Chapter 49

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

After Seulgi and Seungwan’s mini concert that disturbed the resort’s peace, they decided to have dinner separately.

 

“What? Why?” Joohyun arch an eye brow.

 

The original plan was that they, the five of them, will have dinner together, added in Saeron if she wanted to join, but the trio made an impromptu arrangement. A surprise that Seungwan and Seulgi supposed to do on their last night but Yerim convinced her unnies to do it tonight since they don’t know what weather they will get on their last night.

 

Also because the maknae wanted to help, not that she won’t help if they still decided to do it on their last night. She just wanted to do most, if not all, the preparation as a way of apologizing because Taeyeon and friends decided to be ers.

 

Seungwan swallows nervously. She looks at Seulgi for help, who looks at Yerim.

 

Yerim shakes her head. “Seriously? Asking help from the maknae?”

 

Seungwan and Seulgi smiles nervously.

 

Yerim sigh. “Unnies we have the whole week to have dinner together” she drapes her arms on Seungwan and Seulgi’s shoulders. “Just for tonight, let my handsome unnies have you both for dinner”

 

“What?” Joohyun and Sooyoung asks simultaneously.

 

Yerim received a light jab on her either side that made her laugh. Saeron’s laugh at the background made her laugh too. “I talked to Taeyeon-unnie, there’s nothing I can do about the room arrangement that’s why we agreed that tonight you can have your alone time with your girlfriends”

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell the other unnies” Saeron added. “And don’t worry about Yerim. I’ll keep her company while you guys are spending quality time with each other”

 

Everyone smiles gratefully at her.

 

“Thank you, Saeron-ah” Seungwan smiles.

 

“She can be handful sometimes but she’s really nice” Seulgi added.

 

Yerim scoffs. “Let’s go everybody! Chop! Chop! Hyo-unnie said Saeron’s mom makes the best home cook meal and I can’t wait to try them”

 

“Our maknae is ditching is for food?” Sooyoung shakes her head.

 

“Yes, I will leave all of you for good food” Yerim hooks her arm around Saeron. “Come on Saeron-ah leave them”

 

Saeron bows before letting Yerim drag her.

 

The four watch with smiles on their faces as the two younger leaves.

 

“They look good together, don’t you think?”

 

Seungwan nods as a response to Seulgi’s question. “But let’s not force her to move on so quickly. We all know she really likes Nayeon”

 

“Love” Sooyoung corrects. “She loves Nayeon”

 

Joohyun nods. “I know Yerim is selfless but I think she wouldn’t go as far as risking her own life for someone she doesn’t love”

 

“I won’t expect much but I like Saeron. She looks like a very kind girl”

 

Everyone nods, agreeing with Seulgi.

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“You’re Taeyeon’s cousin?” Saeron’s mom asks.

 

Yerim nods then bows. “Yes ma’am, I’m Kim Yerim”

 

“Ma’am sounds too old. Call me auntie. We’re all family here” the older woman smiles. “Saeron already told me you will be having dinner with us. You two can go to the garden, dad is already setting up the grill. I’ll bring out the side dishes out in a minute”

 

“I can help bring out the side dishes” Yerim offered but was immediately turn down by the older woman.

 

“Don’t be silly, you are our guest” Mrs. Kim smiles. “Go, I will be with you in a minute”

 

Yerim doesn’t want to agree that she just moved from her spot when Saeron tugged her towards the garden. “Are you sure it’s okay not to help you mom?”

 

“Your offer will have better luck with dad than mom” Saeron smiles. “Dad!”

 

“Hey sweetheart” Mr. Kim greeted his daughter with a big smile. “And you must be Yerim”

 

Yerim bows. “Kim Yerim, sir. Taeyeon’s cousin”

 

“Woaw with the sir” He laughs. “Uncle will do and beside I think I already know you. Taeyeon wouldn’t stop talking about you”

 

“I hope nothing that will ruin my image?”

 

Mr. Kim laughed out loud. “Actually, she’s really proud of you. Wouldn’t stop telling stories of how you, alone, can do pranks that Hyo, Yul, Soo and Yoong normally do”

 

Yerim shyly rubs her nape, that’s something no one should be proud about but it’s funny how her Taeyeon-unnie brags that particular skill of hers.

 

“It’s not about the pranks, Yerim” Yerim furrows her brows questioningly at that statement. “It’s about your mind and creativeness that she’s proud of”

 

Yerim smiles, genuinely. Taeyeon never really voiced it out but she can feel it. They don’t need words because action is good en

Please log in to read the full chapter