Seulgi donthe dishes because she said they look like annoying couple.

Which Seulgi kind a agree with her. But she shrug it and decide to clean the dishes. Meanwhile, Wendy get the time to look around Seulgi and Joy’s apartment.

It looks cozy though. She prefer small spaces rather than big spaces. 

Because with large spaces, human tend to fill the empty spaces inside. Which lead them to spend more money for house decoration.

“Not much for you to see” Wendy chuckle.

“It’s nice actually. I prefer small apartment than big apartment like penthouse”

Seulgi just hummed.

“Is this your room, Seulgi?”

“Don’t come inside!”

“Tsk. I can read the sign on your door”

Wendy isn’t Wendy if she’s not the rebellious girl at school. She open Seulgi’s room even when the woman said not to. Wendy always curious about Seulgi and we all can see a person personality just from their bedroom.

Seulgi’s room is not that big but not too small either. The room was design with not many empty spaces. Inside she only have one single bed, a one door closet, and a canvas standing by the window.

She almost forgot that Seulgi was an artist and apparently she still painting. Among the other things in Seulgi’s room, the one thing attracted her eyes is the paintings that were put on each side of the room.

Seems like Seulgi had been painting a lot back in the days. Most of it are dark and very secretive. But this one. The one on the canvas standing, is different among the others. 

It still a rough sketches but Wendy know what the young woman has been painting lately. Or more like who.

“Is this one of Bae’s habit? Or is it Canadian’s habit? Disobeying orders. Interrupting other people privacy” said Seulgi as she walk pass Wendy and decides to hide the painting with white kain.

Wendy just smile. More like grinning. But then she saw the way Seulgi stare at the painting she’s currently draw. Her eyes show sorrow and pain. Something Wendy never saw within Seulgi before.

Perhaps, Joy was wrong. She never hate her sister. She was just...don’t know what to do with her sister. You guys know their relationship never been good, right? But Wendy never hate her sister. She felt sorry.

And so whatever she will do next is for the sake of her sister and Seulgi. Yes. For both of them. This is the only way she can do for Irene. Her act of sorry for betraying her in the past.

“You can be selfish, you know that right?”

“What?”

“Do you realize you always selfless when it’s about Ire- Miss Bae?”

Really? Seulgi never thought about it. Is she being selfless? She was doing what she thought was right though. 

That maybe Miss Bae able to see the sincerity from her words and actions. Perhaps it will pull Miss Bae to her. Not now but maybe later. One day. But seems like she never thought about her feeling. About herself. Maybe it’s true. She’s being selfless. Why? Is it bad? 

“I-I...we should be selfless when we love someone...right?” 

True. Wendy agree. Isn’t that why she's doing this? Hurting herself for Seulgi and for her sister. She’s being selfless right now. But Seulgi are allow to be selfish for once.

Wendy was selfish back in the past and now it’s her turn to be selfless. For the sake of her sister getting the love she deserve. And as her sorry for betraying her in the past.

“But you’re allow to be selfish once. For yourself. Don’t you think Miss Bae as you prefer to call her that, need something to make her realize her feeling for you?”

Seulgi don’t quiet understand what Wendy mean by that but she willing to listen. 

“I-I don’t understand” Wendy sigh s she walk a bit closer to Seulgi. Not really closing the gap between them. Just enough for them to talk in quiet and serious tone.

“I have plan that might help you” said Wendy.

“W-what are you going to do?”

This is it. This is the right time to fix everything. She was the one who ruined her relationship with Irene. Perhaps this is her time to actually fix it. Maybe talking is not the way, perhaps this will be the right way.

"I'm going to fix everything. Do you trust me, Seul?"

 

It was Saturday morning and Irene felt the need to come to her office since basically it's her usual routine on Saturday morning. What is she doing in her office on Saturday morning?

Nothing. Actually nothing. She just don't feel the need to stay at home on Saturday morning since it gets a little too lonely inside her big house. 

As usual, she get inside her car and let Kim Bum drive the car to her office. Once she arrive, she expect the office to be less crowded and it actually is. Some of the employees who prefer to come in on Saturday morning fill the empty spaces in the lobby.

Some of them greet Irene as usual. Irene recognize some of them because they are the faces that usual spent their Saturday morning at the office rather in their house with their family.

But the young woman standing by the elevator is not the usual face she would see on Saturday morning. It make her stop in her way to the elevator due to the sudden surprise from the young woman.

She's not wearing her office outfit. More like casual but still formal. With short baby blue shirt tugged in to her jeans and she's wearing her converse shoes. 

Overall, Kang Seulgi look stunning as always even in her casual outfit. What is she doing on Saturday morning?

Irene decided to ignore Seulgi as always. Walk pass her to get inside the elevator follow by Seulgi behind her. It was awkward. Damn awkward since it was dead silence inside the elevator.

What is she doing here anyway? She never come to the office on Saturday morning. It's not like she has to come. Saturday is a day off for Seulgi since Irene knew how tough it is to be her secretary. 

Instead of having fun during her day off, Seulgi chose to come to the office. For what? She want to talk with Miss Bae. Not for work. Since coming to Miss Bae house without notice would end in a very complicated way (learn from her experience), Seulgi decided to come to the office.

Everybody knew, Miss Bae always come to the office on Saturday morning. That is the time where she knew Miss Bae isn't really working and ther eis no way Miss Bae able to avoid her. 

Seems like Miss Bae realize that she's not really came to the office to work but something else. Therefore, Seulgi follow right behind Miss Bae to her office room.

There Miss Bae sit at her usual chair behind her working table. As usual, Seulgi would standing by Miss Bae working table, arms cross below her belly. A sign of politeness and respect.

"Miss Bae"

"What is it you want to talk about, Seulgi-sshi?"

Seulgi notice how Miss Bae addressing her in a formal way just like they met in the first time. Feel so far and distance. But perhap that's what Miss Bae wanted. Distance.

"Can I be selfish for once, Miss Bae?" 

Selfish? Is that what Seulgi want? Maybe? She agreed to do this and there is no way of turning back now. 

"Selfish?"

Seulgi bite her lower lips. How long has it been? Almost three month? Yeah. It's been three month she's working with Miss Bae. So? 

"I have a friend. She's also an artist in Canada and currently she's in Korea. I would like you to meet her and show her your painting" said Wendy dropping the bomb.

What is she doing really? Seulgi can't really understand what is Wendy trying to imply here. 

"What exactly you are trying to do, Wendy?"

"I told you. I'm trying to fix things here"

"I don't understand if meeting your friend that is an artist actually fix things?"

Wendy sigh. She forget Seulgi is quiet slow sometimes.

"Quit your job as Miss Bae secretary and I'll help you with your paintings"

That was a tempting offer right? Dreaming that one day she able to show the whole world your paintings and be famous. Very tempting, yes. But is that the main reason why Seulgi decided to quit her job?

Seulgi take out a white envelope and put it on Miss Bae desk. Miss Bae stare at the envelope. Not quiet sure what's in it. Or...she hope it wasn't what she think it is.

Does Seulgi trust Wendy? If she doesn't, she wouldn't be here, right? 

"One month notice. Like the contract said" said Seulgi.

No. Thought Irene. Honestly, Irene cannot believe what she is seeing right now. Is she...Is she quitting her job? After only three months of working here? No. No. This cannot happen.

"It was an amazing experience of two and a half month working with you Miss Bae" 

This is a dream right? Seulgi is joking right now....right? She promise to wait. She promise to be here for her. She said she's not like Jisoo. She said she won't leave her.

But what's this? If this is because she hurt her then...

"I-uhmm...I was an artist before and lately I got an opportunity. Someone...wants to be my sponsorship to promote my paintings"

So the reason is because she want to paint again? Why does that sound so surprising for Irene? Perhaps because it was because she thought she had hurt Seulgi pretty bad.

That eventually she decided to resign. Breaking her own promises.

"I hope you consider my resignation letter, Miss Bae" 

Is this ing real? 

Irene still can't believe this whole thing. When Seulgi has nothing else to say, she bow to Miss Bae like she always do and was about to head out when Miss Bae speak.

"You said you will wait for me" said Irene.

Does it hurt her? Knowing she had hurt the girl yet at the same time she also doesn't want to see the girl leave her side? When obviously everything that happen is because of her.

Seulgi decided to leave it is quiet...normal. Not normal but make sense. Irene hurt her...bad...deep. And why is she being selfish? Still wanting Seulgi and still want the young woman to wait for her even when she made it clear what she did to her was a mistake.

"You said you will stay by my side. Not going to leave my side like....Jisoo did to me" 

Seulgi smile...bitterly. Miss Bae weren't wrong. But why does it feel so bitter when she heard Miss Bae begging to her? Yes she can sense Miss Bae were begging for her to stay. 

Does it sound weird for Seulgi? Witnessing Miss Bae begging at her? It does sounds weird. 

Maybe what Wendy said were true though. Miss Bae need some lessons. It's not all about her. She also need to think of other people feeling and realize that she need to sometimes be selfless for people she love.

For now, Miss Bae may think she's breaking her promise. But just like she trust Wendy, Miss Bae need to trust her when she said she won't break her promises.

Seulgi mean every single word she said and every promise she made to Miss Bae. The only problem is that, will Miss Bae trust her?

"Don't worry, Miss Bae. I will keep my promises like I said. You just need to trust me...like you said you did."

 

It wasn't the typical Saturday morning, Irene expected to be. Someone just dropped the bomb to her and worse she do not know what to do. Did she really hurt Seulgi that bad?

Oh really? You asked that now, Irene? You dumb CEO! Kang Seulgi love you damn much and you pushed her away when she's trying to help you. She's trying to be there for you.

She trying to earn your trust and yet you pushed her away. Why? To ing protect herself. Or more like she said she was tring to protect Seulgi from going deep to her life.

But actually, the truth is that Irene was trying to protect herself. From getting hurt again. She's afraid, scared, of getting hurt again if she let someone come in to her life. She's afraid if she open herself to someone, she will get hurt again.

And the reason why they live is because knowing the truth of the life of the famous Bae Irene. But what if the reason why a person left her life is because she want to pursue her dream?

Is Irene mad? No. Is Irene confuse? Yes. Why? What if the reason why the person you love left you because she want to pursue her dream? Would Irene agree on it? Would Irene support her?

Maybe?

But why quit? Can't she stay while she pursuing her dream at the same time? Irene able to to decrease Seulgi's workload so that she can focus on painting and also her job as her secretary.

Everything is possible for Irene. But why does Seulgi make it so complicated?

Well, Irene do not know everything about her is complicated for Seulgi. Let's just say it's Seulgi way of revenge. Very smooth yet sharp at the end. 

So, what is her decision? 

She has no idea at all.

She went home after five hours staying at her office...doing completely nothing! Hear me? Nothing! She was just staring at the perfectly sealed envelope. Wondering if she should open it or not.

Wondering if she should approve the letter or not. Come on.

What is her decision? Even after she left the office, she still can't get an answer. 

When Irene thought she able to get her time alone or when she thought maybe Kang Seulgi change her mind...she hope so, she was wrong.

Once she finished clean herself, it would be perfect to stay on her bed all day long getting herself busy with her phone. Or perhaps taking care of her cars collection in the garage.

Something she hasn't get the chance to do it with her overload work stuffs. 

But her wish or her prayers to be exact, again like always being ignore by God. The moment she was about to rest, someone ring the bell to her house.

What is going on with people these days? Can't they leave her alone for once? As she walk to the front door, she was ready to yell to whoever interrupt her Saturday evening, but she can't completely yell to her.

Even when she wanted to...she can't. Why? She's tired of yelling to the person who been making her life miserable up until this day.

"What are you two doing here?" asked Irene.

The old woman and Wendy stand side by side waiting for Irene to welcome them to her house. Which obviously Irene wouldn't do it.

"Give me 15 minutes to explain everything and I'll make sure you won't see us again. Our flight is in five hours" said Wendy.

What is Wendy up to? Irene had no idea.