Tails without Heads

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 4. THINKING BOUT YOU by Ariana Grande | ♩

 

“How long has he been missing?” 

“One day.”

 

After dropping by at Ye Olde, Rara met up with her two best friends for lunch at Starbucks. Shinae leaped from the medical field into research and was working as a scientist in one of the most prestigious laboratories in Korea, one that’s constantly developing new methods and advanced technologies for the convenience of Mother Earth, while Kyung Mi was an English professor at a university, and of course, still Suho’s mate. 

Kyung Mi sighed at the length of time that Baekhyun had been gone. “So he’s been MIA since Friday night?” She asked. “And the only ones who know are you, Rin, Bomi, and Hyerin?” 

“The twins, partly, yes. They believe that Baekhyun’s playing a trick on me. He does go extreme sometimes when he tries to get on my nerves. It’s also their Junior year; I think the kids have a lot on their plate to think about it, though Rin’s a little worried.” 

“Classic. The boy version of you.” Shinae commented, sipping on her coffee. “So what have you done so far?”

“Had Hyerin drive his car for me when I went home from the night shift. I came back yesterday to look for clues at the bookshop and there wasn’t anything.” Rara recounted. “I couldn’t sense his presence, I couldn’t hear his thoughts or recognize his heartbeat.” She said, “If this was a prank, then I’ve been played really well.” 

“If it was, there should be at least one accomplice.” Kyung Mi suggested. “If Rin’s worried, it could be Bomi.”

“Bomi’s denying it. I don’t think she’ll take part either because she’s trying her best to comfort me.” 

“The pack?” Shinae asked. “Speaking of the pack, do you have plans telling the pack?”

“Nope. Not even Chanyeol.” Rara confessed. “I was hoping I could find Baekhyun before the week starts before they figure out he’s missing.”

“You oughta ask help from them.” Kyung Mi sliced the blueberry muffin and took a small bit from it. “They could help.”

“I don’t want them to be worried.” Rara said exasperatedly. “That’s my husband missing. I oughta find him. I’m a grown- woman.”

“Okay, then.” Kyung Mi shrugged. “We got our own hoe code.” She added. 

“Don’t you even think about telling Suho.” Rara warned. “I swear to God—”

“My lips are sealed.” Kyung Mi said, motioning Rara that she has shut.

“You mentioned something about a wish-granting painting Hyerin gave you earlier today?” Shinae asked curiously. 

“Yeah. It’s in the car. I’ll use it at the mansion. It’s not inhabited.”

“I didn’t know Aladdin’s lamp had evolved into a painting.” Shinae said. “Does it really work?”

“It does. I’ve seen it.” Rara said. “Hyerin doesn’t know the limit, but she told me she hasn’t wished for much.” 

“Well, be careful.” Kyung Mi said. “Even though Aladdin’s lamp didn’t really have any risk, it did have a limit of three wishes.”

“I agree.” Shinae chimed. “It’s the wish that comes with the risk. So be careful what you wish for.” 

 

Shinae had to go back to the laboratory and Kyung Mi also had lesson plans to finish by afternoon. So they all parted ways after lunch and Rara decided to leave the city and head for their mansion in the wood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter