All yours

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 81. TREACHEROUS (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift | ♩

 

Her memories are flooding back. 

 

“.” Baekhyun cursed under his breath. He’d like to think that the resurgence of this Rara’s memories was bound to happen but surely, with their own rightful thinking, not with other versions of their souls residing in their bodies. Her irises are still blood-red. Knowing what his blood does to Rara, Baekhyun quickly caught up to Chanyeol; curiously, Rara watched him as he talked to her brother about something. Chanyeol listened but didn’t reply. He turned to look at Rara momentarily then back at Baekhyun. He then nodded and proceeded to walk with Sehun, then Baekhyun raced back to Rara’s side. 

“I told Chanyeol that I needed to get some air, on fours.” Baekhyun told her. He instinctively raised his hand to touch her cheek but then retreated back and gave her head a light pat instead. 

Rara wiped with the back of her arm. “As much as I hate this universe, I have to admit that nothing else comes close to the taste of your blood—phenomenal, as usual.” She flashed him a half-grin, allowing Baekhyun to see a little bit of those familiar fangs that always showed up on blood moons. “Had I not been steering the wheel right now, this version of me would’ve gone into a feeding frenzy. And that was just a drop or two.” 

“If you’re trying to seduce me, it’s working.” He leered, then flicked her forehead. “But I shouldn’t be anywhere near you right now.” 

Rara chuckled lightly. “Never thought I’d see the day you understood the assignment.”

“Hey, I always did.” Baekhyun retorted. “It doesn’t feel right to cheat on homework this time.” 

She smiled at him sincerely and gave his arm a light squeeze. “Thank you, Baekhyun.” 

“Anytime, kid.” He replied gratefully. “I wish you all the ease tonight.” 

Before Baekhyun could turn around, Rara grabbed his arm quickly and said. “I still need you to reconsider.” She demanded it but underneath her authoritative facade, Baekhyun saw through it and knew it was a plea. “About going home.” 

He tilted his head a little to the side and said, “Ah, home…” Crossing his arms, he leaned closer and said, “You do know home for me is wherever you are, right? Are you asking me to come with you to find Hyerin?” He asked flatly but he was half-serious, although he’d really prefer they’d go home together right away.

Rara’s shoulders deflated in frustration, her scarlet-rimmed irises burning a hole into his face. “Baekhyun, please.” 

He smirked and tilted his head a little bit and looked down on her and said, “What an inappropriate way to deliver such a statement, and in public too, Rara.” His joke managed to irk Rara off but in a good way. “Do I have to remind you that not only are we not in the bedroom but also in a universe wherein we’re not supposed to act in such a way?” 

ing idiot. “What-ing-ever, Baekhyun.” She sighed, smiling tiredly. “Anyway, you get the point.” 

“Well, I get the point but I’m on a different page.” He shrugged and turned the other way. “If that’s all, then I’ll catch ya later, kid.” 

And with the distance, Rara was able to cope with her bloodthirst. However, what occupied her mind was how this version of her is going to react once she’s no longer around as a passenger. And on top of that, the current matter on the dock—her disagreement with Baekhyun between leaving the universe together or leaving one without the other. To add more pressure, after the weekend getaway, the next time they’ll see each other again is at the church and the reception, when D.O and Shinae are getting married. 

 

And so finally, at the reception…

 

It was reminiscent of Rara’s college costume party he attended with her years ago. He was fuming not because his mate was in a revealing dress or that he couldn’t change their relationship status before that game of truth or dare but because Rara was acting lovey-dovey with this universe’s Rara’s boyfriend. 

To be fair, if she acted the way she normally would, everyone, including Seunghyun would catch the difference in her actions. But he kept thinking that Rara, his Rara, was inside. However, this wasn’t new to him. They did have that banter about going home and he had a hunch that Rara was trying to aggravate him. She would flash him the slightest hint of smirk whenever she caught him looking at her and Seunghyun all romanced up. And as much as he wanted to appear cool, he would be lying if he said he didn’t feel even a pinch of frustration and envy at the moment. 

He kept staring at the plate of dessert that Kai had brought him. Though his eyes stared down on the cubes of brownies, they were nothing but blurry shapes as he was actually fixated on Seunghyun and Rara who sat perpendicular to him. Rara was leaning on Seunghyun’s shoulder, both of them looking at D.O and Shinae who were slow dancing in the center. Seunghyun would occasionally say something and Rara would always lift her head back up to look at him and answer with an obnoxiously wide and entertained smile partnered with bright, lovestruck, heavily invested eyes. And when she was done talking, she’d lean back on his shoulder. Baekhyun bet their hands were intertwined under the table. 

He then noticed that some of the couples started joining the newlyweds on the dancefloor, even Suho, and Kyung Mi. He looked around, searching for the other guys, and found Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kai at the bar on the far back of the hall, then he turned to look at the couple on the same table as him. 

 

He stood up and walked over to Seunghyun and tapped him on the shoulder. The demigod looked up and smiled at Baekhyun. “Hey, Baekhyun. What’s up?” 

Rara didn’t even look up to see who her boyfriend was talking to; she just sat there, unbothered. “Seunghyun, can I ask a fav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter