Yellow Light

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 74. ENCHANTED by Taylor Swift | ♩

 

“Now, you guys are one of the entertainment industry’s favorite pair of siblings.” Geunseok said cheerfully. “And speaking of pairings, can I ask the younger Park, Miss Rara—in the event that you find out that your brother is in a relationship, how would you react?”

“Ah, the relationship questions,” Rara laughed heartily. “You really wanna make it to the front pages of the articles, huh, Geunseok?” Geunseok laughed at Rara’s blunt character. “Well, Rara?”

“Frankly, I don’t care who Chanyeol dates so long as, if given the chance to meet this person, I know that the person loves him. That I can see with my own two eyes that they love each other without a specter of doubt. And above all, that they chose each other whole-heartedly.” Rara looked at Chanyeol who was already looking at her. “It’s hard to find love when there are people who would kill to be with him, that are possessive. Not everyone can endure that. So I don’t want my brother to settle for someone else just because it’s convenient to the public. I want him to choose for himself, I want him to decide what makes him happy.” Chanyeol smiled at her with appreciation and sincerity. “I’ve always had Chanyeol’s back, but it would be nice to see someone hold his hand and squeeze it to remind him that there’s also someone beside him, even though not blood-related, who can become his pillar of strength.” 

“I think that might be the nicest thing you’ve said to me since we were kids.” Chanyeol joked.

“At least I’ve said one just now, as opposed to you who has never said a nice thing to me!” Rara bantered with a smile.

Geunseok chuckled. “Ah, are you really siblings if you don’t argue like cat and dog, eh?” He said. “What about you, Chanyeol? Your sister seems to be thriving well in the modeling world. Any violent reactions when it comes to suitors?”

“Rara and I don’t share the same beliefs,” Chanyeol looked at the camera and pointed his index finger, “So if anyone here attempts to woo my little sister, y’all have two choices, either you back all the way off or you go through me. Either way, it probably won’t end well.” 

Rara cackled at Chanyeol’s warning. “Let me just add that I can’t envision myself being in a relationship. Just the thought of it is very tiring to me. And that’s just in my head—how much more when it’s in reality.” She pointed out. “I think, to me, it would be as if I was buried alive.” 

“That’s quite a statement there, Rara.” Geunseok raised an eyebrow at her, a knowing smile slowly creeping on his face. “Considering I went with you to SHINee’s concert the other day and my, I could’ve sworn you would’ve married Minho-ssi right there and there when they sang Marry You.” 

“Geunseok! I can’t believe you’re selling me out!” Rara exclaimed with laughter. 

“Chanyeol, what can you say about the whole ordeal? Your sister hasn’t even been in EXO-L’s ocean, only ever arriving to watch you from backstage.” 

“Sister? I have a sister?” Chanyeol blinked curiously. “Who are you talking about?”

Rara snickered, and lightly slapped Chanyeol on the temple. “Listen here, Yeol. I support you and your group, and you know it. But your tour dates seem to be on days when I’m booked for photoshoots or swamped with research!” Chanyeol rolled his eyes at what appeared to be a lame excuse to him. “It’s not my fault if the odds aren’t in my favor! But I promise, if the stars align, I’ll be in the front row.”

“I believe the only star you recognize is SHINee’s shating star, Rara.” Geunseok joked, making Rara glare a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter