The Telepath

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 22. LIMBO by GLADES | ♩ 

 

“Oh, you’re headed to the cabin? Why?”

“Got a bit hungry and I missed D.O hyung’s cooking so we thought we’d pay a visit.”

“We? Who’s with you?” 

“Uh, Bomi?”

 

Rara was currently surrounded by silence at the Shibuya Publishing & Booksellers. Meanwhile, Rin on the other line was accompanied by the wind, since he said he was cycling along with his sister. 

 

“Well, don’t be long. It’s a school night.” 

“Yes, Mum.” Rin removed one earphone from his ear and said, “We just got here. Gotta go. Love you.” 

“Okay, I love you. Tell your sister I love her too and take care.” Rara said. “See you when I—your dad and I get back.” 

 

Bomi and Rin rode through the south road, so their finish line is in the rear of the cabin or the backyard. As they lowered the stands of their bikes, Bomi walked to the side and noticed a vehicle parked in the front. “Hey, isn’t that Shinae unnie’s car?” The twins stared at the white Porsche at the front porch, and as if on cue, Shinae emerged out of the cabin and went straight to her car, backed it away, and started to drive. 

“Is it the weekend today?” Bomi asked, feeling funny.

“Nope. Mum reminded me on the phone to not stay long because it’s a school night.” Rin said, shutting down her joke. “Having said it isn’t Saturday or Sunday…”

“...why is Shinae unnie here?” Bomi finished for Rin. “I mean…”

“...noona’s only here if Mum or Kyung Mi noona were here.” Rin returned the favor of putting periods on each other’s sentences. “Unless…”

“...Kyung Mi noona is here, too.” Bomi said. “Or…”

“She’s visiting one of the werewolves.” They exchanged glances. “Which is kind of unusual—”

“—because as far as Mum knows, Shinae unnie has a handful of tasks and research to do.” 

 

While their godmother’s visit piqued their interest, Bomi and Rin started to walk towards the front of the cabin and to their surprise, they found themselves staring at another familiar car. 

“Uncle Chanyeol’s Chevrolet.” They both chorused. As curious as they were, they didn’t forget the reason why they dropped by so they made their way towards the front door and knocked.

“Well, if it isn’t the younger versions of Baekhyun and Rara.” Suho greeted with a smile. 

“Better versions, you mean.” Bomi said smugly. 

“Stronger, too.” Rin added, matching Bomi’s presumptuous energy.

“I don’t know about that. Your mom and dad are quite the duo.” Suho said questionably, but still not losing his gentle grin. “Anyway, to what do we owe this pleasure? On a school night?”

“We’re starving.” Bomi said.

“Can we have dinner with you, guys?” Rin asked.

“Sure.” Suho said as he stepped away from the door and gave them permission to walk in. “Why not fill in for your parents’ absences? And besides, your Uncle Chanyeol’s here.” 

 

“Why didn’t you guys tell me you wanted to drop by?” Chanyeol apprehended the twins, feeling a little bit unsettled. There were only three of the werewolves present—the alpha wolf, their mother’s sole brother, and D.O, who was in the kitchen, wrapping up their dinner. The youngest werewolves of the pack, Kai and Sehun, were working overtime. “You could’ve just ridden with me instead of riding your bike all the way here.” 

“It was kind of unplanned.” Rin said.

“Where were you guys before you went here, anyway?” Suho asked.

“Um, at school.” Bomi lied. 

“You pedaled all the way here, from your school?” Disbelief plagued their uncle’s voice. “That’s a really long way!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter