Chapter 4

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Unnie~ why are we here so early in the morning?” Seulgi whines her arms hooked around Seungwan using her best friend as a walking stick while they trail behind Taeyeon.

 

It was a Saturday and Seulgi planned to stay in bed for the whole day and hibernate like a bear that she is, but they find themselves being called to go to campus so early in the morning by their Tae-unnie.

 

“Trust me, Seul. You’ll enjoy this” Taeyeon answers before winking.

 

Seulgi doubts it. What can make her enjoy her Saturday if not sleeping the day away?

 

The remaining walk towards the school’s auditorium was a struggle for Seungwan because Seulgi is slowly drifting back to sleep, giving almost all of her weight to her much smaller best friend.

 

“Sup gays”

 

Seungwan rolls her eyes. “What are you doing here, Yerim?”

 

“I wanted to hang out with Tae-unnie but she said she’s busy and just asked me to tag along” Yerim sat back down. “And I guess why not. I can provide an unbiased, unfiltered feedback for your acting, for example your clothes is horrible and you’re going to face Sooyoung-unnie wearing that? I’m embarrassed”

 

Seungwan choose to ignore Yerim because she’s too busy gently placing Seulgi to sit beside the younger girl. “Wait! Acting?” she abruptly let go of Seulgi causing the latter to fell on the seat with a thud.

 

Seulgi groans. “Seungwan-ah”

 

Seungwan look at Yerim horrified. “Unnie! Why didn’t you tell me?” she turns to Taeyeon who is smiling innocently at her.

 

“Oh my god! You didn’t know?!” Yerim let out a bark of laughter. “That’s why you look like a hobo!”

 

Seulgi stretched out her limbs trying to shake the sleepiness away. “What didn’t we know?”

 

“That you are going to practice for the play today” Yerim answers Seulgi nonchalantly.

 

Seulgi look at Seungwan, surprised. “What?! We’re going to practice?”

 

It didn’t make Seungwan feel any better that Seulgi doesn’t know as well. They were both left in the dark but it was only Seungwan who looks like an embarrassment with her getup.

 

“I’ll take care of it” Yerim stood up from her seat when her laughter had finally died down. She might be savage, mischievous and loves to unnies all the time but she knows when to step up if they needed her help. “Come on Seungwan-unnie before they get here”

 

Yerim held Seungwan’s wrist and pulled her backstage with Seulgi following closely behind.

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“Where are they?” Tiffany asks as soon as she entered the auditorium and only see Taeyeon. No Seulgi or Seungwan in sight.

 

“They were there a minute ago, maybe they are at the back” Taeyeon smiles at Joohyun and Sooyoung who are bowing to her. “Hi girls. Looking beautiful as ever”

 

“Thank you seonsaengnim” Joohyun politely smiles, as well as Sooyoung.

 

“We’re not in class, you can call me unnie” Taeyeon flashes a friendly smile.

 

“Yah! No flirting with the students!”

 

Joohyun and Sooyoung chuckles. It might be their imagination but they swore they heard jealousy in their Tiffany-seonsaengnim’s voice.

 

“Unnie! Look what I did!” Yerim emerge from the curtains. Her smile grew wider when she saw Tiffany, Joohyun and Sooyoung.

 

“Yerim-ah where’s Seulgi and Seungwan?” Tiffany asks.

 

Yerim beams pointing her thumb at the direction where she came from.

 

Everyone’s eyes were on the curtain, waiting patiently for Seulgi and Seungwan to come out.

 

Taeyeon silently prayed that Yerim shed her devil tendencies –just this time –and be angel that she truely is. She hope her cousin didn’t do anything that will urge her to ban the youngest from entering the auditorium.

 

“Yerim-ah wait up!” Seulgi walked out from the curtains still clad in her normal clothes, she didn’t need to change since she looks exceptional unlike Seungwan. But then again, Seulgi was always the better fashionista between the two.

 

Seungwan, on the other hand, doesn’t really like dressing up. As long as she’s comfortable with her clothes it was good enough for her. It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t look pretty, if she’s comfortable she’ll go with that look. But of course, she tries to match her getup appropriately like now, she would’ve dressed more appropriately –or even try to dress up –if she knew she was going to see Sooyoung.

 

“Seulgi where’s Seungwan?” Tiffany asks.

 

“Uhm…” Seulgi l

Please log in to read the full chapter