Everything will be alright

Home

"How is she?"

"She's asleep now. Are you coming here?"

"Yeah. I'm on my way. Did she tell you anything what happened?" 

"No. She was just crying and then passed out. Probably tired after literally crying for two hours" 

Jennie can hear her fiance exhaling. Both of them knew how much Joohyun had endure all the pain she has been feeling. Not even try to let it go and move on. 

Hearing how the girl dealing with all of just make Jennie and Lisa very concern at Joohyun. It's been years since the last time they saw Joohyun crying. Not that it's a good sign.

Since Joohyun cried earlier, Jennie put her to sleep and she's currently sleeping inside her bedroom. After that she call Lisa to let her know about Joohyun's condition.

The news about her coming to the charity event has become the headline news and the main topic for today and would probably last for two days and after.

"Okay. I'll be there a few minutes and let's stay there for a few days. Just to make sure Joohyun is alright" suggest Lisa.

"Sure. We probably need to get few clothes at our place"

"Don't worry. I packed few of our clothes" 

"I really can depend on you so much, huh?" 

"You got an amazing fiance here!" said Lisa cheerfully like always.

"Uhm...I can't wait to marry you. Seriously"

"Me too. How about today? I'm sure you're ready right?" Jennie giggle.

"Honey, despite how eager I am to marry you, I would not want to walk down the aisle without a proper wedding dress" said Jennie.

"Aish. Just say you want to spend all of my money to make you princess of the day later!"

"Of course I will spend all your money for my dress! It's the rules you know!"

"Unwritten rules" 

Jennie laugh. She really can't wait to walk down the aisle and tie the knot with the only person who make her so damn happy.

But sometimes she feel kinda sad. Knowing it suppose to be Joohyun who get married first. The plan suppose to be that but sadly the world is too cruel.

"Alright. I'll see you then. Drive carefully"

"Yes, sir!"

 

“Oh? Isn’t that Bae Joohyun?”

“What is she doing there? Sitting all alone looking very lonely”

“She’s the ice princess, duh. Barely socialize. Some say she have social anxiety disorder” 

“With that beauty, anyone would want to be friend with her!”

“Well if you know her, you wouldn’t want to be friend with her!”

“Why?”

“Some people say she’s really cold. You could barely speak a word if you try to talk to her. Damn her eyes are saying ‘stay away er!’”

“Damn. I got goosebumps because of you!”

Sitting in the garden, reading her book with earphone plug to her ears. Thought that she didn’t hear every single bit what those people said about her, you are wrong.

Putting her earphone in doesn’t mean the music is on. Sometimes is just your disgust to avoid the world talking to you. What a surprise that once you plug in the earphone, all you could hear was what people say about you behind your back.

The fact that you don’t get to hear that because once you retrieve the earphone, people would act like nothing happen. Pretend to be normal infront of her. They are being hypocrites. 

Sometimes human could be so fake and that’s what scares the girl name Bae Joohyun. People talking good infront of only to say bad things behind her back. It always happen since she was a child. People talking about how beautiful she is only to say her beauty is a great weapon to attract business partner. That’s what her parent business partners said about her. She overheard that during a small business gathering and her parent happened to invited her together.

“Ya! What are you guys two doing there? I was searching all over for you two!”

“Oh! Jisoo!”

A girl walking towards them with her innocent beautiful smile. Anyone would die to be friend with her because of her friendly personality. Her name is Kim Jisoo.

“Yooa! Chaeryeong! I was looking for you two! Don’t you guys remember we have history assignment to do?” Asked Jisoo making a pout on her gacd.

“We are about to go there when we saw her!” Said Yooa while pointing at Joohyun’s direction. Jisoo follow through.

“What about her?”asked Jisoo.

“Ya! You don’t know her?” Asked Chaeryeong.

“Do I need to know her?”

Both Yooa and Chaeryeong look at each other. Jisoo sense the weird look from two of her friends only to get more curious about that girl they were talking about.

“She’s Bae Joohyun!” Said Yooa.

“The oldest daughter of Bae's!” chaeryeong added.

“So?”

“So?!” Asked both of them in unison.

“Well what about her being the Bae’s?”

“You never heard the rumors?” Asked Yooa and Jisoo shook her head.

“People say she’s very cold and some people also said her parent use her beauty to attract business partners to sign the deal with the Bae’s company!” Chaeryeong explain.

“She may be beautiful but her personality is damn cold. She barely have any friends here! Except Kim Jennie” said Yooa.

Hearing that, Kim Jisoo remain silent. Next thing she do surprise both of her friends. Well if she is that cold and unfriendly, she wouldn’t have any friends! But since they said she have one so they are wrong.

“Hi I’m Jisoo”said Jisoo introducing herself without even care Joohyun looking at her abit surprise.

She didn’t even care about Joohyun having earphone plug to her ears. Jisoo were smiling at Joohyun. How has it been the last time someone approach her? Jennie was the last person that approach her and it was during kindergarten. When the teacher forcefully asked Jennie to approached her. Then oddly they become friend. Best friend. 

Now what come up this crazy girl mind? When all of the people at this school decided to not approache her due to her title as the oldest daughter of Bae’s family. Also her reputation as the ice princess that made everyone wouldn’t want to get close to her. What’s going on with this girl? 

Seeing the confuse expression on Joohyun’s face, Jisoo remain to smile.

“They were talking about you being unfriendly and cold. But I’m here to prove they are wrong”

Joohyung don’t know what kind of game this Jisoo girl playing. But for what she know back then, it was this girl is seriously crazy. Then the next thing Jisoo said flutter her heart.

“I want to get to know you"

That memory still felt so real and it was like it happened yesterday. Waking up feeling abit hurt around her head, she get herself up to sit beside her bed. Even after years had pass, the memory of their first encounter still remain very clear and vivid.

What happened earlier just brings up that memory. A memory she try to burried but failed because how can she? When she thought she will spend the rest of her life together with Jisoo? 

The girl who took her heart so deeply and was expected to ber soon fiance but her plan was all ruin the moment she get the call. The call that change her life forever.

She sigh upon remembering their first encounter. Then she decided to get out from her bedroom only to get alert with sounds of people talking in her living room.

She didn't remember she invited anybody here. Oh wait. Jennie came.

"New York is enough! Why would you want to cross another sea only to spend honeymoon in Hawaii?" Irene can hear both of her best friends arguing downstairs.

For awhile, she smile knowing the two lovebirds are talking about their wedding day. A day she hope she get to experience together with Jisoo. A day that should happened years ago.

If only that accident didn't happened.

"New York is not a place for us to spend honeymoon! Hawaii would be perfect for it!" said Jennie.

"We already spent alot of money for our wedding in New York! Why don't we just do it in Hawaii since the beginning?"

"Well, I just remember that Hawaii exist!"

"Why not Bali? Bali is not too far from here!"

"Oh my god! Are we really going to change our wedding venue in less than two month?" 

"Stop fighting. This is still my house, you know?" said Irene interrupting the two lovebirds.

"Joohyun. You're awake! Are you alright now?" asked Jennie walking towards Irene who just walk down the stairs.

"I'm okay. Don't treat me like I'm sick" Jennie roll her eyes.

"So are you guys really going to change the venue? I already booked the ticket" said Irene. Technically it's her strategy on helping Lisa who seems so bother with Jennie's decision on changing their honeymoon place.

Irene know both of them wanted to stay in one country only to spend their honeymoon days and wedding receiption. Basically, this is her way on helping Lisa.

After all, Jennie will feel sorry knowing Irene already bought the ticket from now. Only that she didn't know it was a lie.

"You did?" asked Jennie.

Irene nodded as she walk towards the kitchen and grab a cup to pour a water.

"Ah . New York it is, honey" said Jennie sounded so dissapointed. 

Lisa was suppose to do something to calm her fiance down right? Maybe hugging her and tell her she will try to change the venue and stuff like that. But no. Well, Jennie and Lisa isn't like any other couple out there.

Rather than comforting her fiance, Lisa prefer to run around the living room and declare her wins. Smiling like an idiot and jump around like a kid. Irene could only shake her head.

"I still can cancel the marriage right?" asked Jennie to Irene but Irene just shrugged it off.

"Don't do that, honey. I'm a limited edition you know that right?" asked Lisa innocently embracing the side of Jennie.

"True what she said," Irene added.

There is no hope for Jennie to win this argument. Since Irene always taking Lisa sides though Jennie and Irene know each other longer than Irene know Lisa.

These two girl just love to tease Jennie. 

“So?” 

Suddenly Jennie asked the question Irene has been trying to avoid. At least for a few hours. But she know her best friends are like spies in her life.

Irene knew despite how much she want to avoid the event earlier, her best friends wouldn’t avoid it just like that.

She wish she could run right now but where else she could run? This is her house. It’s best to kick them out but she know it’s very useless. They won’y listen to her.

“Family drama I guess?” Said Irene.

“Uh no. Clearly it’s not a family drama” said Lisa.

“Spill it Joohyun. We know you never come to your mother annual charity event. So what made you come?” Asked Jennie.

Oh well. Jennie knew her very much and she got her there. She sigh. She just want this to end fast because everything that happened only remind her about the past.

“Kang Seulgi” she said.

Lisa who is not very familiar with the name  look very confuse as she try toget an answer from Jennie. While Jennie keep her eyes pn Irene. Staring at her as she tries to dig an answer from Irene. Well, she need to elaborate more.

“She remind me of Jisoo” 

When Irene finally confess, Jennie and Lisa starts to understand. 

“Did something happened? I mean did you  hear they talking about you?” Asked Jennie and Irene nodded.

Jennie finally connect all the dots running in her head. If Seulgi reminded her of Jisoo then it only make sense if Seulgi probably defended her back there. 

“I-I...why? Why she defended me?” 

“Uhmm am I the only who doesn’t know who Kang Seulgi is?” Said Lisa which made Jennie slap her back.

With her cat eye, Jennie glare at Lisa and told her to shut up. Lisa obey since she doesn’t want to deal with angry Jennie. She will sleep on the couch tonight believe it or not.

“Seulgi-sshi is a very nice and kind person. It’s okay for someone else to defend you, Joohyun. Other than us. You just need to open up” said Jennie.

Jennie and Lisa knew how hard it is for Irene to open up to a new person after Jisoo's accident. She shut herself up from the whole world and the only people she trust is herself and her best friends.

Sure what happened earlier in the charity event triggering her memories about her and Jisoo. It was something she had been keeping to herself. All the pain and sorrow she felt that time, she kept it so nice.

That people who barely knew her would probably think she's fine. But for people like Jennie and Lisa, they knew Irene is a broken girl. 

She patted Irene's shoulder and give her a very assuring smile. Telling her that everything will be alright.

"Relax. Everything will be alright"

 

So...Jisoo was Irene girlfriend. What happened then? Any thought?