Chapter 47

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 47

Normal POV

Dahyun was in the medical facility checking up some newly arrived patients. She examined the wounds and was cleaning the bite from his forearm hoping to avoid any infection.

 

"Another fight again?" Jihyo entered in greeting towards Dahyun. The human patient that Dahyun was attending to flinched at the sight of a werewolf doctor.

 

"Relax, she's not gonna harm you" Dahyun calm him down. 

 

"Allow me, Dr Kim" Jihyo's professional side barged in. She carefully approached the human to see the bite. 

 

With her gloves on, she touched the wound and checked the inner tissued. The man clearly with his pride on, tried to keep on a stoic face not trying to show any kind of pain but failed miserably as he was biting his lower lip and turning pale.

 

Jihyo stepped away and Dahyun took bandaging the wound.

 

"Ok, come back to us after 1 week. You need to drink some antibiotic and clean the wounds daily to avoid any infection. Got it?" Dahyun asked, the man nodded and he was dismissed.

 

"That's the 7th patient today with the same condition" Dahyun stated.

 

"These silly fights with each other will do us no good. More and more werewolves are being agitated and becoming uncontrolled lately" Jihyo stated as she slumped herself on the chair leaning comfortably.

 

"There must be some way to pacify these werewolves. We cannot afford this kind of internal conflict" Dahyun said while she was collecting the medical supplies she used for wound dressing and stored it in the cabinet on the upper shelf.

 

"For sure , the Alpha is definitely coordinating already with the council and with Chaeyoung. Give it some time and hoping it will resolve soon" Jihyo just sighed.

 

At the Council...

 

Sana was walking in a fast paced with Momo on her side clearly mad at what had transpired during the private meeting with the elders of the werewolves and some in position. 

 

"You clearedly had no idea how much our kind have suffered with your incompetence" Elder Chou accused her.

 

"You were gone and for what? For you to chase your human mate" he continued earning a murmur of disapproval from the others. Some stayed quiet clearly understanding Sana's position of wanting to protect her own mate and would do anything for it just as they would. 

 

But if it is simply a fellow werewolf, her action would be normal but since her mate is a human, it was a questionable matter.

 

"Don't use that tone to me Elder Chou, I am still the Alpha here" Sana threatened clearly felt disrespected by his obvious mocking and accusation.

 

Nevertheless, Elder Chou did not back down. 

 

"Your request to declare Dahyun as your future luna is denied, Alpha" Elder Chou stated with some who agreed not wanting a human to be the luna.

 

"We do trust that you will follow this decision and comply. The morale of our people is at their lowest point right now. Fighting each other questioning your leadership. We do suggest you focus on that instead or else, we might end up like those of the other kingdoms being betrayed by our own kind" Elder Chou warned. 

 

And the meeting was dismissed in an unfavorable position.

 

Sana followed by Momo entered her own office. The alpha clearly knew that with the conservative minds of the elders and some of the councils, Dahyun as a luna would not be an easy task to do. It would be difficult but still she could not prevent herself from feeling frustrated. Adding to the fact that some of her people were beginning to protest against her.

 

She sat on her head chair clearly tired from the supressed emotions that built up during the meeting. Momentarily, she looked at Momo.

 

"I have an assignment for you, Momo. And I trust that only you can do it" Sana explained.

 

"Anything, Alpha" Momo answered.

 

"Investigate the root of all these protests and who is driving our people to commit such acts. I believe someone who is in higher position is leading this fiasco" Sana ordered. 

 

"By any means, could it be that you think Elder Chou is that someone?" Momo curiously asked.

 

"It is too early to say but make your investigation as discreet as possible. All eyes are on me and right now, I cannot do anything without the council's interference" Sana seriously admitted.

 

Momo nodded in understanding. 

 

Sana then thought of the people in the vampire kingdom who helped them escape. She thought of the people who died protecting them... protecting her, which should be the opposite. As an Alpha, she felt powerless at the time. She should be the one to protect them, to sacrifice herself and not the other way around. 

 

*Knock*

 

*Knock*

 

Two knocks and Tzuyu entered without waiting for an invitation. She had grown accustomed to treat the Alpha casually.

 

"I know that there is no excuse for my father's action but I do apologize on his behalf. He tends to be...forcedful in whatever his mind sets in" Tzuyu walked towards Sana and placed a folder on the alpha's desk before standing beside Momo with a respectable distance.

 

Sana merely waved her hand to dismiss her apologies finding it to be not of her responsibility. She took the folder and saw the contents. She then dismissed Momo to get a private conversation with Tzuyu. 

 

Momo bowed and left.

 

Sana was looking at the file Tzuyu handed over to her. She was looking at the design of the weapon that was used to kill a werewolf in an instant fire. Tzuyu's team together with the cooperation of Chayeoung's team was able to itemized the parts of the weapon and the poison that was inside the bullet. 

 

"A silver nitrate bullets" Sana read out loud.

 

"An upgraded version designed to penetrate a werewolf's steel tissue" Tzuyu declared.

 

"We have been long immune to silver but technology always find a way to evolve just like how we evolve" Sana sighed adding to another problem that she needed to solve.

 

"Based on Chaeyoung's report, her uncle together with Dr Hong led the invention without the knowledge of the Common Kingdom and its council. The funding was from Cha Seung Won's corruption and also with the support from the Vampire Kingdom. I am afraid that the large number of weapons were already transported to the Vampire Kingdom" Tzuyu said frowning at the bad news she had to report. 

 

"Clearly, we will be at a disadvantage when the Vampire Kingdom decides to attack us now" Tzuyu concluded.

 

"Then what is stopping them?" Sana uttered clearly deep in thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter