Thank You

Home

"Why are you so excited, huh?" 

"YA SHE LITERALLY CALL ME NEWBIE UNTIL YESTERDAY! OF COURSE I'M EXCITED!" 

"I mean it's not a big deal you know? It happen to all of us" 

"Oh my god, Joy! Why can't you be happy for me too?" 

"I am happy for you. But don't you think you're reaction is a bit...too much? Considering she's just your boss"

Is her reaction too much? Isn't it normal for her knowing that finally her boss a.k.a the famous Bae Irene finally recognize her after a month working with her?

Is it too much? It doesn't matter actually. What matter is finally her boss recognize her and shouldn't Joy be happy for her? Why she's having a mischevious smile?

"Unless she's not just YOUR BOSS" said Joy emphasizing the last two words.

"Aish! What are you talking about? Miss Bae is just my boss, of course. Why would there be more?" Joy shrug.

"I don't know. Just to warn you. Miss Bae already have a lot on her plate so make sure to think before you do anything stupid" said Joy. 

What is she trying to say anyway? That one day she will fall for Miss Bae? HAHA...no way. 

Why would she fall for Miss Bae anyway? Considering their both came from different background, there is no way she be able to be at the same level as her.

And Miss Bae probably have her standard high. Or maybe she already have one. Seulgi doesn't know and she doesn't care actually. It would probably the girl she hug in the picture.

The picture she saw when Jennie still around.

Seulgi doesn't know who she is but she is curious though. Since she doesn't get any answer and didn't dare to ask who it was too. So she was left with no answers.

But why would she care about it?

Joy is such an . She made her think of something she shouldn't have. 

Gather her things since lunch time is over and it's time for her to go back upstairs. Today Miss Bae is very busy and last night Seulgi didn't really get the chance to talk with Joy.

Since Joy already ate dinner and when she got back last night, Joy already asleep. Probably tired because of the launching event. 

"Ya. Where are you going?"

"Up. The devil will have meeting in an hour. So better get myself prepare" said Seulgi.

"She sure is busy. Anyway, can you book me an appointment with Miss Bae? Need to talk about the launching event"

"Hmm...let me see her schedule and I'll contact you later. Oh and anyway. Are you coming to the party this weekend?" asked Seulgi suddenly remember about the party.

But Joy seems doesn't know what party Seulgi is referring her to.

"What party?" 

"I don't know. Miss Bae is going so I thought that you're invited too" said Seulgi.

"No. I don't have any business schedule this weekend. Are you coming to the party?" 

Wait.

So this is not a business party so what party is it? Why would Miss Bae invited her to a party unrelated with business stuff?

"Anyway, Yeri going to visit tonight. Probably having sleep over. Make sure you come home before dinner" said Joy before she left.

 

"Miss Bae, your mother is on the line," said Seulgi reffering to Miss Bae's mother who apparently call her.

Irene groan. Like it or not she have to answer it. 

"Five minutes. I have another meeting to attend" said Irene in a rush.

"Oh darling. Hello would be nice, Joohyun"

"Please make it quick. I don't want to be late for the next meeting" said Irene begging but of course her face look so annoyed.

"Alright, alright. Can I borrow Kim Bum?" asked Mrs. Bae.

"What?" 

"You know darling, my cauver got sick last night and I need to attend a campaign in Daegu. I can't drive there by myself" 

Irene sigh. She have no other cauver other than Kim Bum. 

She knows her mother would use Kim Bum until night since driving from Daegu to Seoul kind a spend almost three hours of driving. Her mind contemplating whether she should say yes or not.

Wait. Wendy is here! Why she doesn't ask Wendy to drive her instead of using Kim Bum?

"Your sister is busy, Joohyun. Apparently she received an invitation to the Seoul National Hospital to do a presentation" 

, thought Irene.

"Please, Joohyun. Do you want your mother to knee-"

"Alright. Geez. I let Kim Bum know" said Irene. 

Though she have to sacrifice going home alone, anything to make her mother end the call as quick as possible, she would do anything for that.

"Thank you darling. Are you going to accompany me to the airport next week?" 

"Mother, are we really going to do this now?" asked Irene kind a annoyed.

"Honey, you barely even spend time with me while I'm in Korea"

"Please don't ruin my mood. I need to go"

"Jooh-"

Irene end the call. 

Though it's rude...she have to. If she doesn't want to yell at her mother and being a bad daughter she already is, she have to end the call. 

Otherwise it would ruin her mood of the day and she will only ruin the meeting vibes later on. She took a deep breathe before exhaling. Everything would have been much better if her relationship with her mother isn't complicated.

She wouldn't have been tough at her mother and wouldn't be a rude daughter to her. Something she really don't want to but past...past made her act like this towards her mother. 

 

"Mr Bae, Mrs Bae. It is an honor to finally meet you" a fine man dressing in complete black suit. 

Hiding behind her mother's a lovely young Bae Joohyun also known as Irene, Bae's first daughter. Everyone know her for her beauty because her parent would invite her to every business party they attend.

"Hello! You must be Irene. Hello. I'm Siwan. You can call me uncle Siwan"

Everyone adore her for her beauty. They even get in line to take picture with Irene. Making the little young girl develope fear for people and cameras. 

There was time where Irene would hide herself in her room. Not wanting to go out from her room. After all who would ask her to go out when obviously she own the house all for herself?

Why? Why would her parent let her live alone with her maid? Because they are busy with their business. Saying this business with inherited to her. Which mean she will be leading the company once she's older.

And from such young age she was left alone. Learning everything from her maid and being alone in such a big house, she found something really interesting.

People, talking about her behind her back. Going to school of rich kids made her hear lot of things about people image about her family and herself. Some would said she's lucky for being born in such a wealthy family.

Some said she's the family source of power. Having all the deal settle only because her parent promise they will arrange marriage with her first daughter one day.

A shocking news of the reasons why she was born. To be...the family face. To be the family power to gain fame and popularity. Despite how much she want to get away from her toxic family, she can't.

Why? Because every action, every movement, her parent knows. They keeping their eyes on her everyday. What's more frustrating is that how her parent put so much hope that one day she will lead the company.

She can't let that hope fell. After all, she's still their daughter and she is a nice girl. Very respecting elders. And so she keep it all by herself all those years.

Her grudge, her hatred, everything. Even to her sister. Why? Because ever since her sister was born, she had a life Irene hoping she would get that one day.

Freedom. Something that Irene never had since she was born because she is attach to her parent hope. While her sister...she have a choice. And her choice was to live the life she wanted.

Wendy disappointed her. Thought that she will stay with her but she chose to live the life she wanted. A doctor. Wendy betray her trust. 

After her father passed away, the company belongs to her automatically. She lead the company perfectly. And the arrange marriage never happen because she has cut every business partner that invest in her company.

Almost making the company go bankrupt but she won't let that happen. Not when her normal life was taken because of this. The life she never wanted. She's not gonna give up just like that.

That's when she tell the world she is not just pretty. But she's very talented and smart. Very powerful. Even after she lift up the company and gain back the reputation she lost for two years, people still talk bad about her.

Talking about how cruel and cold she is. And she is just some lucky that succeeded on attracting other business partner to sign several investment to her company.

They don't know how difficult it was for her knowing she had cut many business partner that has been investing their money to the company since her father leaderships.

Not many business partner believe her but she manage to gain their trust and so here she is. Standing in her office. Feeling so proud of herself. 

So basically this company gain it success because of her. She finally get rid all those dirty business partners and she manage to build her own company. The type of environment she want. Not what her father left her.

Despite her success, she felt empty. Why? Because she know there is still something missing. Something she should have hold on while she can and never let go.

Her disappointment still live until now and will never die. 

 

Sitting on her chair, she wonder around what kind of party Miss Bae have this weekend? She's dying to know because well she need to make sure the dress she bought yesterday match with the party theme! Wait. Too late for that, right?

It wasn't about that. She need to know why Miss Bae invited her to go to a party she didn't even know what. 

It would be awkward for her to come to a party she barely know the people. But when she have the time to ask Miss Bae when obviously the CEO has been very busy with meeting though work hour has already end.

She told Joy after she talked with Miss Bae earlier, that she would probably won't make it for dinner with Yeri later. Miss Bae still have two more meeting that would probably end at eight.

Right now she still focus on making the summary when Miss Bae end the meeting. Soon she follow the CEO back to her office.

“Irene! What a coincidence! I was about to go to your of-“ 

Suddenly Wendy came out from the elevator beside them and of course Irene isn't please with her being here. 

“Didn’t I tell you, you’re not allow to be here?” Said Irene sound so angry.

“Don’t be angry, Irene. Anyway, I want to talk about Uncle Wang birthday party this weekend”

Birthday party? So that’s the party Miss Bae will attend! Why she risked her time to buy new clothes for just a birthday party? Sometimes Seulgi couldn’t understand the way Miss Bae thinking.

Since she still need to arrange some paperwork, Seulgi decided to stay at the office. Finishing her work before going home. After all, Miss Bae still at the office. She wouldn’t dare to leave the office if Miss Bae still around.

Meanwhile, the two sister speak inside Irene’s office. Of course Irene never welcome her sister. She hate her. Why not kick her out while she can? Despite how tempting that idea is, Irene still sane enough to not do that. Just like how she still treat her mother sanely though she hate her so much for her past.

“What about it you want to talk?”

“Well I was wondering if we make some surprises for him? It’s his 60 birthday right?”

Irene sigh. 

“This is not that kind of birthday party you think, Wendy”

“So? Am I not allow to do that as his niece?”

How can Wendy still be so immature? Birthday party doesn’t mean a party with games and vodkas! Obviously many business partners will attend the party. And sure it won’t be just a birthday party because whoever the guests are, they still need to dress well. Socializing for business.

That’s particularly why she invited Seulgi to the party. Because she need company. She’s not that good at socializing alone but when she have someone accompany her, she can. She gain confident from people she know. At least she's with her secretary.

“Don’t expect Uncle Wang's party like teenagers birthday party, Wendy. Now will you get out from my office?” 

“Why are you so mean, Irene? I’m here trying to make good memories with you!”

Good memories? How can she make good memories with someone who had betrayed her trust long time ago? Betraying her by telling her she will work with her once they got older. Never leave her side. 

But she lied right on her face. She chose to be a doctor. For sake Irene believe Wendy will support her. Standing by her side. That’s her thought about having sisters. They support each other and deal with every hardships together.

“Don’t act like we’re close, Seungwan!”

“Well aren’t we?”

“Make yourself believe that your whole life but for sure we are not sister!”

Irene always able to make people around her feel worse. That’s what Wendy feel right now. Not to mention she also hurt with Irene’s word. Though she has been giving her cold shoulder since then, Wendy still believe that they will be okay one day. But it seems it will take a lot of time to finally be okay.

“If you still upset at me because I chose to be a doctor y-“

“Upset? Upset? Is that what you think I felt that day? You betray me! YOU! BETRAY ME SEUNGWAN! You and mother are the same! You both broke my childhood! What could be more evil than betraying your sister’s trust, Wendy? What?!”

“You don’t understand! I chose that becau-“

“I don’t want to hear your excuses, Seungwan. Now get out!”

Does Wendy have any choices? Yes she does. Either it’s to defend herself or to get out right now. And which one she will choose? Of course the second one. Why? She had her reason to not want to see her sister getting very furious at her.

After all, maybe not talking to her sister is the perfect move. She wasn’t making any excuses. She was about to tell the truth. But maybe...she was too late for that. 

Meanwhile, since the wall separating Irene’s office and Seulgi’s is not that thick, the secretary could hear anything going around inside Irene’s office. She was busy wih paperwork until she heard yelling from Irene’s room. This time, she doesn’t want to interrupt.

It seems that the sisters need to talk serious problem. Not that she too curious but it seems they really need to talk whatever problems they have between them. Seulgi try her best not to hear them but how can she not when basically the two sister are yelling at each other.

Family problem. Even she had enough with her mother’s, she doesn’t want to deal with another one. Maybe that’s the good side of being the only child. She only have one problem to deal but Miss Bae...seems like to be dealing with bigger problem. Facts she wouldn’t know if she’s not working here. Life of Bae Irene that not much people know about because...Seulgi doesn’t know the answer to it. The moment she heard the door close, she contemplating with herself whether she need to do this or not.

This is a matter of life. For Seulgi, yes, because she doesn’t know whether Miss Bae say yes or not. She bite her lips feeling unsure for awhile but all of a sudden she get up from her chair. Walk towards the door with firm steps and here she is. Standing by Miss Bae door office and knock it twice.

“Come in” 

She hope she won’t regret her crazy idea.

“Miss Bae?”

“What is it?” Said Miss Bae with her calm voice but still there is a slight annoyed behind it.

“Are going home?” Asked Seulgi which make Miss Bae look at her weirdly. Wel Seulgi never asked her that.

“I know this might sound rude and crazy but...would you please wait?” 

Miss Bae didn’t say anything. She remain still at her place making Seulgi even more nervous.

“J-just wait please?” Seulgi beg hoping Miss Bae just do as she said because she know how much Miss Bae hate uncertainty.

Since the young CEO didn’t say anything she decided its best if she hurry. Then Seulgi left the office, running to the elevator. Meanwhile, Miss Bae doesn’t know why she stay quiet. Maybe she was too tired to argue after her conversation with Wendy. After all she still have some paperwork to do.

 

Going back to the 20th floor with hands full of plastic bags. Consist of foods. So what exactly Seulgi idea is? She contemplating with herself earlier whether she should buy Miss Bae dinner or not. Well though she hater her(which is something she still believe but truthfully it has gone the moment Miss Bae recognize her) Miss Bae still a human. She need to eat. What about the money? Well she still have some in her wallet. Just enough for last remain week this month. Just few days more until her first salaries. Can’t wait for that day to come.

Knocking to Miss Bae door, she open the door only to see Miss Bae still sitting there. Oh well what do you expect? She’s working. There is no way she’s waiting for her right? Walking to the sofa, she put those plastic on the table.

“I uhm...you need to eat, Miss Bae. You skip dinner and...you were very busy today. So...I bought you food. N-no chicken! I promise” said Seulgi can’t help but stuttering. 

Deep inside she cursing herself because Miss Bae remain quiet. Is this wrong? Will Miss Bae yell at her? Oh man. She was just trying to lift up the mood. Or maybe she was wrong. This is not how you entertain Miss Bae. She might want fancy meal at dancy restaurant! There is no way she would eat these food she bought at the restaurant next to her building. 

“Hmm...I-I...Miss Ba-“

“Sit” said Miss Bae suddenly. 

“N-ne?” Asked Seulgi. Is she getting a punishment from Miss Bae? 

“Eat with me”

What? Did Seulgi hear it right? Is Miss Bae asking her to eat together?

“You skip dinner as well since you basically following me around the whole day” said Miss Bae.

The devil. The angel. They aren’t different right? The devil were an Angel. They just change form into hideous version of Angels. What about Miss Bae? She’s the devil...right? The devil who happen to be beautiful like the god of Aphrodite. She’s the devil right? Or...the angel? Seulgi doesn’t know anymore but she willing to know more about her.

“Please take a sit” said Miss Bae gets up from her sit and approach the sofa.

“N-ne” said Seulgi abit unsure and awkward since this will be her first time sitting together with Miss Bae.

 

Is she mad? Is she uncomfortable? Is she reminded of Jisoo? Yes. She should be running away right now. But how come she stay? When obviously she should be running away right now? 

Perhaps Jennie successfully brainwashed her. Making her believe that she need to move on. But does she want to move on? Let everything that happened in the past remain in the past? She can’t. She know she can’t when obviously Jisoo’s death is her fault.

Then why she’s here? Sitting with the girl who remind her of Jisoo? Something about this girl really attract her. Somehow she couldn’t resist it. So here she is. Eating together with Kang Seulgi. Been awhile since the last time she eat dinner with someone else. That even make this whole dinner even more familiar. Jisoo would always accompany her for dinner after work.

“The food is great!” Said Seulgi cheerfully.

Realize she was acting like a kid, she bow. Apologizing due to her high tone. But Miss Bae just smile without realizing. 

“We ate together. That’s what made the food taste good” said Miss Bae.

Is there sadness hidden behind that sentence? Yeah. Seulgi felt that. Why? Why would Miss Bae be sad over things like this? Doesn’t she always eat fancy dinner with her friends? But like always, her questions remain unspoken. 

“W-we should go home now. I-it’s getting late” said Seulgi.

She was about to leave the office when Miss Bae say,

“I drive you” 

“N-ne? Oh. No need Miss Bae I-“

“I insist” said Miss Bae with her demanding tone again. Looks like Miss Bae is back to the cold young CEO. Should Seulgi be glad? No. She prefer the warm Miss Bae instead of cold.

“Kim Bum-sshi drive yo-“

“He left me my car at the basement. Now please get you things and meet me at the elevator”

 

She should be declining Miss Bae offer right? Well she never feel comfortable knowing her boss will drive her back home. After all they are not that close. But there is something about Miss Bae that attract her. Make her keep thinking about her.

Now she’s in the car with Miss Bae, music fill the entire room. Today Miss Bae using her Tesla which is very new for Seulgi. She never ride electric car before. The moment she get inside, she amaze with the modern and elegant interior of Tesla. She wonder how many cars Miss Bae own since the last time she ride Miss Bae was a sedan. BMW 323i sport to be specific. 

Seulgi was too busy looking at the interior that she didn’t realize Irene has been stealing glances at her. Wondering how can Seulgi have some similarities with Jisoo? She also remember how Jisoo look very amaze at her car. Somehow she found the two of them really cute. 

Arrive infront of Seulgi's small apartment, Seulgi took of her seatbelt and bow to her boss.

"Thank you for the ride, Miss Bae" said Seulgi ready to get out from the car.

"Thank you" said Miss Bae suddenly.

Which obviously made Seulgi stop from getting out from the car. She stare at Miss Bae who have her eyes staring at her. Should have broke the glance but the closer she look, the more she notice how enchanting those beautiful eyes. 

How can Miss Bae so pretty and beautiful even when she doesn't do anything? Her eyes speak everything when she doesn't even speak. Seulgi could see slight sorrow and sadness. 

But her lips form a smile. A very sincere smile that Seulgi never seen it before. Miss Bae look even more beautiful with that smile on her face. Which make her heart racing so fast. Not realizing that probably her face are red by now.

"It's been awhile since the last time I ate dinner with someone else. So, thank you" said Miss Bae. 

Been awhile? Didn't she ate dinner with her business partners? Or not? Perhaps she never eat dinner with anybody else. Seulgi couldn't remember the last time Miss Bae had dinner meeting. She never has one!

"Goodnight Seulgi" said Miss Bae and Seulgi know it's time for her to get out.

"Goodnight Miss Bae. Drive safely"