𝚅𝙸: The Last for the ̷B̷e̷s̷t̷ Worst

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 76. DEJA VU by Olivia Rodrigo | ♩

 

Rara’s been two days in this world—a world that she thought would be Baekhyun’s worst nightmare—and she immediately knew she was in the right world. 

While this world was almost exactly the same as the one she belonged in—she was a superhuman, a vampire, still, and she studied the same pre-medical courses and pursued medicine—there were some noticeable differences. 

For one, this version of her did not have any past memories with Baekhyun. She knew him but only as Chanyeol’s co-vice president CEO of Park & Co. But anything before that, any significant memories—their first meeting resulting from that tag game at the forest, Baekhyun confessing that he imprinted on her a year before, Rara mustering up the courage to ignore the vampire council’s warnings, even the twins—none. Baekhyun was no more than an acquaintance to this version of her. 

 

Why was that? She initially hypothesized that this version of her must still have her vampire side turned off but as aforementioned, she knew she was superhuman and was always aware that her family was too. 

In those two days, she hadn’t seen him around the building. Or had the slightest idea where he was. 

And she could only think of one thing: her memories with Baekhyun might have been completely erased by Hyorin; instead of sparing her by just putting her vampire self to sleep, in this nightmare of Baekhyun, Hyorin could’ve been cold-hearted enough to completely eradicate any part of her brain and heart that catered to her true partner. On top of that, maybe not encountering him for the past 48 hours meant that he was still obligated to stay away from her. 

 

And as if that wasn’t bad enough of a theory, this version of her is currently in a relationship.

With a superhuman—a demigod. Half human, half Olympian. 

His name was Seunghyun, a son of Apollo. 

 

Seunghyun was one of the executive managers of Park & Co. That’s how he met Rara. 

He was funny, kind, and very doting towards Rara. And because he was the son of the god of healing and diseases, he complimented Rara’s interest in science way more than it should. 

For two days, Rara took into account all those points in this world. It was no less than a normal life for this version of her but as a passenger from a different universe, this was a complete disaster, especially for Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun does not have any reason to hate Seunghyun, because he’s so nice to her. Rara thought. Rara was sitting on the waiting lounge on the ground floor of Park & Co. After her morning shift, she always headed to Park & Co. and waited for Seunghyun to finish for the day, entertaining herself with medical journals she saved on her iPad. 

“Rara!” 

Looking up, Rara caught a glimpse of Seunghyun. She quickly shoved her tablet inside her duffel bag and ran towards Seunghyun, giving him a bear hug. 

“Don’t apologize for making me wait.” Rara quickly said before pulling away. She knew he’d say sorry that he had to wait for her. 

“I’m sorry.” Seunghyun smiled at her apologetically. 

“Just get married already, jeez.” Chanyeol gagged in the background. It then occurred to Rara and Seunghyun that he was with the co-vice president CEOs. 

 

Oh, Baekhyun. 

I can’t believe even Chanyeol is rooting for a man that’s not you. 

 

“Not before you do, Chanyeol.” Rara stuck her tongue out. “Step up your game, bro. I bet Baekhyun can beat you to it.” 

Baekhyun smiled and shook his head at her silly statement. “I don’t know about that.” 

It wasn’t obvious to this versi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter