Chapter 16

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Happy Seulgi day!💛

Pic from Red Velvet official account

 

Seungwan groans, a ray of sunlight has escaped her curtains and hits her directly in the face causing her to wake. She slowly turns her head to the other side and a smile spreads on her lips. Sooyoung lays on her shoulder, left arm over her stomach and her long legs tangled with Seungwan’s underneath the blanket.

 

The day did end with them sleeping together in Seungwan’s bed, and no they didn’t do anything beyond making out.

 

Sooyoung made their first date memorable, now is the time for Seungwan to step up her game and make sure that their first time is as memorable as their first date. She will not disappoint –she hopes –but she’s sure about one thing, their first time will not happen at the boring confines of her apartment.

 

“Wannie~”

 

Seungwan smiles when Sooyoung buries her face on the crook of her neck then hugging her tighter like a koala. She loves this kind of morning where Sooyoung, amidst her stupor, would call her then pull her closer as if trying to mold Seungwan to her body. “I’m here, Sooyoung-ah”

 

Sooyoung hums then returns to sleep, her tight hold on Seungwan never loosening even if she’s already in dream land.

 

Seungwan twists her head to plan a kiss on Sooyoung’s forehead before she follows Sooyoung back to dream land.

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“Where are you taking me?”

 

Seulgi beams. “You’ll see”

 

They got off the bus fifteen minutes ago. They’re somewhere outskirt, Joohyun doesn’t exactly know where but it was beautiful, peaceful with fresh air and a comfortable breeze not too hot, not too cold just perfect.

 

“You aren’t kidnapping me, aren’t you?” Joohyun playfully asks.

 

“What if I am?” Seulgi teased, but the playful grin on her face changed into a surprised one when Joohyun latched herself unto her arm, intertwining their fingers together.

 

Joohyun didn’t know where the boldness came from, maybe the romantic feeling of the place? Or maybe that adorable look on Seulgi’s face? Whatever it is, she had already done it and there’s no going back.

 

“Then I’ll tell the police how you kidnapped me and stole my heart”

 

Seulgi chuckles, a visible red tint paints her cheeks. So this is the feeling of having a girlfriend, she feels like she’s walking on clouds. Joohyun is making her heart beat fast, she’s afraid it’ll burst. “Seriously don’t do that my heart will explode”

 

They continue to travel this beautiful path surrounded by greens and flowers, and Joohyun is obviously loving it. Her phone out taking pictures of the scenery, and sometimes taking pictures of Seulgi’s back. She beams at this one particular picture –Seulgi’s arm is stretched backwards, hers were stretched forward, their fingers intertwined. The perfect scenery of greens and colorful flowers around them –she very much likes the picture she made it her wallpaper.

 

Seulgi looks back, beaming widely. “We’re here”

 

Joohyun’s mouth fell.

 

The place left Joohyun in awe, the small lake is very beautiful. The clash of color green, blue and white is too breathtaking that Joohyun keeps snapping photos.

 

“Do you want to go to the lake?”

 

Joohyun quickly turns to Seulgi. “You mean swim?”

 

Seulgi chuckles, shaking her head. “We can row” she points at the small rowing boat at the bank.

 

Joohyun wonders how she wasn’t able to spot the boat but then again she was too busy taking photos of the scenery. The color of Joohyun’s face vanished when she realized they will go in the middle of the lake on that small boat. “I… I’m not fond of water”

 

Seulgi is already inside the boat. She looks back at Joohyun with a soft smile on her face. “Don’t worry. I won’t let anything happen to you”

 

Seulgi extended her hand and Joohyun was compelled to hold them. Her eyes were on Seulgi the whole time that she didn’t realize she was already on the boat, sitting down. Seulgi has that comforting look in her eyes that can urge Joohyun to do whatever she desires.

 

It was scary at the same time exciting. Scary because if Seulgi would tell her to jump on the water she loathes so much, she would but only if she’s staring at those beautiful eyes that belonged to Seulgi. Exciting because she’s willing to try something new, something she hasn’t tried before only if it’s with Seulgi.

 

“Are you afraid of the water?” Seulgi asks as she rows them towards the middle.

 

Joohyun looks around, she’s surrounded by water. Thankfully the water is still, so no sea-sickness for her. “Only if I’m submerged”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter