So it goes...

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 69. YOU RIGHT (feat. The Weeknd) by Doja Cat | ♩

 

The ice in this Mountain Dew has melted, Rara thought, staring at her drink. After dismissal, she decided not to go home right away, because then she’s gonna think about stuff that she doesn’t want to think about. But the brain doesn’t separate itself from the body, so it’s safe to say your thoughts will go where you go. There’s no escape to this prison unless you confront it, Rara. 

She had not completely wasted away in 7-11; she alternated between looking out at the street from the high chair she was sitting on, the one positioned right in front of the glass walls, and looking down on her sketchbook, attempting to come up with an idea for her next plate. 

As usual, the skies just changed colors like any other day, but plates don’t normally draw themselves the way the clouds switch hues on their own. She tapped her mechanical pencil slowly, her cheek resting on her fist, watching the sunset. 

Suddenly, she felt someone slide next to her and when she turned to her side, it was a creepy-looking man with a malicious grin on his face. “Got any plans tonight, miss? I can give you a good time.” Immediately, Rara scowled at him. What the ? ing bastard! Rara’s eyebrows scrunched up furiously, but before she could say anything, someone punched that lowlife of a ert. Collective gasps among the staff that had been present at the counter. She turned back a little bit, wanting to see who threw a punch in her stead, and it was Baekhyun.

They looked at each other momentarily, then Baekhyun said, “What? He stole my line.” 

Rara rolled her eyes and smacked her sketchbook on Baekhyun’s head. “Get outta here with this bull.” She muttered under her breath angrily. Baekhyun winced slightly, and before she could hear what he was saying, she had fast-walked away from the store. 

 

Her apartment was just one block away, and he was catching up with her. When Rara opened the door, Baekhyun came in as well. There was no point fighting it, because she knew he would have made his way inside, anyway. 

“Hey, that was a joke.” He said. “And I just saved you from that piece of .” 

Rara dropped her stuff on the couch hastily. “Did I ask you to?” She retorted. “Were you following me?”

“One, not all people, specifically you, will ask for help even if they need it so the people who know them well, for example, me, will adjust and save you when you won’t say it verbally,” That’s an awfully correct statement. That sounds like a perfect description of me. “And two, I happened to be there because I was going to buy an energy drink. Now that I’ve mentioned it, I forgot to buy it.”

“Then go out the door and buy your energy drink, Baekhyun.” Rara replied icily. “I don’t need your company.” 

“No, this is cool. I’ve been meaning to talk to you anyway.” 

“Is this about what Chanyeol and I argued about in the hallway? Because I don’t wanna discuss it right now.” 

Baekhyun sat casually on the single chair in front of the couch. He crossed his arms and shrugged in a reserved manner. “Right. Let’s just drag this whole soap opera. Might as well dig a grave for Suho hyung.”

“What do you want me to do, Baekhyun? Either way, he’s gonna get hurt.” She snapped in desperation. It was a lose-lose situation.

“You talk like he’s the only one who’s going to take a blow to the heart.” 

Rara gaped at him and snorted, as a result of holding back her laughter. “Heart? Really? Are you seriously talking about something you lack?” She shook her head, feeling silly. “And if you did, it’d be down there, not on your chest, I’m sure.” She snickered. 

You don’t have much of a heart either, Rara. “You’re one to talk, Rara.” Told you so. Baekhyun stared at her threateningly. “Just because I’m the outcast in this triangle doesn’t mean your hands are stark clean. In fact, you’ve got more blood in your hands than I do.” 

The heat was getting to her. Why was everyone pinning the blame down on her? Chanyeol, and now, Baekhyun? H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter