His Episode + Her Epiphany

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 59. CRAVE YOU (feat. Giselle) by Flight Facilities | ♩

 

“How are we feeling today, Duke Baekhyun?”

“I’ll be very frank with you Princess,” Baekhyun crossed his arms and gave her a side-eye. “I feel very uneasy being alone with you.”

“So I’ve been told.” Rara replied with a meek smile.

 

The following morning, Rara had invited Baekhyun out on the hedge maze to talk to him privately. She was able to convince Chanyeol to leave them alone, but he remained at the garden, working on paper works that concerned the vampire council, wanting to make sure that his right-hand man would bring back his sister in her best condition. 

 

“I—!”

 

A sharp pain suddenly made itself known inside Rara; in her world, she was the one who bit, not the one bitten. Someone had come up from behind her and sank its fangs on her neck. It was very brief, and the suspect retreated his mouth and leaped away from them. Shocked and evidently repulsed, Baekhyun caught Rara before she fell, and was able to ignore the alluring scent of her blood that was gushing from the vampire bite.

He quickly carried her bridal style and began speeding out of the maze, probably heading towards Chanyeol. The faster he ran, the faster his concern transitioned to fury. This Baekhyun has one hell of a temper. This is not mine. Rara weakly looked up and saw that his eyes were enraged and coated in red. 

Something clicked inside Rara’s head but before she could tell Baekhyun, he said, “I can’t have you bleeding to death, so what I’m about to do is going to be painful.” He said firmly. No, he’s gonna— “There’s no way to sugarcoat it—this is gonna hurt.” 

He slightly lifted her higher, his hands directly covering the drilled holes on her neck. Rara felt him breathe deeply before the blue flames appeared in his hand. 

 

The sound of Rara screaming in pain fell heavily on Chanyeol all at once and he got up from his seat straight away and before he could enter the bushy labyrinth, Baekhyun had emerged, carrying his sister. 

He handed her over to her. “Someone bit her. It happened so quickly. I closed her wounds with fire because she was bleeding profusely.” Before Chanyeol could reply, Baekhyun stepped back and said, “I caught the face and scent of that person. I’ll find him.”

“Wait, Duke Baekhyun—!”

 

I can’t believe my partner got hurt on my watch. He thought angrily. He’s gonna pay. 

 

Rara was unconscious when she was placed in her brother’s arms. Chanyeol examined the burned part of her skin and swiftly took out his phone to call someone to heal her. Which imbecile could have done this to her? But knowing that Baekhyun had trailed after that suspect, he had solid faith that he'd catch that person.

 

Because Baekhyun was the best assassin in the council and it was no surprise he had caught the suspect in no time. 

It was the new gardener, Yeonjun. 

 

His eyes glowed in red-orange as he held Yeonjun captive, hands around his neck. There was no way Yeonjun could fight back, not right after Baekhyun beat him to pulp and broke both his arms. It was obvious that he would be fried alive the second he defied him. 

“His Majesty has warned you not to lay a finger on his sister, you fool. Which part of that did you not understand?” 

“Oh, I understood that, Duke...or should I say Prince?” Yeonjun said, grinning slyly. “She’s your d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter