Chapter 28

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sweaty palms, racing heartbeat and eyes rapidly looking side to side. Her leg is also shaking, trying to ease up the nervousness she’s feeling.

 

“If I don’t know you, I’ll probably think you’re an addict on a withdrawal stage, unnie”

 

“Not helping, Yerim-ah” Seungwan shakes her head wiping her sweaty palms on her uniform before settling to biting her nails.

 

Yerim had been very helpful since the start but right now she doesn’t need the youngest’s snide remarks, not when she’s so close to losing her mind.

 

“What is she on and why is she like that?” Yerim decided to ask the person calmly eating her lunch beside Seungwan.

 

“She still doesn’t know how to ask Sooyoung to be her date for the prom” Seulgi answers as she moves the vegetables to the other side of her plate, the side closer to Seungwan.

 

Yerim arch her brows at withdrawal stage Seungwan. “Seriously unnie, just ask her. She’s your girlfriend, of course she’ll go with you”

 

Seungwan stops biting her nails but the leg shaking didn’t stop. “But still, I want to ask her properly”

 

“Please tell me you’re not planning a romantic way of asking her, like the ones on those cliché movies?” Seulgi squints her eyes at her best friend.

 

Yerim exaggeratingly gasped when Seungwan sheepishly looks down. “Oh my god! No!”

 

“What?” Seungwan pouts. “Can I not do something romantic for my girlfriend??”

 

“You can” Seulgi smiles, forced. “But those kinds of things needs to be just between the two of you, and not for the whole school to see”

 

“I agree” Yerim nods. “Just ask her, unnie. And don’t take too long or she might be the one to ask you. I know you don’t want that”

 

Seungwan’s expression hardened.

 

If Sooyoung will be the one to ask her, it will give Seulgi and Yerim plenty of reason to for being the bottom again. She doesn’t mind the teasing but she does want to give Sooyoung that cliché cringe-worthy romantic asking out. Sooyoung likes those kinds of gestures, their countless sappy romantic movie marathons are enough proof. Her girlfriend gets giddy every time the lead actor will do some romantic grand gestures for the lead actress. And Seungwan wants nothing more than to give that to her girlfriend, even if its out of her element.

 

“How about you, unnie?” Yerim turns to Seulgi who is almost done with her lunch, except for those pesky green monsters.

 

Seulgi beams. “I got it covered” she already prepared everything and is just waiting for classes to be over to do her plan.

 

Yerim smiles wickedly. “Will you tell Yerimie your plan?”

 

Seulgi flash her own mischievous smile. “Of course, I won’t”

 

Seungwan is still in her own deep thoughts and the two left her be. They just tease each other with Yerim close to begging Seulgi to spill her plan to ask out Joohyun and the older not opening , not even a small detail.

 

“Hey guys”

 

Seungwan let out a girlish yelp when she heard her girlfriend’s voice, and within seconds she’s up on her feet gathering her things. Seulgi and Yerim were looking at her incredulously while Sooyoung was worried. “I forgot Taeyeon-unnie told me to meet up”

 

“Wha–” Sooyoung wasn’t able to finish her question because Seungwan had walked pass her, not even sparing her a glance. She pouts then dejectedly sat on Seungwan’s previous seat. She was excited to have lunch with her girlfriend, outside the student council room for once, but that thought went down the drain. “What–”

 

Sooyoung’s words were cut off again when Seungwan went back to give her a chaste kiss that took her breath away. She was about to depend the kiss but Seungwan is already pulling away.

 

“I love you. I’ll see you later” Seungwan pecks Sooyoung’s forehead before leaving again.

 

They saw Taeyeon entering the cafeteria but was immediately pulled out by Seungwan.

 

“What’s wrong with Seungwan?” Sooyoung asks the two.

 

“Don’t worry about her. She’s just on her withdrawal stage”

 

“With– what?” Sooyoung furrows her brows.

 

Seulgi shakes her head. “Don’t mind, Yerim. Seungwan is just stressed out about the competition plus the Prom is coming. There’s a lot on her mind”

 

“Oh” Sooyoung frowns. Seungwan didn’t tell her about being stressed, was she too busy with student council to notice that her girlfriend’s stress?

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“Mind telling me why you bulldozed me out of the cafeteria?”

 

Seungwan sheepishly rubs her nape. She needs to stay away from Sooyoung, just until she figures out how to properly ask her girlfriend to be her date for Prom. She can’t and will not allow Sooyoung to ask her out. “I’m sorry ssaem”

 

Taeyeon chuckles. “Having trouble asking Sooyoung to be your date?”

 

Seungwan nods. “I can’t plan the perfect first date, I can’t plan the perfect first night so how am I going to plan the best asking out?”

 

“Why are you so obsessed with planning the perfect whatever? Don’t you know that the perfect setup is usually the unplanned? Have you ever heard of the term ‘just wing it’?”

 

Seungwan remembered their first night. The setup that night was something she did just to vent out her jealousy but it did turn to a night she will never forget. And that was unplanned. “I just want to give her the best effort I can offer”

 

“You know, Seungwan, the thing about woman is that they appreciate even the smallest effort their partners do for them. Grand gestures are okay but so are simple gestures” Taeyeon smiles. “And I think Sooyoung is a woman who appreciate even the littlest things”

 

Seungwan smiles, because Sooyoung surely is.

 

“Besides, genuine gestures are still better than forced, don’t you think?” Taeyeon smiles.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter