Different Universe, Same Siblings

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 58. STREETS by Doja Cat | ♩

 

 

“In case I need to um, interfere. How do you take over and control that version of myself?”

“Just switch positions. You know, like in Grand Theft Auto?”

“What do you mean?”

“When you steal a car. Drag the driver out of the car and drive.”

 

Time to overdrive. This could be my chance to know if this Baekhyun is the one I’m looking for.

 

“What’s all this racket about?!” Rara hissed. “What are you all bantering about?!”

 

In unbelievably perfect timing, Rara got out before Baekhyun was about to counter the venus flytraps that Chanyeol had managed to materialize. Her eyes widened for a split second, realizing that in Baekhyun’s fist, she saw a familiar thing—black flames. So he got my powers, huh? Lucky guy. D.O was the one holding him back, his hands on Baekhyun’s wrists, a streak of water that surrounded the flame. Black flames can’t be put out by water, but D.O probably thought it would be best to exhaust his efforts because black flames are troublesome. He’s got Suho’s abilities. 

 

Below Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s feet were shards of ice. Rara looked a few feet behind Chanyeol and found Suho panting, his hands on the floor. And he has Xiumin’s ice. 

 

“What’s all this talk about killing each other?” Rara spat. “Are you all out of your minds? These people are basically kin to you, Your Highness. Duke Baekhyun’s like your brother.” Brother-in-law, in my world. Probably in this one, too.

With his murderous gaze still fixed on Baekhyun, Chanyeol silently said, “The only sibling I have is you, Princess Rara.” 

Rara sighed and hesitantly reached out for Chanyeol’s arm. “Your Highness, please, can’t we just talk it out, like normal people?”

“That’s the problem.” Baekhyun muttered. “We’re not exactly normal people.” 

Right. “Well, just take it down a notch.” Rara ordered. “Is that clear enough, even for non-normal people?”

 

Suddenly, the fire was put out, the water dissolved, the ice had melted away and the venus flytraps and vines had gone back under the floors and ceilings. 

“Thank God. I almost thought immortals weren’t immune to stupidity.”

“Some are.” Chanyeol said, eyeing Baekhyun. Before Baekhyun could retaliate, Rara tugged the sleeve of his shirt roughly. “Chanyeol, please. Come inside, let’s talk about it.” 


 

Eventually, Chanyeol was calm enough to relay the story to her. On their way to hunt, Chanyeol had an epiphany—his partner was a werewolf. He ran into her in the forest, and at the same time, the werewolf had imprinted on him. It was like saying checkmate at the same time. She introduced herself telepathically, and before she could say anything else besides her name, a switch suddenly flipped inside Baekhyun, and before everyone knew it, he was going the opposite way, apparently back to the castle. Kai and Sehun, who were unbearably hungry, had decided to stay in the woods, and the rest tried to keep up with Baekhyun. 

When the hallways he sped through were leading up to Rara’s room, that’s when Chanyeol’s anger started to sizzle. Baekhyun had managed to get ahold of the doorknob, but Chanyeol immediately made vines grow out of the concrete and held his ankles back. The vines pulled Baekhyun back and when Chanyeol got a hold of the collar of his shirt, he punched him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter