Chapter 25

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungwan stretched her sleeping limbs the moment she woke up.

 

“Wannie~”

 

Seungwan smiles turning to her side to look at her phone. It amazes her how her phone remains alive even if they forgot to end their video call. “Good morning Sooyoungie”

 

Sooyoung couldn’t spend the night at Seungwan’s place because Sooyoung and Joohyun were busy with student council matters. As a consolation–since they just made up–the couple decided to just videocall until they fall asleep, but the call didn’t end and Seungwan will never complain because even if she didn’t get to wake up with Sooyoung beside her, it was still Sooyoung’s beautiful face she sees first thing in the morning.

 

“You’re thinking something greasy, aren’t you?”

 

Seungwan smiles. “I’m just happy I still get to see you first thing in the morning even if you couldn’t spend the night here”

 

“Yup, something greasy”

 

The smile on Sooyoung’s face clearly says that she’s liking Seungwan’s greasiness so much.

 

“Only for you babe” Seungwan winks followed by a finger gun eliciting a lovely laugh from Sooyoung. “Oh, hold up. My phone’s battery is almost drained”

 

“Charge your phone. I’m going to charge mine as well. Don’t forget we’re meeting at the shelter later”

 

Seungwan nods. “I’ll go to the supermarket first before going to the shelter. Are you sure you don’t want me to fetch you?”

 

Sooyoung shakes her head. “It’s fine Wannie. we can just meet there”

 

“Alright, I’ll see you later?”

 

“Yes, goodmorning Wannie~”

 

Seungwan beams. “I love you, Sooyoung-ah”

 

“I love you too Seungwan”

 

Sooyoung’s lovely smile and eye-smile was the last thing Seungwan saw before the call ended. Seungwan stretched her limbs one more time before standing up to do her routine.

 

The couple made a pack to visit the shelter at least once a month to help out. They call it their bonding time/date, what better way to spend your monthly anniversary than helping out right? It was proposed by Seungwan and Sooyoung immediately agreed.

 

Seungwan chuckles when she remembers what happened during their first visit at the shelter, then she made a mental note not to wear white or lighter shirts.

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“I’m thinking of making dinner tonight” Seungwan had been walking around the mart for about five minutes now and her cart is still empty. And her phone is pressed against her ear. “But I don’t know what to cook”

 

“There are thousands of dishes you can choose from, honey” Seungwan’s mom answered on the other line. “You can go with steak, chicken, salmon”

 

Seungwan sighs. She knows she can literally pick one dish, any dish, for tonight. Yet she feels there’s something missing. “I don’t know mom. I can’t decide”

 

“How about you stop thinking about the perfect dish for the perfect night and just ask Sooyoung what she wants for dinner”

 

Seungwan sighs. “Alright, I’ll go do that. Thanks mom”

 

“I’m glad I can help. Love you sweetie”

 

“Love you too mom” Seungwan hangs up and immediately dials Sooyoung’s number.

 

“Hey love…” Seungwan immediately smiles when she heard Sooyoung’s voice. “Everything alright?”

 

“Everything is perfect like you”

 

The cheesiness caught Sooyoung off guard but as soon as the words sink in, she let out a heartily laugh. 

 

“That was too cheesy. So, why’d you call?”

 

“I was wondering what you wanted for dinner?”

 

“Oh, were you planning to cook?”

 

“I was” Seungwan picked up a canned mushroom from the shelf. “But I don’t know what to cook”

 

“Actually, I was thinking of just ordering some pizza and chicken? Since I know helping out in the shelter will be tiring. What do you think?”

 

“That’s…” Seungwan returned the canned mushroom back. “Reasonable”

 

Sooyoung laughs. “You can cook some other time, Wannie. I don’t want you to tire yourself”

 

Seungwan smiles. “Alright”

 

“Just buy your necessities, and don’t take too long. I’ll see you in a bit”

 

“Okay. And Soo?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I love you”

 

Sooyoung chuckles. “I love you too, Seungwan”

 

Seungwan ended the call with a huge smile on her face, suddenly eager to wrap her supermarket spree to finally see and spend her day with Sooyoung. Since pizza and chicken doesn’t really scream romantic dinner, Seungwan decided to buy some champagne to add some spice. She loves Sooyoung so much she’s willing to forego her plans for what Sooyoung wants.

 

“Seungwan?”

 

Seungwan looks up from the champagne she’s reading to look at the person who called her. “Chae?”

 

Chaeyoung smiles. “Fancy meeting you here” her sight landed on the bottle in Seungwan’s hand. “Champagne? What’s the occasion?”

 

Seungwan beams. “Nothing, just dinner with Sooyoung after helping out in a shelter”

 

“Shelter?” Chaeyoung curiously ask.

 

“Dog shelter. Sooyoung loves dogs, animals in general” Seungwan smiles. “Are you here alone?”

 

“Actually, I’m with–”

 

“Seungwan-ah” Chaeyoung’s mom immediately came rushing, enveloping Seungwan in a warm hug.

 

“Auntie, how are you?” Seungwan hugs the older lady back. She acknowledges the man who joined them when Chaeyoun’s mom had let her go. “Hi uncle”

 

“Hey kiddo” Chaeyoung’s dad ruffles Seungwan’s hair.

 

“You look good, my god I missed you” the older woman hugged Seungwan again.

Please log in to read the full chapter