I operate and go on Operations as well

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 66. NEW PERSPECTIVE by Panic! At The Disco | ♩

 

I’m working at a hospital so if anything happens to me, I could be treated right away. I could accidentally food poison myself. Ingest mildly harmful yet curable chemicals. Maybe go to a bar and drink until I blackout. Alcohol intoxication seems like a great option. Tell ‘em I wanted to be distracted from the truth that I’ve been having a hard time accepting the dark parts of my entire being, which is being part of a mafia. 

 

Rara was at the emergency room, talking to a patient. She was a little bothered and unable to concentrate. Even though that weekend had gone smoothly, it wasn’t exactly the perfect idea she had of unwinding. Well, I didn’t lie about being distracted. I should drive this time. I’m the fully-fledged doctor anyway.

Taking over, Rara had made an accurate diagnosis of the patient and reported it to her consultant. When asked what medicine she thought would be the solution, she gave the correct answer.

“Well done, Doc.” Dr. Kang complimented. “I’m sure the board exams will be easy peasy, lemon squeezy.” 

“I sure do hope so.” If I stay longer here, I could take the exams for her. But that would be unfair to her, haha. 

“By the way, I’ll be flying out for a 1-week conference in Los Angeles.” Her consultant informed. “But worry not, I’ll have someone take care of you and the rest of the post-grad interns I handle.” 

 

Then Baekhyun emerged, bringing a clipboard that Dr. Kang had asked him to bring. What the hell...a world where we have the same profession! I don’t believe it! “Good timing, Dr. Byun.” She said. “This is one of the post-grad interns under my wing. The future Dr. Park Rara.” Goddamn, so he’s Chanyeol’s doctor! Where was he, anyway?! “Dr. Park, Dr. Byun Baekhyun will supervise you and your co-interns temporarily. He had just finished his rotation at another hospital, and now he’s in our hands.” AAAHH! Not a goddamn mafia as my consultant! I can only imagine how domineering he could be! “Nice to meet you, Dr. Park.” He held out his hand, and Rara hesitantly shook it. “Pleasure is mine, Dr. Byun.” She said, letting go of his hand. 

“I hope we get along well.” He said with a knowing smile.

“Rara hardly ever gave me a headache.” Dr. Kang said. “You can rely on her.” 

“Yes, I think so too.” His eyes agreed on that statement more than his words. They seemed to twinkle in a way that said, ‘I can trust you with my life because you’ve saved the life of my boss, your brother. He values me, and if I was on the brink of death, I know you’d save me too.’ 

“Well then, I leave you guys to it.” Dr. Kang said. “Play nice, children.” She said as she exited the emergency room.

 

“I’ll answer everything as long as you agree to have coffee with me after our shifts are over.” 

Demanding. Could it really be you, kid? “I can tell that you’re used to blackmailing people.” Rara said with a snicker. 

“No. No, no, no.” He leaned close to her ear and whispered, “Blackmail would be something like ordering you to come and have coffee with me with your back against the wall and only inches apart between the two of us, leaving you no room to escape and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter