I said 𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙀

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 32. IN MY HEAD by Ariana Grande | ♩ 

 

Bomi watched Rin, whom she temporarily blinded, munch on a dessert that she asked him to figure out. They were playing a game in which who guesses the most desserts (by just tasting it; that’s why Rin had to be blinded and Bomi had to be blindfolded earlier) wins. So far, they were a tie.

“Is this a...triple-layer cracker toffee bar?” Rin asked.

“Damn! You’re good, Ri! Just lose already!” Bomi complained as she returned her twin’s eyesight.

 

Chanyeol, who also sat at the same table as them, laughed heartily. Whenever the twins bickered, it reminded him so much of their parents, who were no stranger to arguments. “You guys devouring sweets one after another is heavily reminiscent of your mother on a blood moon.” 

Rin inspected the triple-layer cracker toffee bar he had just bitten. He looked up to his uncle. “Really? Is there one—! Uncle Yeol there’s a—!”

 

Rin gasped as Chanyeol swiftly caught an apple mid-air, one that was thrown behind him. Bomi blinked furiously and peeked to the side, curious who threw the apple at their uncle.

Chanyeol looked at the apple and when he turned around slightly, Shinae bent down closer to him and smiled sweetly. “Not gonna ask me to dance, Yeol?” 

Chanyeol chuckled and said, “Is that how you ask for a dance, Snow White? By throwing an apple at me?”

“Well, in the story, you were supposed to kill her.” Bomi deadpanned, with a brazen smile, turning to her twin. 

Rin nodded in agreement, grinning at his twin, immediately getting the memo to sabotage their uncle. “And bring her heart to the evil queen.”

“So I don’t think an apple to the head for a dance sounds so bad, Uncle Yeol.” Bomi said. 

“Especially if the request is from the very person who is the envy of the entire kingdom.” Rin finished.

Chanyeol flailed his arms in disbelief. “Are you guys seriously trying to get rid of me? Don’t you guys love my company?” He expressed in a joking manner. 

“Oh, we do, Uncle Yeol.” Bomi beamed.

“But we also don’t wanna hog all of it—”

“—Knowing that we’re not the only ones who enjoy it.” 

 

Chanyeol smiled at them in defeat, hanging his head low. These two...

Shinae laughed, throwing her head back in amusement. “Goddamn! These two are perfected versions of Baekhyun and Rara! Their coordination is immaculate!” Shinae guffawed, making Bomi laugh as well. 

“Hey, Uncle Huntsman. Dad always told me to be a gentleman and never make a lady wait.” Rin reprimanded. 

“Let it be known she’s a princess, and she shouldn’t have to stand so long.” Bomi reminded.

 

Sighing, Chanyeol stood up with an amused grin. Shinae stepped back, as Chanyeol was a great deal taller than her. “Were you always this tall?”

“Nah, you’ve always been petite, Shinae.” Chanyeol chuckled and bonked the apple lightly on one side of her head. “Hold onto this and just hold onto it—don’t eat it. I heard it’s poisonous.” He warned with a wink.

Shinae laughed lightly and hooked her arm around his as he led her to the dance floor. 

 

Sehun hee-hawed as Kai was getting a little bit tipsy from the shots of vodka. Apparently, Kyung Mi had a high tolerance for alcohol. The wolf pack, minus Baekhyun and Chanyeol, planned to hang out at the bar like they always do but encouraged Kyung Mi to hang out with Rara and Shinae. Seeing that her best friends were partnered up and were on the dance floor, and she knew that Suho would want to look after s, she decided to tag along. Kai indirectly belittled her and told her to order an orange juice instead of anything with alcohol, which of course, sent Kyung Mi into a fit and told him she bet that she could beat him at a drinking game.

Suho rubbed the back of his neck in agitation and anxiety, watching his mate and Kai do shots together. D.O looked over to the alpha wolf and snickered. “Did you know that Kyung Mi can take this much alcohol?” He inquired curiously.

“No, I didn’t.” Suho sighed, watching his mate burst into an evil laugh, sniggering at Kai, who was trying to remain focused. Then he looked over to D.O’s side, which was empty. “Where’s Shinae?” He asked. “Weren’t you just talking to her?”

D.O pointed his chin to the middle of the hall. Suho looked over to the dance floor and found Shinae dancing with Chanyeol. She was laughing, repeatedly punching Chanyeol’s arm, while Chanyeol looked like he was defending himself, trying to hold back the laughter threatening to erupt out of him. Suho was about to say something but the combination of Sehun and Kyung Mi’s boisterous laughter caught D.O and Suho’s attention, and he watched as his mate and the youngest werewolf made fun of Kai, who was evidently getting dizzier, not wanting to give up because it meant losing to a girl. A human girl.

“I might have to thank Kai for teaching me something I didn’t know about my mate.” He joked. 

“I second that.” D.O replied. 

 

While Chanyeol was dancing with Shinae, his eyes followed his sister’s figure, who was fast walking towards the Other Baekhyun, who seemed to be heading out of Elle’s. Rara was alternating between typing a message on her phone and looking up which direction the Other Baekhyun was going. Minutes later, Chanyeol’s phone buzzed in his pocket. He briefly let go of Shinae and glanced at the message notification that was surely from Rara; she asked him to make up some kind of reason for their parents, the twins, Kyung Mi, Shinae, and the pack, as to why she and the Other Baekhyun were leaving so soon.  

Chanyeol sighed; after dancing with the Other Baekhyun, Rara had invited Jintae to dance with her. It was fine at first, then the Other Baekhyun started to look grim and impatient sitting at a table, alone. And with a few steps, twirls and turns, a bit of laughter here and there from Rara and Jintae, the Other Baekhyun suddenly snapped, injuring himself by crushing the wine glass with his hands. Since the music was loud, it hardly got anyone’s attention, but it successfully caught Rara’s. Chanyeol was sure that his sister didn’t have ill intentions, but she could have thought twice before dancing with another guy, because compared to the Baekhyun they both knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter