Kim Jisoo

Home

"Morning, mom. Morning dad" said Irene once she get out from Jisoo's room still with her pajama on. 

Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim already busy in the kitchen. It looked like they were preparing foods for large amount of guests in their house when it's only Irene.

But well, typical Kim's family. Always serve their guest very well even when they have small amount of money. Irene went to the kitchen to help them but as always they refused.

Said guest need to sit still. Let the host do the work. Irene can only smile even though she hesitated at first but at the end she let them be. This is her opportunity to look around the renovated house.

It wasn't that big. Only two bedroom and kitchen with one living room. They still have the same lay out but look alot more beautiful than before. The wall being painted, some pictures hung up on the wall.

There are some pictures of Jisoo she never saw before. She was wearing Hanbok and was smiling to the camera widely. There are alot of picture when Jisoo still a kid.

Losing their only daughter really hard for them but despite all those years, they still remembering her. Irene wish she can be like them. Moving on, start new life by renovating their house. But what she did for the pass few years was avoiding the pain, hoping it will get better as time goes by.

Avoiding Kim Jisoo. Even though Jisoo changed her a lot back then, gave her a great impact in her life, she should have cherish all of it. Not avoiding what she had taught her before.

Maybe it was because her death was too sudden for her. But is that a proper reason? She's avoiding Jisoo meanwhile Jisoo's parent seems to be...moving on.

Just like how Kim Jennie asked her to. 

"Joohyun breakfast is ready" called Mrs. Kim.

"Yes, mom"

 

"Kim Jisoo, Bae Joohyun! What are you two doing inside, huh? Get out! Breakfast is ready!" called Mrs. Kim from outside Jisoo's bedroom. 

"Ah eomma! We're about to go for round two!"

Irene nudge Jisoo's shoulder but Jisoo only looked at her weirdly. 

"Aish, you two. Aren't you going to stop right now? You two have been screaming and yelling all day!"

But neither the two girls answer Mrs. Kim. They were too focus with what they are doing that they decided to ignore Mrs. Kim. After all, the breakfast can wait a little longer. 

When they are on the top of their own game, suddenly Jisoo's bedroom door was forced open. Revealing a much younger Mrs. Kim wearing her casual t-shirt and short pant with her hair tied up in bun style.

Overall, Mrs. Kim look exactly like how every mother would dress. But her beauty...no one can seems to beat hers and Joohyun notice where Jisoo's beauty came from. 

"I WIN! HAHA! I WIN!" yelled Joohyun once she earn her win. Meanwhile, Kim Jisoo sigh heavily because she lost in Mario cart. 

Ever since they decided to visit Jisoo's parent three times a month, Joohyun bought Play station 3 and installed it in Jisoo's room. They rarely go and play outside when they came to visit.

Instead of cuddling all day and watching tv, do nothing and be unproductive until the end of the day, Joohyun decided to install the play station 3 she bought from Seoul.

After all, she and Jisoo love game. They love competing with each other and every weekends when they don't have to go to work, they would always spend time playing games in Irene's apartment.

Back then, Irene still live in a decent and fancy apartment before she finally decided to built a house for her and Jisoo. Jisoo would always come to her apartment to sleepover every weekend and sometimes she also came during weekdays.

Jisoo's office was a lot closer to Irene's apartment than her own apartment. Weird isn't it? Well, she bought it a little far from her office because it's alot cheaper for her since the apartment located outside the city. 

Joohyun always asked her to move in to her apartment but Jisoo as always wanted to be independent. Until she cannot resist Joohyun's offer when she knew Joohyun built a house for the two of them.

It will be a shame if they don't live together in that big house. Which apparently Jisoo managed to live there for two years before her death. Kind a relief but also sad at the same time because they made good memories in that house already.

Back to the main topic, Joohyun love to win and it goes the same way for Jisoo. But Joohyun never once try to let Jisoo win. Sometimes it goes the other way around. There is time where Jisoo win but most of the time Joohyun always win.

Well, what can you say? Joohyun is the queen of game.

"Ah! Is this game broken? Why am I always losing?! Are you sure you're not cheating?"

"Ya! I play it fair and square!" said Joohyun kind a offended.

"Alright, you two! If you two don't come out right now, I will make sure you guys won't see the play station again next week!" said Mrs. Kim scolding the two of them.

"Ah umma! We were having so mu-AHHH UMMA!!!!" Jisoo screaming in pain at the end because Mrs. Kim pulled her ear.

"Having fun?! You called it fun? Playing all day infront of the television will hurt your eyes! After breakfast you two get out! Get some fresh air!" 

"AHHH UMMA IT HURT! IT HURT! Ah!" 

Meanwhile, Joohyun could only laugh quietly as she see her girlfriend screaming in pain because of her own mother action. It will always be funny to see how Jisoo's family joking with each other.

They would always tease each other. Despite they living a hard life, barely can survive to live a week they would still have smile on their face. Always kind to each other and generous.

But it got a lot better since Jisoo got a job. Her parent doesn't need to worry about money every month because Jisoo would always send them half of her salaries which is enough for her parent to eat every month.

Joohyun offered Jisoo her help but she denied it. Not wanting to depend her family life on her so much. Since Jisoo rejected her offer, what she can do is visiting them oftenly and bought them foods they like.

It just a small thing she can do to return the favor for approving their relationship. Afte rthe whole family drama kind a thing, Jisoo and Joohyun did what Mrs. Kim told them to. 

Mr. Kim is nowhere to be found. Yes that is true because Mr. Kim is working in a barn five kilometers from the Kim's family house. He went to work everyday even during weekends and sometimes Joohyun felt sorry and just wanted Mr. Kim to take rest every weekend.

But Mr. Kim always said he enjoyed his work despite not getting the appropriate salaries. 

Nevertheless, she can interfere Jisoo's family that much. She want to respect Jisoo's decision and support her decision of wanting to be independent and able to help her parent more with her own money.

That is also why Jisoo adore Joohyun. She always can respect every decision she made. But one thing Joohyun is lack of is respecting her parent. But just lke how Joohyun respect her family privacy, Jisoo also did the same. 

Not wanting to interfere that much with Joohyun's family but rather more like telling her what is wrong and what is right when she's talking with her parent. 

The reason why they barely go outside when they came visit to Jisoo's parent house is because either it's summer or spring, the wind will always be so damn cold.

They rather spend their time inside the house, getting warm. Rather than walking on the street freezing because of the wind! Jisoo's parent house located not far from the mountain which quiet far from the city.

It's a small town with not a lot of people live there which mean they know each other very well. The moment Joohyun came visited for the first time, Mrs. Kim told Jisoo that Joohyun became the topic of the town after they left.

Well, it's because Joohyun brought her fancy and expensive car there. Which obviously became the topic the moment they left. Saying Jisoo is so damn lucky to have a girlfriend like Joohyun.

Rich, pretty, generous, and kind hearted. Of course Joohyun would always bring that topic up during dinner and will always be full of herself everytime she remembered Jisoo mentioning that to her.

Jisoo would always try to ignore Joohyun and she will always end up on the bed being tickled by Joohyun until she cannot breathe. Yes. It was...the happiest memory.

"Aish, why can't mom let us stay in the house all day? It's freezing outside!" said Jisoo.

"I know right? But well, look at the bright side! We can have each other for ourself, right?" Jisoo rolled her eyes everytime Joohyun become so cheesy and clingy with her.

Yet it will always be something unique and she love about Joohyun. Well, you know. Everyone knew that Bae Joohyun or people know her more as Bae Irene is a cold and strict person.

What they don't know is that Bae Irene hiding her real identity and personality from the world. The real Bae Irene is actually Bae Joohyun. She is a clingy, annoying, and cute young woman once you get to know her. She's nothing like what they said about her.

Jisoo remember back during their high school time, people would always try to stay the hell away from Bae Irene because she came from a very wealthy and the most influential family in South Korea.

She also very quiet and barely speak during high school because she's scared of people. People always know her as a cold ice princess due to her face expression. 

Beautiful, pretty, but always make people intimidated with her own beauty. But Jisoo managed to break everyone's thought about Bae Irene. After high school and going to college time, people starts to make conversation with Bae Irene.

Saying she's actually quiet nice and not bad like other people said about her. It was all because of Kim Jisoo. But it happen again after college was over. Apparently, working in business world is tougher than Irene had thought before.

She should be cold. She should protect herself. That's what she would like to say to herself. Her cold aura and expression are her shield to protect herself from some business partners that want to play dirty with her in order to get what they want.

"You know people won't recognize you when you're being so clingy at me"

"That's good then! I can live a better life" said Irene while hugging Jisoo from behind.

"Aish! Let go of me! You're heavy!"

"No! I want to hug you like this all day long" Jisoo smile. She can't never get enough of Joohyun.

"Ah, seriously Joohyun. I barely can even walk straight because of you! Alright, you can hug me all day long once we're back to my parent house"

With that tempting idea, Irene grin as she let go of the hug and Jisoo facing her. Of course Jisoo can see those naughty expression from Joohyun. Joohyun always have dirty thought when it's about the two of them...on the bed.

"NO! NO! UH HUH! You don't get to me today, Bae Joohyun. I had enough this week, okay?" Joohyun pouted.

"Ahh wae!"

"Ya! Enough with your dirty thought! You went rough on me the other day. So, that's enough for this week"

"Kim Jisoo! I can't never get enough of you! Come on, please?"

"Stop right now or I let you sleep in the living room?!" Jisoo threatned.

She know Joohyun hate to sleep in the living room because of how cold the room is! Joohyun sleep there once when she first came to visit. Not wanting Jisoo's parent to suspect them will do that 'thing' in their house.

Of course Joohyun want good first impression and the next day, she regret saying no to Jisoo's offer that day. It was damn freezing and she can't sleep that night. Which lead her to get sick the next day.

Instead of taking care of Joohyun, Jisoo laugh at her for the whole fifteen minutes before finally taking care of her. She still even tease Joohyun once they got back to Seoul.

Since that day, Joohyun never sleep in the living room.

"Aish! Arasseo!" said Joohyun pouting. 

 

They were walking down the exact same street back in the past where Joohyun is walking right now. She remember exactly what happened that day. After Jisoo threatned her, they went up to the hill.

That place is where they buried Jisoo's body. Yes. Joohyun going to visit Jisoo's cemetary.

Her resting place. She brought Jisoo's favorite flower. The beautiful Lily. Irene never thought about the meaning behind every flowers. Jisoo would always be the one that busy find the meaning behind every flowers she bought for her.

Irene usually bought flowers that look beautiful and eye catching. While Jisoo always put extra care when she want to give flower for Irene. 

As the result, Jisoo always gave her this Lily flower even though Irene is not very fond of flowers. She said the flower means eternal love and loyalty.

She thought Jisoo cannot be cheesy. But there she is being all so cheesy during Valentine's day. That day also the day where Jisoo told her this is her favorite flower because of the meaning behind it.

Now, she brought it for Jisoo. Hope that she will like it. Despite feeling so happy and excited, it feel bitter sweet. She should have visited Jisoo more often. Irene can imagine how angry Jisoo is.

Her eyes would stare at her coldly, eyebrow furrowed almost touching each other, and both her hands on her chest. Lips pouting so cute. Yes. Even when she's mad, Jisoo always look cute for Irene.

But perhaps this time she need to be serious. Jisoo...probably mad at her now for not visiting her oftenly.

 

"You said it's cold outside! Yet you want us to climb the hill?! Are you crazy?!" Irene complaint.

"I just remember this place exist! That's why we need to come here"

Irene struggling as she walk to the top of the hill while Jisoo remain calm and somehow she look so excited from the back. Can't believe Jisoo actually brought her to climb the hill in this cold weather.

They were only wearing sweaters for god sake! But you can't never say no to Jisoo. She was begging at Irene awhile ago and Jisoo knew Irene weakness is Jisoo's aegyo.

Jisoo rarely do aegyo and it melt Irene's heart right away the moment Jisso did that. And so she agreed on Jisoo's idea despite the cold weather. 

First, she thought it won't be to far from where they were before. But damn the place is quiet far and the moment they get closer to the place, the road starts to get higher and higher.

Damn. Irene start to regret her decision. 

"Are we there, yet?" asked Irene almost sound like giving up.

"Almost there! Hang on, Hyun. I don't know you have low stamina" said Jisoo teasing her girlfriend.

Irene could only roll her eyes. They keep on walking and walking until they finally reach the top of the hill. Where Jisoo help Irene climbing up the higher ground by pulling her.

Once they on top of the hill, Irene need time to take a breathe. Meanwhile, Jisoo just laugh at her girlfriend and walk closer to the edge of the hill. Mesmerizing the beauty of her hometown.

"Ya! Where can....we...find...water?" said Irene completely exhausted.

"When we go down, of course!" said Jisoo excitedly didn't mind the tired Bae Joohyun behind her.

The young woman can't stop herself from widening her eyes. Did she hear it right? Irene need to drink right now! She can die because of hydration!

"Kim Jisoo, you want me to die early?!" said Irene.

Wish she never said that if she know what will happen in the future.

"Shttt! This is a holy place you know!" said Jisoo.

Irene who had no energy left to argue, decided to walk closer to Jisoo. She make sure to hide behind the younger girl body because honestly, she's scared of high.

She even shut herself not wanting to let her eyes see the underground. Even when it's so damn prety with lights amongst the small town, Irene still close her eyes.

"Hyun, I know you're closing your eyes. It will be a shame if you don't see this" said Jisoo.

"I'm scared, okay? Deal with it, please" said Joohyun.

Jisoo chuckle and turn herself around, facing the scared young woman. 

"Ah! Ya! Don't tur-" Before Joohyun could finish her sentence, she felt a sudden soft pair lips crashing with hers. She felt her legs become jelly but still try her best to stand up because if she fall, Jisoo would probably fall too.

Is Jisoo crazy?! Kissing her on top of the hill it's a dangerous move! When Jisoo finally let go of the kiss, she grinned happily. But Joohyun don't get the idea why Jisoo's look so happy kissing her.

While she's scared like hell right now and regret that she agreed to do this.

"Why are you grinning?!" asked Joohyun sound kind a annoyed.

"Because there's a legend. If a couple come here and kiss, it says their love will be eternal"

Somehow, when Joohyun hear that, her heart melted and her body calm down from being so tense awhile ago. Did Jisoo just said eternal? Irene barely believe that word came out from Jisoo's mouth.

Why? Well, Jisoo is a realistic person. She always said we need to cherish today and there is no forever in every relationship. Even when they are married some couple will end divorce or one of them will end up die due to some disease.

So...there is no forever in everything according to Jisoo. That's why Irene look so surprise once she heard that word came out from Jisoo's. It sounds like she's saying their love are eternal.

Or she want their love to be eternal. The idea of that really...tempting.

"Eternal?" asked Joohyun grinning.

"Mmm. Don't you want that with me?"

"Wait! Are you asking me to marry you?"

"Aish! Too fast!" Joohyun pouted.

"I'm not saying we can't get married but I just want us to enjoy and cherish every moment we have. Make it eternal for both of us" 

Yes! Jisoo yet again become so cheesy. Irene can't help but smile widely upon hearing that from Jisoo. The thought of having eternal love with Jisoo make her felt so happy and can't wait for the time where both of them are ready to tied the knot together. 

As she heard Jisoo said that, Irene can't resist to kiss Jisoo. She want to cherish this moment and make it eternal for both of them. In their kisses, Joohyun can feel Jisoo smiling through it.

Seems like Jisoo got Joohyun message and they kissed until it almost dark. Which they quickly get down from the hill, not wanting to get lost in that area.

"But was it true? If a couple kiss on that hill their love will be eternal?" asked Irene on their walk back to Jisoo's parent house.

Jisoo shrugged which made Irene looked at her weirdly. Jisoo notice it and grinned and Irene knew she was just joking back then.

"YA! YOU CAN'T THREW JOKES LIKE THAT!" said Irene can't help but to hit Jisoo multiple times which made Jisoo try to run away from Irene and have her girlfriend chasing after her from behind.

"You're not the only one who can be romantic, Bae Joohyun!"

"YA! COME BACK HERE!"

 

Eternal. Who wouldn't want to be eternal? In movies, the characters would always hate to be eternal. They want to die because the people they love will die at the end because they are not immortal.

They eventually need to start over from the beginning. But doesn't it tempting when you get to live forever with your love one? Irene thought about that and it would probably amazing.

To spend her whole life together with Jisoo. Growing old but their love will always remain the same. 

But eternal...even Jesus went to Heaven milleniums ago. So...no one is eternal. No one live forever. It always sad to know how Jisoo died. She was too young and they were just about to see the world together.

If only...if only she were sensitive enough with what Jisoo want back then...Jisoo wouldn't be here. Buried under the ground. The world truly is cruel to them. 

Standing next to Jisoo's place, she put the flower on top of the land and stare at the tombtone. 

Rest In Peace

Kim Jisoo (1995-2020)

Only Daughter of Kim Jae Ha and Kim Yeol Ah.

How long has it been? Five? Seven? Eight years? Irene had lost count. She doesn't want to remember it. 

She kneel next to Jisoo's tomb and kiss it. Tears start to falling down as she feel the cold stone on her lips. It's been really awhile since she came here. Honestly, she never came here again after the ceremony.

Irene is too busy trying to move on when honestly she's not trying to move on. More like she's trying to avoid the truth. By getting herself busy with work.

"Hi, Kim Jisoo. How are you? Do you miss me? I...I missed you...a lot" said Irene. 

"I'm sorry...for not visiting you sooner. I-I...Life...life is hard without you in it...Soo-ah. Soo-ah...do you forgive me?" 

No answer.

"I miss your laugh, I miss your joke, I miss your smile, I miss your voice. Soo-ah...I missed having you beside me every morning. All I want....was to wake up with you by my side everyday" 

No answer.

Irene sniffle due to crying and also the weather it's quiet cold today. Just like how it used to in the past. When they were together...the weather would always feel alot warm.

But she's alone now. Make it even more colder than before. Just like her heart. Cold and hurting. She sigh. Tears seems can't represent how guilty and sorry she is with everything.

She should be more nice to Jisoo. She should listen to her. She should...she sigh. Her guilt will remain endless as she recall back her memories with Jisoo. Her beloved girlfriend and first love.

"Because you're my first love, Miss Bae"

Is she crazy? How can she remember what Seulgi said to her infront of Jisoo's tomb? Seulgi deserve better than her. She know she is not ready to start over.

To love someone...to have someone by her side other than Jisoo. She know she can't. Perhaps not now. Maybe later. She can't be sure about it but what she is sure is that...Seulgi and her need time to stay away from each other.

Figure out where their heart belong and their dream. 

"You know, I'm okay with you being with someone else" said a voice.

Irene recognize that voice. The voice she missed so much. What is this? Irene turn her head around to where the voice came only to be surprise to see the familiar young woman kneeling infront of her.

She look at her with her pretty smile and at that very moment life seems so bright. Is this ing real? Or is her head playing with her? Even when Irene realize she was hallucinating, she's not avoiding it.

Maybe it's time for them to finally talk. Doesn't even care if anyone who pass by look at her like she's a crazy person.

"Soo-ah" Jisoo smile.

"Nyeongan! You look miserable, Hyun" said Jisoo. 

"I am" said Joohyun. 

She can feel Jisoo's hand caress her hair softly and gently. Just like how she did back in the past when she still alive. Warm and soft like always. 

"Why you just came?" asked Jisoo. 

Be honest. Irene always knew Jisoo hate when people lie to her.

"I can't"

"I've been waiting for you to come again. Mom and dad always visit me every weekend like how we used to visit them in the past. So why?"

"Because...I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to accept the truth"

Instead of looking sad and disappointed, Jisoo give her a smile. 

"It was my time to go, Hyun. God told me that"

Even when Jisoo not in her human form, she still believe she has this close relationship with God. Something Irene could not understand until now. 

Why?

"Why? We were so happy back then and I...when I said I need more time...I mean it, Jisoo"

"But what do you get after that?"

Irene knew what Jisoo mean by that. Time is unlimited. Yes, that's true. But every humen has their own time and they should respect and value the time they have.

What Jisoo mean is that, Irene shouldn't have begged for more time. She should have try when she can. She should have value the time she has and therefore, none of this would happen.

"I'm sorry" said Irene apologizing.

"We might not have forever together. Like I said. Not everything is eternal. But you need to value time, Hyun. Time is precious"

"I-I...I don't know...I don't know how to move on" 

"Your secretary is the answer to your question, Hyun"

Seulgi? Wait. Does Jisoo know Seulgi?

"You...you know Seulgi?" Jisoo smile again and nodded.

"H-how?"

Instead of answering, she stand up and sigh in relieved. She look like she's enjoying the air on earth. While Irene just stare at her trying to remember this exact moment with Jisoo.

Because she won't know when Jisoo will appear again or if Jisoo want to appear again infront of her.

"You can have time to think, Hyun. Whatever your decision is...don't ever forget about Seulgi-sshi. You protected me in the past and it was an honor for me to be part of your life, Bae Joohyun. Now...it's time for you to let Seulgi in. I trust her to protect you on my behalf"

No. Irene wasn't ready to let Jisoo go. Not this time when they just talk less than five minute.

"Don't go, Soo. Don't go" Irene begged as she stand up from the ground. But Jisoo just smile. She look peaceful and beautiful. Is this how God tell her that Jisoo is alright in Heaven right now?

Is this how God tell her it's time for her to let Jisoo go? Why? Why He ask her to let her go? 

"I need to go, Hyun"

"No. Jisoo. Please stay. I-I can't let you go. I could never do that"

"You already have someone else in your heart, Hyun. You just need to embrace it and don't do the same mistake you did in the past. Seulgi-sshi will always waiting for you"

"I-I, I love you, Kim Jisoo"

"I love you too" 

"Then stay" said Irene.

Perhaps that's her very first time letting out her frustration and begging for someone to stay. Yes. Irene is desperate. She want Jisoo to stay but both of them knew it's possible.

Despite how much Jisoo want to stay too, her time is up. God is calling for her now and she need to rest after 25 years living on earth. After all, her wish is fulfill already. Joohyun is here. That's what matter.

"Thank you for all the memories you gave me. But it's time for me to go and you need to move on" said Jisoo as she turn her back and start walking away from Irene.

"Jisoo!" Irene called for Jisoo but the girl keep on walking towards the white light. 

No. This can't be happening. Irene begged this is not real. She doesn't want to see this.

Before Jisoo walk through the white light, she stop. Turning her body around and her gaze met with Irene's. Eyes look so peaceful and her smile yet again shining so bright. Look very pretty as always.

"Remember. You need to move on"

"How?"

"Seulgi"

"I will wait for you, Miss Bae. I will stay by your side. Just...let me take care of you"

Irene can hear Seulgi's voice when she came to her house few days ago. Telling her she would always wait for her until she's ready and will stay by her side.

Then Jisoo said she can have the time all by herself. But at the end of the day, her decision should always lead back to Kang Seulgi. Maybe she's not ready now and that is okay.

Jisoo's not pushing her to move on quickly. But she want Irene to know that there is someone willing to wait for her and when she decide to reach for that young woman, she will be protected by her. 

It's like Jisoo have been planning this all to happen while she's in Heaven. Maybe she plan this together with God. She always believe that she has this close relationship with God ever since she was alive.

"Goodbye, Hyun"

And perhaps, that's what Jennie said to her was true. Jisoo want her to move on. For now, she just need time to accept this whole thing and hoping that the young girl Jisoo sent to her will keep her words.

Just like how Jisoo said she trust that young woman. So...what's the answer?

Bae Irene...will try to trust Kang Seulgi. In the mean time she will try to move on from the past slowly. Starting from being honest with Kim's family. 

After that, she need to deal with her mother. Hope during that time, Kang Seulgi willing to wait for her. She will keep her promise to Jisoo. Perhaps she can't keep her promise to Jisoo in the past.

Maybe this time she can. To keep her promise to Jisoo that she will forgive her mother slowly and move on. Soon, she will be ready and get back what belongs to her.

That is...Kang Seulgi.

 

 

Next chapter~~

"Wait for me, Kang Seulgi. Can you do that?" asked Irene to herself.

"If time is what you need, Miss Bae. Then I'll wait forever if that what it takes to have you by my side, Miss Bae" said Seulgi as soon as she close the door behind her.