Act X: Rara, as told by The Other Baekhyun

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 33. TOLERATE IT by Taylor Swift | ♩ 

 

Why do I have to be so ing clumsy? Rara thought as she crouched down on the snow-covered ground, checking the huge gash on her thigh because she was unable to see the twigs along the snowy path. Now I have a face, neck, arm, back, and thigh injury. Some doctor I am. And when she stood up, her knees buckled from near fatigue, and she fell on the puffy snow, turning it a little bit pink from blood gushing out from her wounds. Ow, ow, ow. She thought as she struggled to stand up. The constant entrance of water on her wounds caused her exhaustion to increase gradually. And as if she wasn’t getting tired enough, the stinging sensation was like adding a cup of salt to a fresh wound by the second. 

After minutes of hugging trees for support and limping through the forest, the door to the mansion finally appeared within her field of vision. The closer she got to those familiar double doors, the more she felt relief. Once she got to their front porch, she realized that the Other Baekhyun had the key to the mansion. Sighing, she took a hair clip from her hair and started jamming it into the keyhole, then with a of luck, it opened. She went in, shut the doors behind her. She fished out the case of her contact lens from her dress's hidden pocket and proceeded to remove her contact lens and stored them back inside. She then unlatched her heels, breathed in deeply, and when she exhaled, it was as if she also breathed out the last of her strength. 

But I got here in one piece so…then her knees gave out once again. Her body hit the cold marble floors with a moderate force; it wasn’t painful, though she could hardly care about the impact because her wounds needed more attention at the moment. She curled sideways and sighed as the cold floor induced a stingy pain on the gashes on her face. If she laid down and tried to gather even an ounce of strength, she might be able to attend to herself. She had not a lot going around at the moment, so she closed her eyes, relaxing against the freezing hard exteriors she was laying on. 

 

Click. The double doors creaked open, and before she opened her eyes, someone already picked her up. It was the Other Baekhyun, and he looked like himself, not like the monster-esque version she had seen earlier. He carried her to the living room and delicately sat her down on one of the couches. As he crouched down on the floor, he noticed that her eyes lingered on her prized possession that was hanging on his neck and he said, “I’ll let you in a little secret.” 

He held her injured arm, a casualty by his own hand. Rara winced when he touched the surface of her wound, but when he ran his hand down her arm, it started to disappear. 

“Whoa.” She said in amazement. “That was pretty cool.” 

“Yeah?” He grinned. “You know how werewolves can heal themselves, right? Well, I can heal anyone, except for myself.” 

The opposite. “That’s pretty handy but at the same time, it kinda .” 

The Other Baekhyun ran his hand down her thigh, restoring the texture of her unharmed skin. Rara trembled under his touch because his fingers were cold. When the Other Baekhyun was done with the last of the scratches on her leg, she felt her lower extremities regain their energy; not wanting to have any more physical contact with him, she stood up, turned around, and thought of lighting up the fireplace. “Where are you going?” He asked. Rara sat down in front of the fireplace and replied, “Nowhere. I’m just gonna warm up the place.” She lit a small orange fireball in her hand and threw it in the opening, immediately igniting the lumber.

 

Rara stared at the dancing flames, the orange glow illuminating the living room. The Other Baekhyun sat beside her, but he didn’t continue healing her wounds yet. He removed the necklace from his neck and handed it to her. 

“Don’t worry, I’ll still heal your wounds. I just thought giving this back to you will speed up the process.” He assured. “Let me sit with you for a while.” 

She took the necklace in her palm and looked u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter