Chapter 43

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Happy 7th Anniversary to Red Velvet 💗💛💚💙💜

 

 

 

Seungwan enters her apartment, Sooyoung is once again held up by Joohyun for a student council meeting. She wanted to wait for her girlfriend but Sooyoung’s order, and also because she thought about cooking dinner for her Sooyoungie. She went home ahead without much argument.

 

Seungwan furrows her brows when she smelt something, like someone is cooking. Then her sight landed on a pair of men’s shoes on the foyer. “Dad?”

 

Papa Son walks out from the kitchen wearing an apron and a spatula in hand. “Seungwan-ah” he approaches his daughter and gives her a big bear hug.

 

“Why are you– I mean, why didn’t you call?”

 

Papa Son beams. “I’m here for a business trip. I wasn’t planning on staying long but my flight got moved to tomorrow afternoon. So, surprise”

 

“You should’ve called me” Seungwan whines as she follows her father back to the kitchen. “I could’ve gotten home early”

 

“Ah it’s okay” Papa Son waves his hand dismissively. “It’s not a surprise if I called you. Where’s Sooyoung by the way?” Seungwan hops on the stool while her father returns to cooking. “Call her, tell her to drop by. Let’s have dinner together”

 

“She’ll be here. Sooyoung usually sleepover during the weekends”

 

The stirring of the pot stops, Papa Son looks back at his daughter, hands on his waist. “So, you two are living together during the weekend?”

 

Seungwan swallowed the lump on .

 

How could she forget that her parents, also Sooyoung’s parents, don't know about their little arrangement of Sooyoung staying with her every weekend.

 

“She just sleeps over during the weekends”

 

Papa Son nodded then went back to cooking. “I trust that Sooyoung’s parents know about this?”

 

Seungwan stays mum.

 

Papa Son sighs. “Seungwan-ah” Seungwan flinches. She doesn’t like that tone. “Just because her parents like you, it doesn’t mean you can go around playing house with Sooyoung”

 

“It’s just during the weekends, dad”

 

“Even so” Papa Son looked at Seungwan again, eyes soft but stern. “I assume she doesn’t sleep in the spare room when she sleeps over?”

 

Seungwan slowly shakes her head.

 

Papa Son look at his daughter straight in the eyes. He concedes. “You and Sooyoung are both old enough. Just remember that your mom and I really like Sooyoung, and it’s obvious that her parents like you as well. So, don’t mess it up, okay?”

 

Seungwan nods. “I won’t. I told you, I don’t see my future without Sooyoung”

 

“I trust you” Papa Son smiles. “Tell me about the yacht date, did she like it?”

 

“She loved it” Seungwan beams.

 

“That’s good” Papa Son returns to cooking. “tell me everything”

 

Seungwan is almost done telling their yacht story to her father when Sooyoung arrives.

 

“Seungwan-ah what did you coo– dad?” Sooyoung stops on her tracks. She immediately bows. “Good evening”

 

Papa Son smiles. “Hello Sooyoung” he motions his hand for Sooyoung to sit. “Come join us. I cooked dinner”

 

The table had been set and the father-daughter were just waiting for Sooyoung to arrive so they could have dinner together.

 

“How are you, dad?” Sooyoung asks as she sits down on Seungwan’s right.

 

“I’m alright. I’m sorry I came unannounced”

 

“That’s okay” Sooyoung smiles. “But you should’ve called. Seungwan could’ve fetched you”

 

“That’s what I said” Seungwan mumbles, mouth full of food.

 

Papa Son messes Seungwan’s hair. “I just want to surprise my daughter, but I was the one who got surprised instead” he smirks.

 

Sooyoung avoided eye contact because she knew what Papa Son was talking about. And Seungwan avoiding eye-contact with her confirms everything.

 

“I’m not against it, Sooyoung” Papa Son clarifies. “Just make sure to use protection”

 

Seungwan chokes on her food while Sooyoung’s cheeks reddened.

 

Papa Son laughs and eats his food. “Oh, Seungwan before I forget” he pats his blazer that was draped over his chair. He took a white envelope from the pocket.

 

Seungwan furrows her brows. “What is this?”

 

“Open it” Papa Son urges with a smile on his face.

 

Se

Please log in to read the full chapter