Jamais Vu

Where to now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 77. SPELL by NIKI | ♩

 

The weekend getaway was to be spent at a private resort owned by Suho. He had the whole venue booked for them exclusively, and reserved one cottage for the pack, the other for the girls. 

Since it was Friday and everyone was beat as they traveled right after finishing work, everyone agreed to begin the festivities on the next day. As soon as they were all done unpacking, everyone went out cold. 

Despite being a vampire, Rara was accustomed to her morning shift schedule, so she didn’t drift off her consciousness any longer and got up. However, when she got up, only Kyung Mi was in bed. Shinae was already gone.

 

Must be with D.O.

Must be with D.O. 

 

Rara opened her luggage and took out one whole pack of Oreos. I still love the same snacks in this universe but how come I’m not committed to the same partner as the one I have in my world? She wore her sandals; still in her pajamas, she headed to the main cottage, where the entertainment and dining took place. The kitchen was also located there, which was where she was headed. As she opened the double doors, she noticed it was deserted. Not surprising because much of the wolf pack are sleepyheads anyway. She thought. Walking straight to the kitchen, she stopped by the kitchen cabinets and looked for a glass jar, where she could store her Oreos for the weekend. She stepped back a little to get a better view and saw one that was not too big and not too small. It was too high for her to reach, so she grabbed a nearby wooden stool and put one foot on it before somebody put a hand on her shoulder. 

“Let me get it for you.” Baekhyun offered. He just woke up too, a little bit dazed, with his hair disheveled and his pajamas wrinkled. 

You’re always there. You’ve always been there. Why did you allow this version of me to fall for somebody else? 

Baekhyun held out the jar Rara was looking at, and was a bit surprised that he knew the one she wanted without her telling him which one it was. 

Of course, he knows. Were it not for him permitting the entrance of another man in your life, only Baekhyun would know you this way; he’s the one who puts the Oreos in the jar for me, and I’m sure he did it for this version of me, too. 

“Thank you, Baek.” Rara smiled eagerly.

He flashed her a small smile and rubbed his eyes. “I’ll leave you to it then.” 

 

No, you won’t. Not when I’m behind the wheel.

“Baekhyun, wait.” Okay, that sounded a little desperate. Baekhyun turned around a little and looked at her with curiosity. Attempting to smile in a pleasant way, Rara only managed to grin awkwardly. “Fancy helping me put the Oreos in the jar?” 

Baekhyun looked at her momentarily. Rara remembered that she had secondhand telepathy from Luhan, but when she tried to invade his mind, she realized she wasn’t the same telepath in this world. Damn, wish I could read his mind. 

But I don’t need to.

That look he gave me was downright sad. 

“Um, I can’t. Sorry.” Liar. “I have to help Suho hyung wake up the others.” Liar. “I came here to um, get a glass of water.” You didn’t even get a glass of water, let alone a glass from the cupboard or a pitcher from the fridge, stupid. 

“Oh...okay, then.” Rara said. “Well, good luck with Kai and Sehun.” 

Baekhyun chuckled lightly. “Yeah.” 

 

When he came out, D.O appeared and said, “Baekhyun, you’re awake. Rara, too.” He said. “I watched the sunrise with Shinae.” 

“That’s kinda romantic.” Rara said. “I love sunrises. New beginnings.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter