Chapter 17

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Belated Happy Valentines everyone!

 

 

“Hi sweetheart”

 

Seungwan smiles. “Hi mom. Is this a bad time to call?”

 

“No. I’m just reading a book and your father just got out from the showers. What’s up?”

 

“Hi honey” her father’s voice boomed from the speakers of her phone. “We’re sorry we couldn’t visit”

 

“It’s alright, you guys were here on new year. Am I on loudspeaker?”

 

“Yep” it was her father who answered.

 

“Cool. I want to ask for permission”

 

“About what?” now it was her mother.

 

“Well… Sooyoung asked me to go Jeju with her, spend summer vacation with her family”

 

There was silence from her parents’ side. Seungwan almost got worried that her parents would not allow her, she unconsciously bit her nails.

 

“Sooyoung? The girl you’ve been telling us, right?” her father asks.

 

“Yes”

 

Her father sighs on the other line. “So you’re meeting her parents already?”

 

“Well yea, I’ll be spending my summer with them”

 

“Wan”

 

Seungwan held her breath. That’s the tone her father would call her when he’s disappointed with her. What did she do? Why did she disappoint her father? Was it because she’s dating a girl and not a boy? Thank god she didn’t opt for a video call, she wouldn’t be able to stomach the disappointed look on her father’s face.

 

“Yah! Why are you torturing our daughter like that?!”

 

What?

 

“Don’t mind your dumbss father. He’s just being a tease. Of course you can go sweetheart” came her mother’s sweet voice.

 

Her father burst out laughing. “You were holding your breath sweetie, why are you so scared?” he laughed again but his voice turned serious when he said. “But I’m disappointed in you though”

 

“W-why?” Seungwan furrows her brows when she hears her father groans on the other line.

 

“He’s just salty because Sooyoung’s parents gets to meet you first before we meet Sooyoung” her mother responded for her father.

 

Seungwan sighs in relief, she thought it has something to do with her dating a girl. Wait do they know they’re already official? She knows she talks a lot about Sooyoung but she never said anything about them being a couple already because they weren’t, at that time.

 

“You’re thinking loudly, Seungwan”

 

Seungwan swallows hard. Should she come out via phone call? Is this proper? She sighs. “Mom I–”

 

“I know” came her mother’s sweet voice. “You don’t have to explain sweetie. I know. I’m your mother after all”

 

“I’m sorry”

 

“You should never be sorry for being who you are” her sweet voice turned stern. “Keep that in your mind. Be confident because I raised a confident woman”

 

Seungwan nods even if her mother can’t see it. “Thank you mom”

 

“You’re my daughter and I love you. Whatever you want to do, whoever you want to be I’ll support you”

 

Seungwan smiles, tears threatening to spill her eyes so she quickly wipes them away.

 

“Seungwan”

 

“Yes dad?” her father didn’t answer immediately though she heard shuffling on the other line followed by door opening then closing. Seungwan frowns. “Did you just leave the room?”

 

“Yes, I’m in the bathroom”

 

“Why?”

 

“’cause I want to ask you something”

 

“Sure”

 

“Are you top or bottom?”

 

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter