Chapter 18

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Appa!” Sooyoung immediately runs to her father as soon as she gets out of the cab.

 

Seungwan smiles then proceeds to take their bags from the compartment. Sooyoung misses her family, Seungwan understands this. She does the same thing whenever she sees her parents again after too long. “Thank you” she passes some bills to the driver when their bags are already on her shoulders.

 

“You must be Seungwan”

 

Seungwan immediately stiffens. Sooyoung and her father are already in front of her with Sooyoung clinging unto his arm. “Ye-yes, sir. I’m Son Seungwan” she swallowed the lump on then bowed repeatedly to the man.

 

It may be all in her head but Seungwan swore Sooyoung’s father is glaring at her.

 

“Honey please stop glaring at Seungwan. You’re making her uncomfortable” Sooyoung’s mom, all tall and beautiful approach them. She smiles warmly at Seungwan. “Hello dear”

 

Guess it wasn’t all in her head after all. “H-Hi ma’am” Now, Seungwan is bowing repeatedly to Sooyoung’s mom.

 

“Umma” Sooyoung left her father’s side to give her mother a kiss on her cheeks.

 

“I was just messing with my daughter-in-law” he smiles.

 

Da-daughter-in-law?

 

Sooyoung’s father hooks his muscular arm around Seungwan’s shoulders. The heaviness of his arm made Seungwan shrink an inch. “Seungwan, please tell me you can hold your liquor”

 

Seungwan smiles awkwardly. “I can” No, not really, Seungwan hasn’t tried drinking because she’s still underage but she can try if Sooyoung’s father wants to drink with her. She just hopes she doesn’t get drunk after two sips.

 

“Oh shush you!” Sooyoung’s mother reprimanded. “You know very well that they are still underage”

 

He shrugs. “Didn’t stop me” he smiles at Seungwan who returns the smile, rather awkwardly.

 

Seungwan will do anything just to please her father-in-law. Woaw, was that too straightforward? Well, he did call her daughter-in-law.

 

Sooyoung’s mother rolls her eyes before pulling Seungwan to her other side, since the other is occupied by Sooyoung. “Don’t mind him. I made dinner, I’m sure the both of your are starving”

 

Seungwan wonders, what is it with mothers telling their daughter not to mind their fathers? Was that a mother/wife thing? And what is it with mothers and cooking? Because as far as Seungwan remembers her mom, Seulgi’s mom and now Sooyoung’s mom cooks deliciously, like is cooking their specialty? Are all mothers secretly world renowned chefs?

 

Seungwan can’t stop eating because the food is exceptionally delicious, already on par with Seulgi’s mom and her mom. She will welcome fats with arms wide open if she gets to eat delicious food like this. But eventually she needs to stop eating because Sooyoung’s father had pulled her to the living room to watch a baseball game.

 

Honestly, Seungwan never understood baseball. She prefers basketball or soccer but if her father-in-law likes baseball then she’ll surely learn about baseball.

 

An hour and five cans of beer later, Sooyoung’s father is passed out on the couch while Seungwan is pouting and brows furrowed as she stares intently at the television. She’s still trying her hardest to learn about baseball even amidst her drunken stupor.

 

“Wannie”

 

“Hm?” Seungwan turns to Sooyoung, her sight blurry. She smiles, her cheeks puffing out. “Sooyoung-ah” she slurs.

 

Sooyoung beams, her hand caressing Seungwan’s chubby cheeks. “Are you drunk?”

 

Seungwan nods like a kid. “A little but I’m alright”

 

“Come on let’s get you to bed”

 

Upon hearing the word ‘bed’, Sooyoung’s father shot up from his seat. “Oh! Uh-uh! You two aren’t sharing the bed!” he hooks his arm on Seungwan’s free arm, tugging the poor girl towards him.

 

“Appa why are you being like this?” Sooyoung whines as she tugs Seungwan towards her.

 

Seungwan, still drunk but completely aware of what’s happening, just let the two tug her to their respective sides. She just hopes her shoulders remains intact after this night.

 

“If Seungwan and Sooyoung won’t be sharing the bed then you won’t sleep in our bed”

 

Sooyoung and her father stops tugging Seungwan as they both turn to the tall beautiful woman, hands resting on her hips with a look that can send shivers down anyone’s spine. Seungwan gulps.

 

“But honey…” Sooyoung’s father let go of Seungwan to plead to his wife.

 

And just like that the tug of war ended, Sooyoung’s father followed her mother to their room but not forgetting to give Sooyoung a wink.

 

Seungwan was stunned.

 

A big muscular man, all tall and scary turns into a giant ball of fluff because of his wife. He is so whipped, it was hilarious. Is she like that to Sooyoung? No wonder Seulgi and Yerim keeps teasing her, and no wonder they call her bottom. Is Sooyoung’s father also a bottom in the relationship?

 

Seungwan instinctively closed her eyes when she felt Sooyoung’s plump lips on hers. Sooyoung has been kissing her randomly

Please log in to read the full chapter