Chapter 45

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 45

 

Dahyun's POV

Just before the dungeon collapsed, we managed to go outside where the sky was open for us to see. We were running hoping to find a place to hide but the vampires were catching on us rather faster than the usual. 

 

"It must be your scent. Your blood was what attracted them" Taecyeon said to me. He was carrying the still weak Grandma Im while I was on the back of his companion. We were dashing using werewolf speed towards an unknown path ignoring the trees and its branches scratching our bodies. 

 

Taecyeon signalled for us to halt while he looked around for which paths to take. The soiled ground beneath us were wet and a bit muddy.

 

I tapped the man who was holding me and he obligingly put me down. I immediately went to the mud and got a handful of it to spread it on my body. It stung and I feel a little bit sticky but it needed to be done. I turned my head to the direction where we came from hoping to see Sana following us.

 

"Please Sana just be alright"

 

"What are you doing?" Taecyeon curiously asked me knotting his eyebrows in confusion as I continued to cover my wound some mud.

 

"I am covering my scent. It may have a little result but this still works" I said to him. I finished covering myself when I approached Grandma Im whose eyes were still closed and barely conscious.

 

"Do you think she can do the summoning spell with her condition?" Taecyeon wondered and I knew why he brought it up because there was no way that we would survive until morning with how the vampire were chasing us. He put Grandma Im in a sitting position with her back resting on the big tree.

 

I checked on her pulse again. It was still faint and she had no other injuries apart from the marks she got on being tied to the chair. Breathing heavily, she opened her eyes and met with mine. She smiled and I wondered why.

 

"Don't worry my child, I'll never let them get you" she said and she looked around observing where she was at. Both of her hands were grazing to the wet grass as if seeking comfort from it.

 

We then heard some rustles and heavy steps then, we became alert. Taecyeon and his companion went in front of us immediately. 

 

Their tense shoulders began to relax after a few seconds.

 

"She's here!" his companion said and Taecyeon let out a wide smile.

 

"Dahyun" Sana's soft but husky voice put a relief in me when she called my name. I came running to her hugging her tightly glad that she was alright. 

 

"Alpha, we cannot just keep on running. It will only tire us out befer they catch up to us." Taecyeon said to Sana who was thinking deeply. 

 

She looked around our surroundings straining her ears trying to locate the vampires whereabouts if they were getting nearer to us. 

 

She then walked slowly to Grandma Im whose eyes were closed trying to gather her remaining strength. 

 

"Grandma Im, would you be able to do it?" Sana kneeled down beside her looking at her worriedly.

 

"I have to! This is the only way...don't worry my child, my bright grand daughter will help us. I just need a little bit of time " Grandma Im looked at the young alpha with reassurance.  

 

Both Alpha and Taecyeon made eye contact understanding the best choice in the situation.

 

I saw Taecyeon and his companion kneeled in respect to Sana and she gave them a firm nodded. 

 

"I promise to do whatever it takes to save your people here. I am extremely grateful to all of your sacrifice" Sana leaned her forehead one by one with them swearing an oath as if her life depended on it.

 

"We are with you Alpha in this life to the next" both men declared.

 

Getting up Taecyeon's companion left first and I questioningly looked at him while he approached me.

 

"It is my honor to see and serve you even for just a little bit, luna" Taecyeon said to me as he ruffled the top of my hair like a brother.

 

He then left before I could even say a word to him.

 

"Are they--"

 

"Their sacrifice will not be in vain...come, Dahyun" Sana held out her right hand towards me inviting me to come to her and I complied.

 

Without any hesitation, I walked towards her and held her hand tightly. We stood beside each other while we began to hear loud howling not far from us.

 

"The vampires are here"

 

Normal POV


At the Werewolf Kingdom.


With Nayeon being the lead and Jeongyeon beside her, she initiated the first chant and it became louder and louder as their fellow witches joined in. The rest of the non witches stood from afar watching and preparing themselves if in case about to happen.

 

Momo felt that there alpha would return. With the familiar big summoning circle, she knew that it was only a matter of time and she would soon see her dearest friend- the alpha. 

 

"Make sure to stay on guard and watch our surroundings" Momo said whisperedly to her subordinate who nodded and relayed the message through mindlink.

 

"Sana will be so disappointed once she gets back" Jihyo stated in a soft tone where only Momo can only hear.

 

"We still dont know who are leading those rebels in our kind but it would not do any good in our kind" Momo replied back.

 

"Do you think Elder Chou has anything to do with these conflicts?" Jihyo glances sneakily on the side looking at Tzuyu who was too focus on the witches ritual.

 

"We don't know but that man is too greedy for power for us not to suspect him" Momo could recall the arrogant smirk of Elder Chou on several occasion she met with him on meetings or an encounter in the corridor.

 

"Unlike his daughter who seemed to be the opposite of him"  Momo continued.

 

Their conversation were cut short when the ground began to shake and the wind got stronger swaying the trees violently with the hissing sound.

 

Flames suddenly appear burning some trees. Some human hunters were looking left and right wondering what was happening.

 

"Stay in your position. We move when necessary!" Chaeyoung ordered loudly looking ahead what was about to happen.

 

"Here it goes...We gotta prepare not only for the Alpha and Dahyun but the possibility of vampires being summoned" Jeongyeon shouted to all of them.

 

And so they anticipated...

 

At the Vampire Kingdom


"Did you really think that you'd be able to get away from us...from ME?" Kim Byul-chung let out a mocking laugh with a hint of irritation in his tone. His eyes darted to the three women in front of her.

 

His men arriving behind his back snarling towards them eager to sink their fangs to their bloody flesh. 

 

Sana pushed Dahyun behind her with Grandma Im weakly standing up while looking at the surrounding vampires.

 

One of Kim Byul Chung's men went beside him and Dahyun gasped at the sight her hold on Sana's shoulder tightened. 

 

Sana growl in defiance and she let her murderous glare to directly pointed out to the vampire who was holding the head of her fallen comrade Taecyeon. Taecyeon's face was almost unrecognizable with the deep claw marks on his eyes with his eyes being ripped away.

 

With Kim Byul Chung's signal, the vampire threw the head carelessly in front of Sana taunting her and showing her what was about to happen to her.

 

"This is the end old lady...I guess we won't need you anymore" he said and Sana did not notice his eyes looked at Dahyun meaningfully before he switched his gaze to the old witch.

 

"You can never win as long as I am alive...I will never let you revive the Vampire Queen" Grandma Im swore knowing that she gained her little strength back.

 

"Then, I will just have to see that I kill you now" he smirked raising his fist then pointing it towards them.

 

The vampires charged tow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter