I swear we've been here before

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 82. DEJA VU (feat. Justin Bieber) by Post Malone | ♩

 

“If you want to go back to our universe, all you have to do is think about the hospital you work in, your mansion, or your house under construction—just anything related to our universe—and et voila, you’re back, Park-kun.” 

 

Baekhyun had successfully emerged back from Inferos sub Vitrum, and he had appeared in Rara’s art studio, in their mansion. It was weird to be back, and he wore the same clothes the last time his alter ego was here. 

 

He turned around and he found himself facing the painting of Madame Luti. He tilted his head backward, incredibly hassled and hesitant about Rara’s plan. They were true soulmates, he thought in his mind. His worst nightmares resulted in Rara's worst nightmares and now, whatever Rara had to experience, he would have to experience as well. 

 

Sitting on the wooden stool, he looked into the eyes of Madame Luti. It sparkled and seemed to invite him in. 

I just want to have Rara back. By my side. Right now. He said it in his head over and over again until he felt someone tap his shoulder.

 

When he looked beside him, he couldn’t help but look surprised. Even though it was the plan—summon Rara’s Miroir, so her physical body can return to their world with half of her soul and thus, will allow the proper growth of the baby if there was going to be one—he was still stumped by the difference in the appearance of his partner’s alter ego from what she was as a whole. 

The Other Rara had electric, icy blue eyes as opposed to Rara’s soft brown eyes, and short blood-orange hair in wolf cut as opposed to Rara’s wavy, medium-length black hair. 

 

“Rara?” He mumbled, then shook his head. “Um, Rara’s Miroir? I mean you’re still Rara. Anyway, I have to ask, do you feel—” As Baekhyun stood up and tried to move closer to her, the Other Rara stepped back. “Don’t come any closer.” She whispered swiftly. 

Baekhyun was taken aback by the doubt in Rara’s Miroir’s eyes and voice. While he was aware that whatever good traits Rara had were completely diminished in her Miroir’s, he still had to figure her out. Rara’s never been afraid of me...well, I guess her Miroir sees me as something Pennywise would conjure for her. 

“Um, okay, I’ll just stay here.” Baekhyun kept his distance from Rara’s Miroir who looked at him as if he was going to attack her the second she would turn away. “So you, um, recognize me, right? I mean, you know who I am? To you?”

“Yes, Baekhyun.” She said steadily. “I do. You’re Rara’s partner.” 

“So you know you can trust me, right?”

“That kind of thing doesn’t need to be said, they have to be executed through actions.” Massive trust issues. Why am I not surprised? Baekhyun thought. 

“Fine.” The Other Rara still looked at him as if she expected him to strike her any moment. “I only have one favor.” 

“And that is?”

“By all means, you have to let me take care of you.” 

“Your favor involves me putting my own well-being in your hands, thus requiring me to trust you.” She replied in a steel tone. 

Baekhyun sighed deeply. “I’m not gonna force you to do anything. You just have to let me look after you.” He pressed. “You do know that’s my inborn duty to my mate, which is you, right?” 

“Where do you get the audacity to talk about trust when you’re out here implying that I can’t look after myself?” Her words were sharp and authoritative—it was as if Baekhyun was speaking to a much more emotionless version of Rara that once tried to convince him to keep their platonic relationship as is. 

“I believe you can take care of yourself, I do, I swear I do.” He said. “I just thought you might need extra help, with the baby or babies, for all I know.” 

“I’ll ask for it when I need it.” 

Baekhyun heaved another sigh. Rara never asks for help even when she needs it, I imagine this one is a steel trap when it comes to her needs. “Okay.” He agreed. It was no use arguing with her anyway; he knew better than that. “Let’s go talk in the dining room about the arrangements we’re gonna have.” 

The Other Rara nodded and as she walked towards the door, she accidentally hit herself on the head while opening the door, causing Baekhyun to rush beside her. 

“Are you okay?” He asked worriedly. Suddenly he had a thought that spread a nerve-wracking and exhausting feeling all over his body. Rara isn’t this clumsy. She can’t afford to be clumsy, because she’s a surgeon. If her alter ego’s the exact opposite, I might need to keep an eye on her Miroir at all times. 

“I’m fine.” She said, rubbing her forehead. “It was just a tiny bump.” 

As the Other Rara was massaging her forehead, Baekhyun inspected her neck. His fingers brushed against her collar bone as he tried to lift the silver chain, checking if she was wearing her healing necklace. And she was, and as he let go of it, he found himself looking at Rara who was already staring at him—her eyes attempted to shoo him off but her flushed cheeks told him otherwise. Is she blushing because of the brief contact? So cute. He inwardly thought, then immediately let go of her necklace. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to touch—”

“It’s fine, I—”

The Other Rara bumped her forehead against the edge of the door. Again. 

Baekhyun put an arm around her and delicately pulled her to his side and opened the door widely. It’s going to be one hell of a job looking after your Miroir, kid. I—

Baekhyun winced in pain, quickly removing his hand from the Other Rara’s shoulder.

“Oh, , sorry! I didn’t mean to!” The Other Rara gasped, seeing that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter