Chapter 27

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You’re adorably chirpy today” Seulgi smiles at her best friend.

 

“Unnie you’re glowing” Yerim squints her eyes. She gasped then covered . “Unnie! Is that an after sx glow?!”

 

“What does that even mean?” Seungwan shakes her head.

 

Seulgi frowns. “Yerim-ah how come you know what after sx glow is?”

 

Yerim smiles wickedly. “Don’t ask unnies, don’t ask”

 

Seungwan and Seulgi looks at Yerim, shocked. Does this mean their maknae has more experience than them when it comes to those kinds of things?! “Yerim-ah you–”

 

“Ah just the person I was looking for”

 

Seungwan looks away from Yerim to give her attention to Taeyeon who cuts her off unknowingly.

 

“See you later. Bye~” Yerim quickly makes a run for it, not wanting to be near Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon arch her brow, she hasn’t seen her cousin around campus for more than a week now. She has no idea why, and it scared her. She made a mental note to deal with her later. “Seungwan-ah” she handed the paper to the younger.

 

Seungwan took it. “Interschool singing competition?”

 

“Ah!” Seulgi snapped her fingers. “Remember when I went to Japan during sophomore year?”

 

Taeyeon nods. “Only it’s a singing competition this year instead of a dancing competition”

 

Seungwan furrows her brows. “Why me though? I mean, there are better singers than me” she extends her hand to give the paper back to Taeyeon. “And besides, I’m not good with crowds”

 

Taeyeon gently pushed Seungwan’s hand away.

 

“Our Romeo beg to differ” Taeyeon smiles. “Think about it, Seungwan. I’ll see you both in class”

 

Seungwan look at the paper then to Seulgi who just smiling at her.

 

“Ssaem is right you know. You were amazing as Romeo and the whole school saw it” Seulgi pats her shoulder. “Besides, we both know ssaem won’t ask you if she knows you can’t do it”

 

Since they start high school Taeyeon had been helping them, setting them up, giving them extra-curricular activities where they would surely shine. The best example is the dance competition Seulgi joined and won. And because of her best friend their school was named ‘Home of the Aces’. Maybe that’s somewhat the reason why she’s reluctant to compete. She doesn’t want to tarnish their school’s reputation –the reputation Seulgi gave.

 

Seungwan sighs. “I’ll think about it” she folded the paper then stuff it inside her pocket. “Let’s go?”

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

Joohyun twirls the pen over her fingers.

 

The seniors are asking for an extravagant Prom night which was granted immediately by their principal. She doesn’t mind preparing for that extravagant party, since it will be their last party before they leave the school, what she minds is the where and when.

 

“Good morning” Sooyoung greeted as soon as she entered the student council room.

 

Joohyun looks up from her laptop then rested her cheek on her palm. She smirks. “You’re glowing” she stated the obvious which caused Sooyoung blush. “Did something happened that I should know of?”

 

“Unnie you know I don’t kiss and tell” Sooyoung demurely sat on Joohyun’s right.

 

Joohyun smiles. She doesn’t need to know the intimate details, Sooyoung’s glow is a dead giveaway already. “I’m just glad you’re no longer sulking and whining”

 

“Yes, and I’m feeling motivated today, so what do you want me to do?”

 

Joohyun beams. Since Sooyoung offered might as well use it to her advantage. “How about you help me search for a venue for our Prom?”

 

“No problem, unnie” Sooyoung opened her designated laptop then started searching.

 

They spend about half an hour looking for a venue that would match with their target date and so far, they got nothing.

 

Sooyoung stretched out her arms, her fingers and back cracking for sitting too long. She looks at her watch. Free period is almost over meaning its nearly lunch time. She rummages her bag to get her phone because she was too engross in the task, she forgot to message Seungwan.

 

Sooyoung was still looking for her phone when the door burst open.

 

“What’s up everybody” Yerim came unannounced not even bothering to knock.

 

Joohyun tore her gaze from her laptop. “Yerim just because you’re our maknae it doesn’t mean you can barge in here” she leans back on her seat then pulls down her specs. “You’re lucky it’s just me and Sooyoung in here”

 

“Oh, please unnie” Yerim settles herself on an empty chair. “We all know the other officers doesn’t want to be in the same room as you because you scare them. And besides I brought lunch”

 

“You did?” Sooyoung asks surprised.

 

“Of course…” Yerim smirks then claps her hands.

 

“The clap was too much” Seungwan shakes her head as she enters the room with Seulgi following closely behind. “Hi” she gave Sooyoung a chaste kiss on the lips before sitting on her other side.

 

Seulgi immediately went straight to Joohyun to give her girlfriend a kiss on her forehead, they are not that brazen like Sooyoung and Seungwan.

Please log in to read the full chapter