Chapter 29

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Seungwan!”

 

If Seungwan is not mistaken, the one who called her (very enthusiastically) is Yuri. Seungwan bows to the unnies. “I’m sorry for the short notice unnies”

 

“Don’t worry your pretty little head about it, kid” Sooyoung (why must all Sooyoungs be tall?!) pats her head. 

 

“Taengoo already told us” Hyoyeon smiles teasingly. “So, we brought the necessary gadgets”

 

“Necessary what?” Seungwan looks at the unnies questioningly.

 

Yuri took something out from her pocket. She held out her hand and there were four black things on top of her palm. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon took one each, leaving only two. “Take the other one, Seungwan” the tanned girl urges her.

 

“What are these?” Seungwan carefully took the other one then examined the black thingy.

 

“It’s an earpiece” Hyoyeon answers as she puts the earpiece inside her ear.

 

“This is an earpiece??”

 

“It’s a micro earpiece. Kinda like the ones spies use on movies” Sooyoung nonchalantly answers, hers is already secured inside her ear.

 

“Spies?!” Seungwan looks at her unnies, eyes wide open.

 

Yuri nods. “We’re prepared for missions like this”

 

“Prepared for what? Like what?” Seungwan doesn’t know what’s happening, she just wants the unnies’ help because, the plan in her mind? She won’t be able to pull it off on her own.

 

“Chill out little Seungwan” Sooyoung ruffles Seungwan’s hair (why must tall Sooyoung attack her height?). “This is far subtle than walkie talkies, don’t you think?”

 

“Oh…” Seungwan realizes it just now, with this device they will be able to communicate properly without people suspecting, rather than if they use walkie talkies. But… they can use their phones, right?

 

Hyoyeon smiles. “If it makes you feel any better, we’ve done this many times. Our friends always run to us for help if they want to surprise someone. Be it serious or prank, so don’t worry. You’re in good hands”

 

That, actually, made Seungwan feel better. “Thank you, unnie” she trusted them like she trusted Taeyeon. She’s just anxious because she had never done something like this before.

 

“First time?” Seungwan nods her head at Yuri’s question. The tanned girl drapes her arms around Seungwan’s shoulders. “I bet you’re nervous?”

 

“So much”

 

Yuri smiles. “I wish I could say it will get better but I’m sorry it won’t. You will never get used to the edgy feeling while doing a surprise”

 

“Is this coming from experience, unnie?” Seungwan teases, trying to ease her nervousness a little bit.

 

Yuri nods. “I’ve planned almost dozens of surprises but the nervousness is still there. Every thing always feels like it’s the first time”

 

Seungwan smiles, glad that what she’s feeling is normal.

 

“Come now you two!” Sooyoung drapes her arms on both Yuri and Seungwan. “We have a surprise to do!”

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“Dynamite is on the move. I repeat, dynamite is on the move”

 

“Unnie! We didn’t agree to that codename”

 

The earpiece really acts like a walkie talkie but it’s more subtle. They can hear and talk to each other without hiccups as long as they are all within range. Seungwan really do feel like she’s a spy.

 

“Let it go, Wan. Once the lamppost decides it, it’s done”

 

“Who are you calling lamppost, you burnt monkey?!”

 

‘It’s them giving me a headache’ Seungwan recalls Yerim’s words.

 

The unnies aren’t exactly giving Seungwan a headache, they just tease each other a lot, it’s so funny it’s hard to fight off a smile. And Seungwan doesn’t want to be seen smiling alone, she doesn’t want people to think she’s crazy or something.

 

“And this is why you always need me. Bunch of kids”

 

“Hyo! Seriously, we can hear you!”

 

“I know, that’s why I said it out loud”

 

“Hold your horses! Dynamite just entered the elevator! Unicorn, do you have visual?”

 

“I have visual, Soo! What do you think of me ugly?”

 

Seungwan heard a loud facepalm. Did they just slap themselves?

 

“Do you have visual like do you see Dynamite, stupid! I’m not talking about your face!”

 

“Oh!” Yuri chuckles sheepishly. “Yes, I have visual. She just walked out of the elevator”

 

“See Seungwan? This is why they need me because, one is stupid and the other one is also stupid, I just balance everything out”

 

“Guys! Dynamite just entered the elevator and she’s going up. You ready Wan?”

 

Seungwan wipes her clammy hands against her pants. “

Please log in to read the full chapter