Typical Bat and Dog

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 80. ENEMY by GLADES | ♩

 

(Back at the mansion’s indoor pool)

“You got all that, Park-kun?” Haoran said. “If that is all, then I should get going.” He said. “And oh, good luck with finding Baekhyun. And Hyerin.” 

“Thank you, Haoran. It means a lot.” Rara said, and she waited for Haoran to hang up. But as soon as Haoran’s caller ID faded from the background of her phone, Ahyoung, her grandmother’s name flashed across the screen. 

 

She pressed the answer button and greeted her. “Gran? What’s up?”

“Rara, darling, I won’t beat around the bush so I need to inform you two things: first, I know that your husband is not completely him. It’s his Miroir.” Okay. Mom and Dad have been informed about that so she could’ve seen it in her visions. She thought. “And...and second, I think you might be pregnant. If not now, then maybe in the near future.”

Her grandmother’s sudden claims caused her to feel like her soul was fleeting from her body. “Come again, Gran?” 

“I had a vision of a person rushing to the bathroom and trying out a pregnancy test; as she held it in her hands, the result was positive. That person was wearing a lab gown, and it had a patch the same as the hospital you work in and with your full name embroidered in it.” She explained. “I also had a vision that you’re about to leap inside the mirror to find Baekhyun. I think you should reconsider because your physical body will remain in the astral plane while your astral body or your soul will serve as a passenger in different versions of you. The astral plane is no place for a baby. Before it further develops its own physical body, you have to get out of the mirror.” Man, there goes my perfectly structured plan, Rara thought. As she sighed, her grandmother continued to speak, “And you may wonder if it’s possible for a Miroir to impregnate you, the answer is yes. It is. It was still Baekhyun’s body, just a little bit altered on the outside because some parts of his soul are not present. It’s still his legitimate child.” 

I know Baekhyun’s not going to make a big fuss about me bearing a child while his alter ego took over...I’m a lot more concerned about my mission to retrieve Baekhyun and Hyerin. She thought. If there’s a baby, then I need him whole now more than ever. 

 

“I...I will see to it that neither the baby nor I will be harmed, Gran.” 

“Please do.” 

 

“You know you only have a few more hours with me and you still have the audacity to leave me alone in bed?”

Great timing, Baekhyun. She thought sarcastically as she said goodbye to her grandmother in hushed tones. “I’d rather not wake you with discussions involving your departure.” 

 

(Back inside the mirror)

“I think Gran saw a different future from what we’ve been told otherwise she wouldn’t have spoiled us about it. Her telling the both of us about it was probably part of our timeline.” Rara declared. “I think you and I arguing about it right now is part of it.” 

“You do know that I’m not gonna take no for an answer right?” Baekhyun pressed. He was growing agitated by the second, anticipating a heated argument with Rara. He once got her in a bad mood after he didn’t promise eternal love for the twins in the event that giving birth to them will result in her death and now she’s willing to risk their unborn child, or children, for all he knew because she promised Chanyeol to also bring back Hyerin.

“Unlike my route to this world, I know exactly where Hyerin is.” Rara said. “It’s just one more universe, Baekhyun. I won’t stay long. I just need to talk to—”

“No.” Baekhyun grinned at her in amusement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter