Chapter 10

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Happy New Year everybody

 

 

 

“I have to go”

 

Joohyun nods. “I’ll see you at home”

 

While Yerim gave her a thumbs up. “go get her”

 

Sooyoung turns to Seulgi who had her eyes closed, savoring the song and Seungwan’s angelic voice. She doesn’t want to disturb the girl’s tranquil, so she decides to leave her be besides, she needs to make it up there before the song ends.

 

Sooyoung made it in time. She smiles when she saw Seungwan singing the song with her eyes closed, is it a best friend thing? she thought to herself because she left Seulgi at the same state. Her smile widens when she saw the shock on Seungwan’s expression, its funny, her expression shows shock, but her voice remains stable and beautiful. and she will be mine soon enough.

 

If I want you, if I desperately want you. in the end, will I be able to reach you?

 

Sooyoung knows it’s the lyrics but somehow those words, accompanied by those beautiful eyes, feels like she was being asked. So, she answered the question, she nodded her head.

 

 

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoung-ah!”

 

Seungwan quickly left the room as soon as the song ended. Turning her head side to side hoping to get a glimpse of the girl but she was no longer there. “Ssaem!” she quickly approach Tiffany hoping she saw Sooyoung.

 

Tiffany flashed her eye-smile. “She went that way”

 

Seungwan bows gratefully before running off to where Tiffany pointed. Another dead end, Seungwan sighs but from the corner of her eyes she saw a glimpse of black locks. “Sooyoung?”

 

Cautiously, Seungwan approach the corner. She looks up the stairs, wondering why Sooyoung would go up there. Is she expecting for Seungwan to chase after her? Throwing all caution to the wind, Seungwan walk up the stairs leading to the rooftop.

 

Seungwan instinctively smiles as soon as she opens the door. Because right there, seating on a bench, is the most beautiful being she had ever laid her eyes on. The beauty looks back as if she sensed that she was being watched then beams at Seungwan.

 

“Hi there”

 

The sky’s warm color and the scenery is beautiful but Sooyoung is more beautiful in Seungwan’s eyes. She approached Sooyoung and sat beside the girl. They stayed silent for a moment, shoulders brushing against each other while letting the comfortable breeze hug their bodies. Sooyoung’s hair dance everytime the wind blows and Seungwan can’t help but stare, the girl looks like she had come straight out of a commercial.

 

“I was known as Joy in my previous school”

 

Seungwan blinks rapidly, processing the words that had come out of Sooyoung’s lips. When the words had finally sink in, she kept shut wanting the girl to continue.

 

Sooyoung is looking up at the clear orange sky. So Seungwan looks up, averting her eyes from the girl. “High school is starting and I was eager to be popular because its high school, you know”

 

No, Seungwan doesn’t know but she understands. Entering high school, she wants nothing more than to enter, survive then graduate. Being popular was never on her list since she has Seulgi so she just sticks to being herself. Nevertheless, she understands why some wants to be one of the popular, to be one of the cool kids, to be on top of the school hierarchy.

 

“I remember my teacher in preschool calling me joy because she said I bring joy to her and my classmates, so I adopted that name and before I knew it, I was introducing myself as Joy” Sooyoung sighs. “I wanted to be Joy, I wanted to bring Joy”

 

“You didn’t introduce yourself as Joy, yet you still bring me joy” Sooyoung turns to Seungwan but the latter isn’t looking at her. “I think you don’t need to use some name. You just need to be yourself, I’m sure that’ll bring joy to whomever you meet because it did for me”

 

Seungwan’s eyes grew wide and her heart almost leap from her chest. She turns rigid for a moment before relaxing into the embrace.

 

Sooyoung wraps her arms around Seungwan’s stomach, her head resting on the girl’s shoulder. “Did you mean everything you said?”

 

Seungwan nods. “Every word”

 

The breeze is getting chilly but Sooyoung doesn’t feel cold at all. Seungw

Please log in to read the full chapter