Christmas Present(s)

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 35. MONTERO (CALL ME BY YOUR NAME) by Lil Nas X | ♩

 

 

December 25, Christmas morning.

 

Rara stirred as she felt something soft brush against her back, and when she attempted to shift her position, she felt a hand in her shoulder stopping her from moving.

“Not yet.” The Other Baekhyun said from behind. 

Blinking furiously, she groaned. “What’re you doing, Baekhyun?”

“Don’t move or you’ll get paint in the sheets.”

“Get what?!” Paint?!  Rara thought in disbelief. She remained still and felt the Other Baekhyun blowing her skin. 

After a few minutes, he said, “Okay. I’m done.” 

“What were you doing, anyway…” Rara mumbled under her breath as she slowly sat up, the Other Baekhyun doing the same. His eyes lingered on her, observing a slightly disoriented Rara rubbing her eyes. Only Baekhyun got to see her like this—vulnerable, fragile...unprofessional, without her credentials. So when Rara stretched her arms, he pulled her on top of him and kissed her tenderly, unable to resist her. “I know we’re supposed to unwrap presents with the rest of the family but mine was just so enticing and soaked in pretty tears last night so I just had to unwrap her.” He whispered against our mouth. “Merry Christmas, babe.” 

Rara chuckled, pulling away, thinking it was hilarious that it’d be one of the first things she’d be told the morning after how steamingly eventful the night before was. “Merry Christmas to you too.” She replied. “You leave me no choice but to re-wrap myself, Baekhyun.”

The Other Baekhyun laughed lightly and rose up with her. “Don’t re-wrap yourself just yet.” Sitting up, he took her face and urged her to look back, and when she did, she found herself facing the vanity mirror and when her eyes caught sight of what was on her back, her jaw dropped in shock and awe. The Other Baekhyun had recreated Van Gogh’s A Starry Night Over the Rhone on her back. 

“Oh my God.” Rara whispered, astonished by his skill. It still hadn’t registered in Rara's mind that he almost had the same caliber of skill that she had when it came to art. He did stab me in the back. Softly. With a paintbrush. Easily. Because my back was exposed, she thought fondly. Then she caught sight of the empty bottles of Winsor and Newton professional watercolor on their bedside table, then she looked back at him. “You did not just purge the last of my watercolor.” He smiled at her sheepishly but she just hung her head low and laughed. “It’s fine. You did a wonderful job.” Her hand flew to the back of his head, scratching it delicately, before pulling his hair a bit forcefully. “But you should’ve thought twice before painting it on my back instead of a canvas, buddy.” She said through gritted teeth. “It’s gonna break my heart washing all this expensive paint off along with all your effort going down the sewers!”

The Other Baekhyun winced but his smile didn’t waver. “Well, the damage has been done.” 

“I wouldn’t call it damage, though.” Rara sighed, looking at the mirror then back at the Other Baekhyun. The painting was too pretty to be deemed a casualty.

“Anyway, we should get ready and head to your parents’ house ASAP.” He said. “Chanyeol left me tons of messages; you probably have twice the number that I have.” 

Oh, . I completely forgot about Chanyeol. Rara puffed her cheeks and fell back on the bed sideways, cautious not to stain the sheets with paint in case all of it hadn't dried yet. A wave of exhaustion washed over her; a common feeling brought about by spending a night with Baekhyun. I’m still so tired from last night. Physically and mentally. 

The Other Baekhyun watched her with an amused grin and crawled on top of her. “You can’t move, can you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter