Surprise Bite

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 25. EYES ON FIRE by Blue Foundation | ♩ 

 

Before heading down to the conference hall for the meeting with the Japanese-based vampires...

“Luhan.” Lay looked at Luhan with sheer uncertainty. “Are you sure about this?”

“Not completely, actually.” Luhan looked at him sharply. He pointed to the box that Lay was holding. “But you have it, right?”

“Yeah, I do.” Lay replied. He was a little bit anxious about what Luhan was planning to do with the information that he had just gathered. Though Luhan was of the Veteris chapter and he was just from the Ieuvenis, he couldn’t help but question his judgment. “Shouldn’t we consult with Haoran first? If the Japanese vampires see the box...”

“Haoran already has his hands full.” Luhan pressed. “Just don’t put it out in the open.”

Lay sighed, staring at the box. “Then let’s give this a shot.”


 

After strolling in the streets of Tokyo, tasting food here and there, Rara and the Other Baekhyun decided to go back to Hilton Tokyo, where they were staying. Rara’s evening was not without their usual bickering, but it was much more pleasant than the ones they had back home. Maybe it was because they were in another city, or maybe it was because it was their last day in Tokyo and the Other Baekhyun thought they ought to enjoy it. 

They were walking towards the entrance; the grounds of Hilton Tokyo were surrounded by trees and shrubs as if it had a forest for barriers between that enormous pearl white building and the busy streets, which wasn’t so busy anymore because it was a little bit late in the evening. As opposed to the humming noise made by the restless and hectic schedules of people in the morning up until early evening that went away once the night started to settle, the chill in the air never went away because it was still very much winter season. And because the cold never disappeared, Rara kept holding the Other Baekhyun’s hand all the way through. 

Out of the blue, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, and she fished it out of her pocket to check who it was, and it was one of her clerks, Jaemin. “Who is it?” The Other Baekhyun inquired. Rara strictly told them to only call her if it was an emergency, so this must be one. She answered it and unconsciously let go of the Other Baekhyun’s hand because she couldn’t quite hear what he was saying. ‘Just a second’, she mouthed at the Other Baekhyun and walked a few steps forward, trying to decipher what Jaemin was saying.

What she was hearing wasn’t inaudible, but she could hear the familiar discord of the hospital. Then suddenly the other line went silent. While Rara was attempting to call him again, she received a text message from Jaemin apologizing that he had fallen asleep on his phone and had accidentally called her. Instead of lashing out, Rara just reminded him to stay alert because he was on duty, whether or not there was a task given to him. She pressed the send button and dropped her phone back in her pocket because she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter