Chapter 9

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

because Red Velvet is back ❤️

 

 

 

“Hi Sooyoung!”

 

“Sooyoung good morning!”

 

“Sooyoung you look extra pretty today”

 

Sooyoung smiles and nods at everyone greeting her as she walk along the hallways.

 

The play went well, better than anyone expected. Seungwan was particularly dapper and charismatic, her persona remains consistent all throughout the play. She and Seulgi showcased their chemistry, proving to everyone why they’re soul mates.

 

But it was Sooyoung who stole the show. Her exceptional acting made everyone yearning for more –more of her. She’s Juliet, the school will forever know her as their Juliet because she earned it. And so, that night ended with Sooyoung garnering more suitors/fans which skyrocketed her to the top spot of the most popular alongside her cousin.

 

It’s funny how a month ago she’s the newcomer and now she’s the talk of the school because of how well she portrayed Juliet, but Sooyoung has a secret…

 

Everything that she showed last night wasn’t acting, it was pure raw emotions and it’s all thanks to this person she’s looking at right now.

 

“Wannie!”

 

Seungwan averted her eyes from Seulgi, beaming, her eyes smiling along with her lips. She waves at Sooyoung. “Sooyoung-ah”

 

Sooyoung beams back, approaching Seungwan and the rest with bouncing steps.

 

Everyone said her acting last night was perfect, that everyone including Tiffany kept praising her. What they didn’t know is that it was all thanks to her Romeo. Seungwan’s cheesy lines, even if scripted, always makes her blush. She was able to bring out genuine emotions from Sooyung; the happiness, the sadness, the love? It was all pure and sincere, it wasn’t acting. Sooyoung wasn’t acting.

 

“I see you gained some fan boys” Joohyun teased as soon as Sooyoung neared them.

 

“And girls” Yerim added.

 

“Are they my fans? I thought they were just being nice and greeting me” Sooyoung shrugs.

 

“Don’t mind them Sooyoung-ah, they just wanted to make Seungwan jealous” Seulgi drapes her arm around Seungwan’s shoulders.

 

“Ey! Don’t be such a no jam Seulgi-unnie” Yerim whines, playfully hitting Seulgi in the shoulder.

 

Sooyoung’s eyes darted to Seungwan who is leaning on the lockers, arms cross in front of her chest just watching them with a smile on her lips. Seulgi’s arm is no longer on her shoulders. Their eyes meet. “Are you?”

 

Everyone stilled. All eyes were on Seungwan, waiting for her answer.

 

“Why would I?” Seungwan shrugs. “They all know that you’re mine”

 

Everyone were stunned, still digesting Seungwan’s words but Sooyoung is already blushing and her ears aret turning red.

 

Seungwan has a smug look on her face, even Yerim was speechless it was hilarious. She coolly push herself off of the lockers, walking off before letting out an awkward laugh. She heard shuffling of feet before Yerim pulls her in a headlock and her hair being messed by Seulgi.

 

“Wow unnie, we didn’t know you had it in you” Yerim still had Seungwan in a headlock as they walk down the halls to their respective room.

 

Joohyun and Sooyung follows behind, watching with smile as the two hovers over Seungwan and gushing over her new found confidence.

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

Seungwan stares at the clear blue sky.

 

Since it’s the foundation celebration of the school, students doesn’t have formal classes. They are just asked to join activities. Seulgi, being the athletic girl that she is, participated in physical activities like the school’s version of amazing race.

 

Seungwan, since she’s not the sporty type, very much like to just laze around under a tree and read a book. That’s what she’s doing right now but she’s not under a tree, she’s sitting on a branch. Doing the Romeo and Juliet made her confident in her climbing skills.

 

Seungwan laughs, so this is what it feels like to be tall. From her position she can see the different booths setup near the school’s building where Joohyun and Yerim are playing. Yup, the youngest and the oldest are bonding over games which Seungwan thinks is perfect; Joohyun is competitive and Yerim likes free gifts, perfect combination.

 

The amount of plushies in Yerim’s arms proved Joohyun’s game goddess title.

 

On the other side, Seungwan can see the field where Seulgi and Sooyoung are playing. Sooyung is surprisingly athletic that she ended up teaming with Seulgi.

 

Seungwan couldn’t ask for a better teammate for Sooyung –not that she’s worried about Sooyoung teaming up with some random boy, especially those fan-boys of hers –no she’s still not jealous, she’s territorial. But how can she be territorial when Sooyoung is not even hers to begin with? But didn’t they shared a silent affirmation that they are each other’s? Is this a label-less relationship?

 

“So tell me, are you a squirrel or a hamster?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter