Chapter 32

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sooyoung finished her business at the comfort room and is on her way back to Seungwan and Taeyeon. She’s about to turn at a corner but stops on her tracks when she hears a familiar voice.

 

“You told me you were going to help me” he hissed.

 

“I did help you” a female voice responded. A voice Sooyoung is not familiar with. “Weren’t you able to talk to her that day?”

 

“Nothing good came out of that day” Sungjae sighs.

 

“Is that my fault?” she sassily replies. “And please don’t forget who helped you enter this competition”

 

“Chaeyoung-ah…”

 

“Oppa” Chaeyoung says sternly. “I agreed I will help you, but never think that I will force her to get back with you. I can only do so much”

 

“You want her, right?” Sungjae said before Chaeyoung could even walk away. “You want Seungwan. That’s why you agreed to help me” Chaeyoung turns around to face him. “Help me get Sooyoung back and you will have Seungwan all to yourself”

 

 

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

Sooyoung blinks rapidly, shaking her head to get that scene out of her head. “Yes unnie?” she smiles at Joohyun.

 

“Are you okay?” Joohyun asks worriedly. “You’ve been spacing out more often, that’s so not you”

 

“I’m fine” Sooyoung fakes a smile. “Just thinking about something”

 

“Is it about Sungjae and Chaeyoung?” Joohyun’s eyes softens.

 

Sooyoung nods. She didn’t tell Seungwan what she heard that day due to many reasons, she doesn’t want to ruin the moment and  Chaeyoung is her childhood friend. So, she resorts to telling Joohyun everything instead.

 

“I still don’t understand why you don’t want to tell Seungwan”

 

Sooyoung sighs. “Unnie, do you think Seungwan will believe me when I tell her that her childhood best friend is joining forces with my ex-boyfriend to separate us?”

 

“Why not? You are her girlfriend. She has to believe you”

 

“Unnie, they know each other longer than we do”

 

Joohyun shakes her head. “Give Seungwan the benefit of the doubt, Soo. And besides, it’s her relationship they’re trying to ruin. Don’t you think Seungwan deserves to know?”

 

“She doesn’t need to know if I can prevent it”

 

Joohyun rubs her temple. “Sooyoung-ah, it’s two against one. You can’t possibly think you can take them on, and… do you even know what they’re planning?”

 

“It’s not two against one because I have you on my side” Sooyoung smiles sweetly at Joohyun, flashing her perfect eye-smile that can melt even the strong Joohyun.

 

“You know I won’t let you on your own” Joohyun sighs in defeat. “But I still think Seungwan needs to know. Just so she can avoid that girl”

 

Sooyoung shakes her head. “They are friends. I don’t want to ruin that”

 

“Being a martyr will take you nowhere, Sooyoung” 

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

Seungwan–lying on her back, hands intertwined behind her head, eyes closed savoring the tranquil–flinched when something cold touched her cheek. She smiles when she sees her best friend’s eye smile directed towards her. “Was expecting my girlfriend though” she said as she took the canned drink from Seulgi.

 

Seulgi sat, cross leg, beside the lying down Seungwan. “You two see each other every day, Sooyoung spends her weekends with you, and you were just in Japan together. Don’t you get tired of each other?”

 

“Do you get tired of Joohyun?” Seungwan fires back.

 

“Touché”

 

“And to answer your question, no I don’t get tired of her” Seungwan stares at the sky with a dreamy look on her eyes. “I just hope she doesn’t too”

 

“We both know she doesn’t” Seulgi assures. “Sooyoung surprised us with what she did”

 

“I got surprised too” Seungwan laughs, remembering how she called her father-in-law to say that Sooyoung got to Japan safely and promised to take care of their daughter while they were there. And also to thank him and umma for the money Sooyoung used for the ticket. She

Please log in to read the full chapter