Chapter 52

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Long distance relationship, in every aspect, is so hard. Sooyoung can attest to that. 

 

Seungwan and her had some pretty close calls –too many to recall.

 

It didn’t help that Sooyoung’s beauty was immediately noticed the moment she stepped foot in her new university. On her first day, she was approached by bunch of clubs wanting to have her beauty in their team. And the club that she decided to join was the same club that skyrocketed her to popularity–the modeling club.

 

“I don’t get why you have to join a club, especially that club” Seungwan pouts, her cheek squished as she leans it on her palm.

 

“We agreed that you pay for my tuition but not the other fees, Wan. If I land few modeling gigs, I will be able to pay for some books, materials, also for my daily expenses. Plus I will be able to maintain our home” Sooyoung smiles. Her girlfriend’s cute face is occupying the whole of her laptop. “You don’t have to worry about anything, love. The president of the club is a good unnie, actually, not just her but everyone. They take good care of me”

 

Seungwan sighs. She wants Sooyoung to just focus on her studies, but we can never have everything our way. If Sooyoung wants to do this then she’ll let her. She won’t be the controlling type of girlfriend. “If that’s what you want, just tell me if you need anything, alright?”

 

Sooyoung nods. “So, how are you?”

 

Seungwan smiles. “I’m getting fat. Umma keeps cooking delicious food, I can’t refuse”

 

Sooyoung beams. “That’s good to hear. What about school?”

 

“School is alright. A bit hard because everyone talks fast but I’ll get by” Seungwan smiles. “Are you sleepy, baby?”

 

“No” Sooyoung shakes her head. She’s saying one thing, but her actions say otherwise. She flashes a sleepy smile. “Tell me more, love”

 

Seungwan chuckles. She knows Sooyoung won’t be able to stay awake and understand her stories, but she tells her anyway. It hasn’t even three minutes into her narration when Sooyoung’s eyes finally closed. Seungwan already expected it, Sooyoung’s eyes keeps dropping and she can’t blame her girlfriend because its already late at night in Seoul.

 

Seungwan gave herself a pat on the back for convincing Sooyoung to lay in bed while they videocall, now her girlfriend is comfortably sleeping on the bed and will not get back or neck aches when she wakes up tomorrow. She decides to stay on video for at least fifteen minutes to just stare at Sooyoung’s lovely sleeping face.

 

School is alright, Seungwan wasn’t lying about that but the hardest part is she’s been missing Sooyoung and it’s killing her. She’s so used to seeing Sooyoung everyday and being together during the weekends. She’s so used to waking up next to Sooyoung that she would unconsciously shed a tear when she wakes up to an empty space beside her and reality will hit her like a speeding train.

 

“I miss you, Sooyoungie” a lone tear escaped from Seungwan’s eye as she stares deeply on Sooyoung’s sleeping face. Etching every feature on her brain.

 

Sooyoung shifts but eyes still closed. She smiles a little. “Wan”

 

Seungwan smiles, kissed her fingers then touched Sooyoung’s cheeks on her screen. “I love you”

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

Seungwannie 💙 calling…

 

Sooyoung hurriedly answers the call. “Wan-ah! I’m sorry I just got home. My phone is dead that’s why–”

 

“It’s alright” Seungwan smiles, cutting Sooyoung off.

 

Sooyoung smiles back. “Let me change my clothes first”

 

“Sure”

 

“Be right back”

 

The smile on Seungwan’s face drop the moment Sooyoung moves away from the screen. She looks at the clock on her laptop. It’s already 10pm in Seoul but Sooyoung just got home? She shakes her head. Sooyoung, recently, keeps going home late. Now, she doesn’t want to think that her girlfriend is neglecting her studies but that doesn’t mean she will not get worry.

 

“Wannie”

 

Seungwan blinks rapidly. Sooyoung return clad in a comfortable shirt and makeup still on. She smiles. “How was your day?”

 

“I had a shoot with Yoonju unnie today” Sooyoung smiles. “Then we went out with the staffs to eat. I drink a little…”

 

Sooyoung starts telling her everything she did during the shoot, how Yoonju-unnie took care of her, how the staffs were so kind, how the photographer promised to have another photoshoot with her.

 

Seungwan diligently listens. The smile on her girlfriend’s face is so contagious that she was also smiling the whole time she was listening. Since the moment Sooyoung told her she joined the modeling club, Seungwan keeps asking herself if it was right to let Sooyoung join but now, seeing that wide smile on her girlfriend’s beautiful face and hearing the happiness in her tone as she tells her experience, Seungwan knows she made the right decision not to prevent Sooyoung from doing something she wants to do.

 

“I hope you’re not mad at me”

 

Seungwan blinks rapidly. She furrows her brows. “Why would I be mad at you?”

 

“Its way pass our scheduled videocall”

 

Seungwan smiles. “You were just a couple of minutes late. There’s no need to get mad at that”

 

But that couple of minutes turned to couple of hours, until it led to, I will call you tomorrow and eventually their daily videocalls turns into three times a week, then twice a week… once… before finally stopping and just calling whenever Sooyoung remembers.

 

Seungwan will never blame the falling out to Sooyoung’s new career or her new friends. She’s not like that, though she admits, what’s happening to them is scaring her because it’s like a prelude for what is about to happen. She doesn’t want to think that their relationship is doomed but the feeling is looming.

 

“Dude! Sooyoung is so popular! Every photographer wants to work with her” Seulgi excitingly reports.

 

“Oh yea?” Seungwan smiles. She’s in a three-way videocall with Seulgi and Yerim.

 

Seulgi wouldn’t shut up about Sooyoung being so in-demand to photographers. She keeps telling Seungwan how everyone wants her girlfriend to pose for them. While Yerim, who they hadn’t realize, stopped typing and is now staring at Seungwan the whole time Seulgi is endlessly talking.

 

“Is everything alright, Seungwan-unnie?” Yerim asks when Seulgi is finally done talking.

 

“Hm?” Seungwan turns to Yerim then smiles. “Everything is fine Yerimmie. Why’d you ask?”

 

Seulgi furrows her brows. Why would Yerim ask that out of nowhere?

 

Now it was her time to observe.

 

“You don’t seem to know that Sooyoung-unnie is popular. She doesn’t tell you that she gets many offers?”

 

Seulgi mentally nods. She did hear the surprise in Seungwan’s tone earlier.

 

Seungwan smiles. “I know she gets many offers” that’s why we haven’t been video calling recently. “I just don’t know that she’s that popular”

 

Seulgi frowns. She can see it now, Seungwan’s smile is not reaching her eyes. “You haven’t been talking to her, have you?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter