Inner Peace, Outer Space

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 72. NASA by Ariana Grande | ♩

 

Chanyeol and Suho told them that they’d just be at the 7-11 a few blocks from Rara’s apartment, so Baekhyun and Rara could settle things privately. 

Though spacious, and unoccupied, with the decrease of people inside it, Rara chose not to talk to Baekhyun inside her apartment but outside, on the back porch. 

For a while, they sat in silence on the porch steps, not uttering a single word. The atmosphere was rather filled with unease, and to think that they spent their time together mostly without words. 

 

Rara clasped her hands together and said, “I’m angry, Baekhyun.” She said nonchalantly. “I didn’t want to talk but Chanyeol talked me into it. So I’m going to let you do all the talking, and I’m gonna listen. If there’s something I want to respond to, I’ll speak up.”

He turned to her, but Rara didn’t flinch and continued to look ahead. “I’m sorry.” He said with pure sincerity. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that you’re my mate. I’m sorry I knocked you up. If I had known it would come to this, I would’ve done things differently.” 

“So why didn’t you?” Rara gave him a side-eye.

“I got scared.” He shrugged. “There’s just no other way to put it.” 

Rara narrowed her eyes at him. “So you’re telling me...that it’s easier to get in between my legs than in my heart?” 

Baekhyun laughed, knowing what she said was both true and hilarious. “If it was easier to get inside your heart, I promise you, Rara, I would’ve done it.”

“Did you even try?” She hissed. 

“I couldn’t risk losing you. You would’ve turned me down.” 

“What made you think of such a thing anyway?”

“Rara, c’mon.” Baekhyun stood up abruptly and looked at her, heaving. “I know you. Say I was out of the picture and it was just Suho hyung making a move on you, I know you won’t say yes to him. You’re just not into relationships. Period.” 

“Why are you talking like I’m the one sleeping around when you’re literally the only guy I sleep with, even without a label?” Rara retorted.

“See? That’s it!” Baekhyun replied exasperatedly. “How can I not assume that I’m special when I’m literally the only guy you ?!”

Rara rose up from her own spot in fury. “Oh, I’m sorry Baekhyun, I didn’t know I was supposed to figure out your feelings while we’re ing!” She screeched, dripping in sarcasm. 

“Well, it’s the only way I know!” He shouted back. “You know I around a lot and then,” They looked at each other which intensity, eyes red and silver, filled with madness and desperation for understanding. “And then you happened. I’m not good with words, you know that.” He reasoned out. “If words fail me, surely actions won’t.” 

“You could’ve asked me out on a date and I would’ve interpreted your feelings for me from a less explicit body language.” Rara said as a matter-of-factly.

Baekhyun threw his head back in tiredness and irritation. He sighed deeply and leaned forward. “Okay, Rara, I could have, but I didn’t, because I got weak in the knees…, you made me forget I had limbs at all.” He muttered under his breath. He met her eyes and tried to bare as much sincerity as he could. “Is it that unforgivable of a sin to falter when you’re facing all your weaknesses put together in the form of a vampire?” 

Every time Baekhyun says he’s not good with words, ing F. Scott Fitzgerald possesses his body. “Still doesn’t justify all the clownery you put me through, Baekhyun.” She heaved, looking him straight in the eye. “I can’t believe I let you rail me while I’m pregnant with your kid or that you're willing to double-cross your alpha wolf, regardless if Suho was putting on an act.” She cursed, raising her hands in surrender. She turned around, wanting to head back inside. “I can’t think clearly when my mind’s clouded and I’m overflowing with these stupid hormones—”

Baekhyun caught her by the arm. “Wait. It’s safe to say that I haven’t made myself clear yesterday.” He stepped forward, towering over her. “I love you, Rara. I ing love you, I love ing you—I’m sorry if I’m not able to express it the way you want it and ended in between your legs before I got in your heart, but I swear I really wanted you beyond the physical.” 

This bastard…! Rara pulled his collar in crumpled fists. She searched his eyes for any sign that he was about to force her into a circus again but he was telling the truth. Instead, loosened her grip and sighed deeply. 

Baekhyun smiled in relief. It got to her. Finally. He cupped her face and kissed her softly in the mouth. “Let me take care of you, Rara.” He whispered against her lips. 

I can’t falte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter