‘Tis the season

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 29. WIT IT THIS CHRISTMAS by Ariana Grande | ♩ 

 

Shinae was strolling around the clothing section, looking for leather jackets—she was looking for a Christmas present for Rara. While she was scanning the jackets on one rack, sliding the hangers one after another, her necklace got caught with one of the zippers of the jackets.

“Ugh, what the hell!” She hissed as she struggled to untangle her necklace from the jacket. “I’m gonna choke to death with th—”

“Here, let me help you.” Shinae looked at the shadow that loomed over her and found Rara’s older brother trying to separate her necklace from the leather jacket’s zipper.

“Hey, um, thanks, Chanyeol.” Shinae said awkwardly, as Chanyeol moved closer to her, trying to see if he was doing the right job in undoing this mishap that has befallen Shinae.

“Picking up a present for Rara?” He asked with a smile, noticing that she was in the leather jacket section. Shinae said yes and continued to engage with a conversation with Chanyeol, even after he successfully detached the necklace from the zipper of the leather jacket. 

 

Meanwhile, the Other Baekhyun and Rara had found the twins, who also did their own Christmas shopping. Bomi went with the Other Baekhyun who decided to settle at Starbucks which was just in front of the department store, while Rin and Rara went to the clothing section, looking for boleros, scarves, or any warm wear that Rin wanted to give his great grandmother, Ahyoung. 

While scouring for scarves, Rin spotted his uncle and godmother in his peripheral vision. He continued to observe them, as his Uncle Chanyeol laughed at whatever Shinae was saying.

“Rin, what do you think…” Rara noticed that Rin wasn’t paying attention and turned to peek at what he was looking at, and was mildly surprised by seeing the pair of Chanyeol and Shinae, once again, after bumping into the both of them at the convenience store. 

“Is that Yeol? And Shinae?” Rara mumbled under her breath.

Rin then looked at her mom and continued to search for the perfect scarf. “You know, Mum, I forgot to mention this but when Bomi and I went to the cabin, Shinae noona was there, too.” He shared. “But she was about to leave when we arrived, though.” Shinae was there? For what? “So we didn’t really get a chance to talk.” 

“Really?” Rara asked curiously. “Wasn’t that on a Wednesday, though?”

“Yeah. It’s weird seeing her there on a weekday, huh, Mum?” 

“Yes. Yes, it is.” 

 

Bomi ordered a slice of Oreo cheesecake and a tall-sized Iced Caramel Macchiato, while her dad just ordered an Americano. She was just looking around while her dad continued to look at the opening through the department store, watching her twin brother and their mother rummage through scarves.

“Hey, Bomi, Baekhyun.” 

Both Bomi and the Other Baekhyun whipped their heads in the direction of the voice and they found themselves looking at Hyerin. 

“Unnie! How’s it going?” Bomi greeted.

Hyerin was driving a cart full of books. “I’m good. I went to the bookstore, and got myself a new stack.” She said, pointing her thumb at the bookstore that was just beside Starbucks. “Are you guys also doing your Christmas shopping?”

“Yes, we were.” The Other Baekhyun replied. “Rin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter