Chapter 3

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“That is seriously a hangover look”

 

Seungwan heard little devil’s voice but she made no effort of raising her head from the table. Her left cheek is planted firmly on the table, in this position she can clearly see Sooyoung and Joohyun who are happily eating and occasionally giggling. “She’s really pretty when she smiles”

 

“Creep” Yerim mumbles and sat beside Seulgi. She doesn’t want to sit beside Seungwan because that would mean she will be blocking the girl’s view of Sooyoung. “What happened this time?”

 

The question is open to anyone who will give her a proper answer –more like directed towards Seulgi.

 

Seulgi smiles then gave Seungwan’s phone to Yerim, letting the younger girl read the message.

 

“Oh she’s back” the surprise in Yerim’s voice was palpable as she pass the phone back to Seulgi. “Wait who is back?”

 

Yerim heard Seungwan sighs while Seulgi face-palmed herself. The youngest genuinely doesn’t have an idea who is coming back, she did remember reading the sender’s name which happened to be labeled as unknown.

 

“Let’s not talk about it” Seungwan finally raise her head from the table.

 

“Finally had enough staring at Sooyoung-unnie?” Yerim teased.

 

“Oh no. Sooyoung and Joohyun already left” Seungwan casually points a thumb towards the door.

 

Seulgi chuckles. “If that girl was a chocolate she would’ve melted on the spot because of your stare”

 

Seungwan shrugs. “I can’t stare at her during class, ssaem will surely call me out again”

 

“So that’s why you’ve been staring at her the entire time she’s eating?” Yerim laughs. “You’re creepy you know that? Why don’t you just talk to her?”

 

Seungwan looks at Yerim like the younger had grown another head. “Did you see Seulgi talked to Joohyun?”

 

“Hey!” Seulgi protested. “Why am I always getting included?”

 

But the two obviously ignored her.

 

Yerim smirks. “Tell me, what would make you talk to her?”

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“Everybody face upfront. I have an announcement to make”

 

The classroom immediately hushed as soon as their English teacher entered. She scans the room giving them a stern look then suddenly she beams flashing her beautiful eye smile.

 

“Foundation week is a month from now” the beautiful teacher starts. “And it’s always been our tradition to reenact Romeo and Juliet. Fortunately, your class has been selected to do it this year”

 

Seungwan narrows her eyes.

 

Earlier, Yerim asked about what would make her talk to Sooyoung then suddenly Miss Hwang is telling them that they will do Romeo and Juliet. What did Yerim do this time?

 

“As for the parts. I initially thought of assigning but that wouldn’t be fair and since there’s no time for auditions, we’ll just stick to draw lots” Miss Hwang raise the fishbowl with papers inside. “Everyone please lineup”

 

Seungwan and Seulgi waited for Joohyun and Sooyoung to fall in line before following suit, making them the last to pick a part.

 

“Seungwan” Miss Hwang smiles.

 

“Miss Hwang” Seungwan greeted back with a smile as she dunks her hand inside the fishbowl to take the last piece of paper.

 

“I was planning on giving you Romeo’s part since you’re the only one with excellent English proficiency” Miss Hwang confessed.

 

Seungwan beamed. She’s glad that she was considered for a lead role, but it wouldn’t be fair to those who really wanted that part and besides, she’s not confident in her acting skills. “Thank you, Miss Hwang, but let’s give others a shot”

 

Miss Hwang smiles then nods. She always thought of Seungwan to be humble, not wanting the spotlight to herself but will gladly step up if being called.

 

Seungwan went back to her seat, the piece of paper still folded; she didn’t peek. Everyone didn’t because Miss Hwang specifically told them that they should unfold the papers together. And so, with Miss Hwang’s signal they all unfolded their papers at the same time.

 

“I’m Benvolio. Who you got?” Seulgi turn to Seungwan.

Please log in to read the full chapter