This Universe, This Nightmare of a Universe

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 79. REFORGET by Lauv | ♩

 

“Let it rip.”

 

“In our universe, the first time we met, Hyorin erased that memory. But in this one, she didn’t because she wasn’t there to meet the witch that was supposed to lay a curse on Mei.” Rara listened carefully to his words. “Because there was no need to curse Mei because the council did not oppose to the fact that Mei was the one for Haoran.” He said. “That also means that I never had to hire you as my painter because the root cause of us separating never happened, so you answering the correct number of paintings I had you paint in our universe is the total giveaway that you’re my Rara.” He added. “So anyway, that day I ran into you playing tag with your cousins, September 28th, 1911, this world’s Chanyeol and Baekhyun knew this Rara was his mate and that memory never got erased.” Rara nodded. “But even then, this version of me still didn’t tell her right away that she was the one. Like I did in our world, this version of me befriended her, waited for her to warm up then he confessed. And just about the same stuff unfolded, except,” Baekhyun breathed deeply. “Except for the vampire council opposing.” 

“Wow.” Rara said breathlessly. “That seems...very convenient, and comfortable.” 

“I’m with you there.” Baekhyun agreed. “Throughout our relationship, nobody opposed. Not the Aima Lamia, not the Quileute, nothing and no one.” He said. “It was just him and her.” 

“It’s kinda surprising that she has a boyfriend now because the way you talk about it, it sounds like this version of you would never have loosened his grip on her.” 

“Yeah, he would have never let her go but,” Baekhyun sighed. “But then, just like in our world, she got pregnant with the twins.” 

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? “Is that where the elders stepped in?”

“No.” Baekhyun said. “They never cared for partners or mates, just that our kind remained civil to each other.” 

“So then what?”

 

Baekhyun looked at her with hesitance and deep sadness. She could tell that even if they were both from a different universe and this was a completely different reality from where they were originally from, the lone fact that this universe existed made him suffer greatly, even without experiencing it firsthand. 

“This version of me was very used to just having him and her in their own little bubble.” He said. “He didn’t like the idea of having children, even if they were created from their own love.” Oh, God… “Because this version of you showed how much she wanted the twins, he was forced to comply. And while he tried his best to live with it, it still puts a huge strain on the relationship. And it stressed this Rara out so much that she lost both twins.” 

Rara’s hand flew to , looking at Baekhyun in disbelief. She had envisioned living a life with only Baekhyun as her company but after Bomi and Rin were born, she never imagined one without the twins. “It devastated her so much that it drove her to break up with this Baekhyun even though they were basically partners and mates. It was too late when he realized what he was about to lose, and when this Rara made up her mind and decided to go to the council to pay Hyorin a visit, this Baekhyun chased after her and begged her not to erase him from her memory. Was on his knees promising that he’d be more mature, be a better man, and an even better father, if fate wills it again. Anything. Anything, in exchange for keeping his mate.” 

“Seeing that this version of me doesn’t remember anything about their past relationship, I’m guessing she pushe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter