Gemini, Reloaded

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 44. MADNESS by Ruelle | ♩

 

Daeun had been watching Rara for the past five minutes reading and rereading the Other Baekhyun’s test results.

Which were all perfectly normal. 

Except for his temperature, still at 40°C.

 

“Are you sure this belongs to him?” Daeun nodded. Rara e page after another on the clipboard. 

“Doc Byun, may I ask a question?” Daeun asked politely. 

“Sure. What is it?” 

“It’s puzzling to see your husband in such a weak state.” She said. “Isn’t he a werewolf? Their immune systems supposedly work wonders. His test results show no anomaly though.” 

He’s not a werewolf now. Rara thought. “Yeah. It’s been bothering me all night.” 

“I hope he gets better though.” Daeun flashed Rara a pleasant smile. 

“Yeah, me too.” Rara handed the clipboard to Daeun. “Here. You may go now. Thanks, Daeun. Good luck with your rounds today.” The nymph bowed and left the room. Rara turned to the Other Baekhyun, who was in deep slumber. During the night, she hadn’t noticed how exhausted he looked. Pale skin with slightly dark circles under his eyes, like he hadn’t gotten sleep for days. She sat on the edge of the bed and put her hand lightly on his forehead, and the heat was reminiscent of her firing up her hands to summon a fireball. Sighing, she composed herself and shook negative thoughts off her head. She had to stay optimistic, not only for Baekhyun’s Miroir but for the patients she had to deal with today. 

 

When lunchtime approached, Rara thought of buying at the restaurant on the opposite side of the road, because the Other Baekhyun might not want the hospital food, though he did mention last night that he didn’t have the appetite for anything. But either way, she needed to get food in his system. She left the hospital 10 minutes early before the clock struck 12 noon to avoid the long queue. On her way to the entrance, she felt a familiar presence approaching her. When she turned around, a little gasp escaped .

“Bomi! Rin!” The twins were right in front of her, in their uniforms, riding their bikes. “What are you two doing here?”

“We heard dad was sick.” Bomi said.

“The receptionist told us that you went out to have lunch.” Rin added.

“Who told you…” There’s only one person I’ve told about this. “Oh, Chanyeol.” 

“Actually…” Bomi exchanged glances with Rin. “It wasn’t Uncle Yeol.” Rin finished. “We want to talk to you about something else, Mum.” 

“It’ll be quick, because we need to get back to school, and you need to get back to the hospital.” Bomi continued.

 

With that being said, Rara had the feeling she already knew what was coming. 

 

The Byuns decided to take a seat at the restaurant, ordering dine-in for them, and take-out for the man of their household. For a moment, the twins just kept quiet, probably wondering how to go about what they were going to tell their mother.

 

“Rin got someone pregnant.” Bomi blurted out.

 

Alarms went off inside Rara’s head, her jaw slowly dropping, her heart dropping even faster, like she was on a roller coaster ride, going on endless loops. 

“...Wait, what?” She whispered in utter disbelief, turning her attention to Rin. “Byun Rin, tell me your sister is lying!” I seriously cannot believe I’m becoming a grandmother before I became an aunt! 

Rin remained silent, looking down at his hands hidden under the table. He looked up to meet his mom’s disappointed and worried eyes. His lips parted a little, inhaling deeply.

“She’s kidding. I didn’t get anyone pregnant, Mum.” Rin said with an apologetic smile. “But we do know that Dad isn't really Dad.” 

Rara sighed in relief, tilting her head back as if she brushed off the entire weight of the Milky Way off of her head. They probably said that to lighten up the mood. “Oh, thank God. You almost got me there.” She said breathlessly. “I had you guys when I was 115 years old! You just can’t be a dad at 17 years old!” 

“Sounds absolutely weird to be pregnant at the age past a century, Mum.” Bomi laughed. “But did you hear what Rin just said?”

“Yes, I heard that loud and clear.” Rara straightened up and put on a serious face. “I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter