Kind and Doom

Home

Is the world spinning backwards right now? Kang Seulgi has no idea at all after what happened awhile ago. Though she had confirm this is not a dream, she still can’t believe it. 

Even after she walk out from the Bae Company, she still trying to process what just happened. This is all real. Should she be happy? Happy that she finally have a job as a...slave.

A slave that will serve cold beautiful young woman who happen to be the CEO of Bae’s company. Just thinking of it give her goosebump. Is this really real?

A slap land on her cheek. One. Then two. Then three. No. She’s not dreaming. This is real. Then she regret for slapping herself because apparetnly it hurt...a lot.

Taking out her phone, she dial the only number she will call during this time. Only one person is available at this hour aside from Joy. She is pretty busy.

“Hello?”

“Grab a drink with me. At the usual place. Now”

“But un-!”

Before Seulgi could hear any excuses from the other side, she end the call. What she need right now is a bottle of soju. That would probably make everything seems more easy.

~~~

“The rate for our sales last month had increase by 45% which effect our share in the market. It increase by 500. This amazing achievement is because of the collaboration we make with the game company. Apparently the market is very impress with the technology we offer to support the game which is trending right now” said Min Ho as one of the financial director.

“This is amazing. The collaboration sure is the best decision you made Miss Bae” said Heechul as the Marketing Director.

“All of this could happen because of Miss Park. She’s the one who make the deal with the game company. We should praise for her amazing job” said Irene while making applause for Joy.

Joy as the Director of sales stand up and bow appreciating the ampount of appluase given by her peers. Miss Bae shouldn’t done that. She knew how much her peers doesn’t like her being Miss Bae’s favorite.

She wanted to make her achievement as lowkey as possible. But it seems like Miss Bae doesn’t like agree with her decision. 

“Let’s end this meeting and you may all have small parties within your department for the succesful collaboration we did. Meeting dismiss” said Miss Bae as she walk out of the room, follow by Jennie her secretary.

Joy follow Jennie right behind her because she want to talk with Miss Bae about what happened in the meeting. 

Following the CEO to her office, Irene already know Joy would have follow her. But she didn’t make the first move as they gather together inside the elevator. After all she doesn’t have the time to talk with Irene since Jennie is busy talking about Irene’s next schedule.

As they arrive at the 20th floor, Joy still follow them behind. Once they finally reach Irene’s office, the CEO say,

“Come to my office Miss Park” said Irene and Joy follow right behind her.

Walking towards her chair, she sit there and have her eyes staring at Joy. She’s waiting for the young woman to speak. 

“Miss Bae, you didn’t have to tell anyone I made the deal happened” said Joy.

“I have to. The deal happened because of your effort”

“Miss Bae, you know how my peers doesn’t like-“

“Miss Park” 

How has she know Joy? Around 5 years ago when they met by accident on the street. What was she doing back then? Irene was just on her way back to her apartment after bought some groceries her girlfriend asked her to.

Joy was a waitres in some restaurant that Irene passed by that day. Irene was on her way back to her apartment with groceries plastic bags fill her hand until she hear someone screaming from the restaurant.

She wasn't that type of person who like to interrupt someone else businesses. But she saw Joy being scold by a man she guess it was her boss. Since the restaurant door was open, Irene could hear why were Joy was scolded.

"Why did you do that? Your job is to serve food only! Not gave them free candies and drinks!"

"I-I was t-trying to s-satisfied the customers. Her daughter was crying and I-I was just t-trying to help"

"What you were doing will bring my restaurant to bankrupt! Do you know how much it cost to bought those candies and the ingredient of the drinks?! You're fired!"

That day, Joy didn't know what was so wrong about her action. She was trying to help calming down that little kid. But only ended up getting scolded by her boss.

Now that she's fired she didn't know what to feel actually. Glad? Happy? Sort of. Because no one like to work in that restaurant but since that restaurant was the only place that are available for employees, Joy applied there.

Even though she was happy, she was also confused. Where will she get another job? Though she came from a very wealthy family, her parent always taught her to be independence.

She wasn't given any inherit from her parent. No. It wasn't cruel at all. It was a good and wise decision of her parent and Joy even if she was inherit with her parent assets, she would decline the offer.

She need to survive in this cruel world by herself and receive money from her own doing. That will be something she proud of. Gather her things she left in the kitchen, she walked out of the restaurant only to be stopped by a young beautiful woman.

Joy would have thought that person is available for a date. Yes. Though she doesn't have money, she is so playgirl. But before she could even say anything, the girl gave her a business card. 

It was written,

Bae Joohyun
CMO of Bae Company

Before the young woman leave, she said,

"Come to my office tomorrow morning at eight. I'll be waiting"

That was her first encounter with Joy. She help the girl until she finally earn the position she deserve and Joy still could go up and up. Might as well become the CEO one day.

But she still have long time to go to finally earn Irene's sit. Ever since Joy work here, she never stop working. Always do her best at everything and Irene is very proud of her.

She chose the right person and everyone is jealous of Joy's skills. Smart, talented, and kind. Also pretty and y. But every masterpiece always has weakness behind their beauty. 

Joy always doubting herself and she care of what people say about her. Something Irene always try to make the young director learn. She would always told Joy not to care about her peers.

They are jealous and that is normal. If they are jealous they need to work harder. The world surely cruel and that is how it works. You work hard, you gain what you deserve.

If you don't work hard, then don't ever hope you will get the same thing like Joy get. Joy deserve what she get and she deserve to be praise because of her hard work.

And she doesn't need to be worried about her peers because competition will always be there in every environment. Even a kid in kindergarten would have competition to be at the top of the slide. Whoever the first will go down the slide first. 

That's how the world works.

Staring at the young director, she took a deep sigh and lean her body forward. Putting both hands on her desk as her support still with her eyes staring at the young director.

Irene would always make people around her intimidated by her stares. A stares that show no expression. Whoever came across her, no one is able to understand or read her thought.

That is exactly what Joy is feeling now. Even after years working with Irene, she still haven't got use to the way Irene look at her. Nevertheless, Irene will always be kind and good to Joy.

"Why do you care so much about your peers?" 

Why? Maybe she always care about what people said about her since she was little? She came from a family that work in entertainment world. Her mother was an actress and her father was a singer.

Both her parent are public figures. Which what the public says about them is very important for them to correct their image. Or to protect their image. What people say about them effecting their career.

Maybe that's the reason why Joy has always care about what people around her says about her. She is used to hear people thought about her.

But that goes opposite for Irene. Ever since she was little, her family has always been at the top and always under the spotlight. Something she never fond of and like.

She hate the spotlight. She hate the special treatment she received from people just because she is pretty and came from a wealthy family. She hate when people staring at her. She hate when people are talking about her.

Unlike Joy who become so care about what people said about her, Irene grew careless about what people said about her. It is like her way of getting out from her own life. A life she wish she wouldn't have since the start.

So, she never care what people said about her. Despite how much they hate her for being cold, she didn't care. They don't have right to say that and Irene doesn't have the energy to get mad at them.

She never bother to report all those hate comments about her. They are useless and reporting them will only bring another problem to the surface. She prefer to stay quiet and let the hate comments stop by itself.

"Miss Park?" 

"I-I'm used to it, Miss Bae" 

"It is not something you should get used to, Miss Park. You could have close your ears for that because those hate and jealousy....they are not worth your attention. Great job, Miss Park. You may go now."

Joy want to complain and decline the offer but how can she say that to her boss? She was being kind after all and this is how she show her kindness. Some people might say she is a heartless person.

But actually she was just a straight forward person. She doesn't like holding her thought. When it's about someone she care very much, she would always motivate them to do the right things.

Irene seems like a person who knows everything. While actually she became this kind of person because of her own family and the situation around her. Moreover, the accident which caused the death of her girlfriend.

People know her as a bold, strong, beautiful young CEO. But for people who know her very well and has been working with her, they knew, Bae Irene is just a fragile person who doesn't want to let anyone know about her pain.

The pain that she has been enduring to her ownself. 

"I will. Thank you Miss Bae. I'll be leaving now" said Joy. 

 

"Why you called me when you have nothing to say? Unnie! Don't you know I have thesis to finish? Actually I finished last night but I still need to practice for the presentation! Do you know I have been waiting for this? Unnie. Can you believe it? I'm going to have my master degree in just a few days! Isn't it great? We're going to celebrate! I'm going to buy you and Joy unnie food. Where we suppose to celebrate it? Hotel? Or my house? Anywhere I'm okay bu-"

"I got a job" 

It took several minutes for Seulgi to get her hearing back. She has been busy with her own thought the moment she got into the pub. Order two bottles of soju and lots of meat.

She doesn't even know where she can pay all of this food. All she knew is that she need this to refresh her mind and to actually come back alive. 

Yeri came not so long after she arrived. The young girl has been talking not stop and keep asking Seulgi why she called her. But the older girl didn't say anything as she just keep on drinking and eat the meat.

Deep inside she was trying to process what happened in that office room. Was it really true? Man she can't really believe it really. And after having a lot of thought about it, yes. Everything is so damn real.

"A job? Didn't you got unemployee awhile ago? No way you wou-"

"WHAT?!" said Yeri half screaming which grab other people attention which none of the two girls mind it at all.

"I got a job" said Seulg once again.

"Unnie. Was it illegal?" asked Yeri but Seulgi have her eyes straight and empty. As if she still can't believe it.

"No. It was very legal and...big"

"Big? How big?!"

"Bae company"

"YOU WHAT?!" 

Even the owner give daggers of eyes to their sits due to the noises Yeri keep on making. Seulgi feels like everytime she say Bae company, she feel the need to drink.

She grab her shot, pour the soju and drink it one shot. So it's true then. Everything is true since Yeri is here with her. Yelling cause she is surprise. Of course she is shocked.

For what Yeri could remember, Seulgi doesn't like Bae company. No reason actually. She was just jealous of someone like Bae Irene. She get to own a big company at such a young age.

Yet she was struggling with life. The life she wasn't suppose to have if only her mother let her do what she love the most.

But now the girl get a job in that company....HOW? Maybe Joy unnie help her get a job there but she know it will be hard for someone like Seulgi to get accepted in that big company.

She need an excellent resume to get hired there and most importantly, Seulgi doesn't like money get involve in her way on getting job. So it won't be sound like Seulgi if she got into that company by money.

"Joy unnie didn't bribe the CEO right?"

Seulgi sigh.

"I got there by myself. Going there for an interview and just a simple question, that damn secretary accepted me" Yeri nodded and let out a relieve sigh. At least she know both her unnie didn't do anything illegal.

"So what position you got?"

"Slave"

"What?"

Seulgi rolled her eyes and grab another shot before she speak again.

"A secretary" she said making sure to make it sound very sarcastic.

"Joy's unnie secretary, right?" Seulgi shake her head.

And Yeri keep on saying random names that could possibly work there but not even a slip of her name came out from Yeri's mouth. She felt like it was impossible to be the CEO secretary after all.

But that exactly the person she will be working for.

"Bae Irene" said Seulgi which make Yeri stop saying random names.

"B-Bae Irene?" 

Seulgi nodded again. Yeri scouf. She didn't know how the world works anymore.

The girl her unnie suppose to hate, will be the boss of her unnie. What will happen to her? Weird isn't it? Seulgi unnie hate Bae Irene for have everything in her hands yet she will work for her.

World surely works in a weird way and Yeri have no urge to understand it. Feel the need to drink with Seulgi, she grab the bottle of soju, pour it to her shot and drink it.

Feeling the burn in she let out a hissed and sigh.

"You're doom unnie" said Yeri.

And Seulgi agree with her.

"I'm doom"