Act VIII: Dr. Byun and the three Junior Clerks

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 19. I MIGHT ◑ by HONNE | ♩ 

 

December 13, Monday afternoon.

 

“Tokyo? To Tokyo?” Rara chuckled sarcastically. “No way.” She peeled off her lab coat and hung it in her arm.

 

The next day, the Other Baekhyun dropped by at the hospital during Rara’s lunch break, which was almost over. He met up with her at the doctor’s lounge. He was seated comfortably, while an agitated Rara at the sight of him, as usual, stood in front of him. He rose up from his seat and grinned, carefully took the lab coat off her arm, and proceeded to fold it.

“I talked to Dr. Jung already.” The Other Baekhyun said, folding it neatly. “Told him that you’re coming to Tokyo with me for an important conference for three days.” 

Rara stared at him with disbelief. In meetings that took place out of the country, Baekhyun never pulled her out of her work so suddenly. This wasn’t just a dinner with the executives that she could just drive over to—she needed to get on a damn plane to get there. “Since when did you talk to Dr. Jung? I walked you out yesterday!”

“Did you see me go past the exit?” 

“Well, I—” He’s right. And when he flashed that signature smirk, it irked Rara even more. “Did you really talk to Dr. Jung about this?”

“I don’t have a lot of time, I need to go back to the company.” The Other Baekhyun said in a monotone. “But if you want me to come with you to confirm it with Dr. Jung, that’s fine, too.” 

“No, thank you. I’ll do it myself.” Rara retorted, glaring at him. “You can leave now. If you’ve already asked permission, I’m sure he’s got the schedule arranged.” She said. “I’m gonna go see who’s going to fill in for me for the next few days. I’ll check with my clerks as well.” 

“I think I wanna tag along.” 

At first, Rara thought of opposing, but then again, when did she ever get her way with the Other Baekhyun? Never. “Just—”

“Be good?” The Other Baekhyun asked with a cunning smile and one eyebrow raised to complete that smug look. 

“Please.” Rara replied quietly. With a cherry on top. 

 

Apparently, the youthful Dr. Gong was going to take over her shift when she leaves for Tokyo. She’s going to have her hands full, and children weren’t pleasant to be with all the time, but she’ll only have to deal with it for a short amount of time. Rara had the attending nurse call for the medical clerks that were assigned to the pediatric ward, and surprisingly, Minji emerged from the room, who was not under her wing at the moment. Her eyes sparkled with admiration as she saw the both of them. 

The Other Baekhyun immediately noticed that the three clerks assigned to Rara were all male, and they all looked at her, drooling. Their eyes gleamed with devotion, just begging to be noticed by the renowned Dr. Byun.

“Minji-ssi, right?” Rara asked, looking at Minji curiously. “Are you assigned to this ward now?”

“Oh, no, no, Dr. Byun. I just happened to pass by to come and spend the break with my classmates.” She explained. “Please, just call me Minji, Doctor.”

“Oh, okay.” 

“Anyway, what was it you needed from me, Dr. Byun?” A boy, a bit taller than Rara, asked pompously. Clearly, he was trying to sound cool, attempting to allure h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter