Was labeled killer, will be labeled savior

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 10. DRIVE by Oh Wonder | ♩ 

 

Rara stared off into space while she was sitting alone at the deserted cafeteria of the hospital. She was waiting for Aejung and Vee to arrive; Vee went to the bathroom while Aejung volunteered to buy them snacks from McDonald’s across the street.

 

Sighing, she looked at the time—it was 2:04 am in the morning. Rara thought about her performance today, and how she was feeling a bit out of the weather because she still needed to whip something up to switch shifts. Damn spawn of Satan. Frustration started to spread all over her body like a virus as she thought about what it was like to not only be wrapped around the Other Baekhyun’s finger but to willingly surrender herself to him because it was easier to just be done with it rather than fighting it. Baekhyun’s got a real, delirious demon inside him. Before she could keep on dawdling over her resentment towards the Other Baekhyun, she reminded herself that every single entity on earth probably has another side to them. It just so happens that Baekhyun’s other self has been isolated from him and became a separate person. And it also happens that she has to be the one to deal with it, otherwise, she’d never get him back altogether. 

 

The sound of a paper bag hitting the table shattered Rara’s deep thoughts; she looked up and Aejung stared down at her, hands in her hips. “I bought your favorites—crispy chicken sandwich, McSpaghetti, and McFlurry.” She said with a smile. Aejung yawned as she sat down and took out the contents of the paper bag. “Also, coffee.” She pushed one cup towards Rara. “So you’re prolly gonna miss us next week, Doc Byun.” 

 

Rara stopped halfway through opening the crispy chicken sandwich. “Miss you guys? Why?” She asked in confusion. “Are you going to work for another hospital?”

“No, silly!” Aejung chuckled. “Didn’t you receive Vee’s message? Dr. Jung transferred you to the morning shift.” She said, opening the box of McSpaghetti. Dr. Jung was the head doctor. He was in charge of the schedules of the doctors. He witnessed the remarkable teamwork that Rara, Aejung, and Vee possessed as a trio; that’s why they were always grouped together. To separate them so suddenly was questionable. “Just you.” She pointed out. “We’re all still assigned to the pediatric ward, but you’ll be in the morning shift.” 

Did the Other Baekhyun…? “But why so sudd—”

“Did you get hashbrowns, Aejung?” Vee asked, jogging towards their table. 

“Breakfast meals don’t get served until 4 am, Vee.” 

“Bummer.” Vee sat down next to Aejung, then looked at Rara. “Did you get my message, Ra?” She asked. “You’ve been transferred to the morning shift.” 

“Yeah, Aejung told me.” 

“Saw the new list at the HR. I didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter