Chapter 20

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20

Dahyun's POV
 

It was a nostalgic feeling to once again be in the place I once called home. The place where I always wanted to belong but was never given the right because of my human nature. Both Sana and I stepped out in front of my parent's house. I expected it to be worn out and to be a little bit old but seeing it up close, it was like I never left and time has not passed by. Sensing my wonder over the house I heard Sana spoke.

 

"When you left the Kingdom , I specifically ordered that this house to be taken care of and must be well maintained" Sana said smilling softly at me as she led the way for me to enter the house.

 

"Thank you" the only thing that I could say to her.

 

I never expected for the Alpha Queen to personally take care of the old house and expected it to be left abandoned. 


"I just don't get you sometimes" I suddenly blurted out my thoughts without thinking.

 

Unfortunately, she heard it and looked at me with questioning eyes. I had no choice but to say my own thoughts.

 

"Why would you trouble yourself to watch over the house for 5 years considering that I was never your favorite person? You tried so hard to forget about me and yet, here you are doing the opposite" I asked her. 

 

I saw her frown a moment thinking deeply.

 

Her eyes then began to show sadness and loneliness that I remembered seeing the night before I left the kingdom. 

 

"Dahyun...you are always my favorite one - my family.  You are always in my mind and there is not a time that I did not think of you. Yes, I have done some cruel things and I have tried my best to forget you by pushing you thinking I can get over you. It was so stupid. How could I ever forget such woman like you?" Sana confessed wholeheartedly as she caressed my face affectionately. 

 

I don't know what to feel.

 

A huge part of me wanted to accept her to be drowned with the connection we have, to be loved but then, I think of how long would this last?

 

I don't know and I am afraid to know. 

 

I did not say anything back and instead closed my eyes as I leaned on Sana's affectionate hand. If I would say those three words again, would she be happy or would she have that remorseful look just like before and leave me again? Would she be the Sana I knew and grew fond to love or would she be the Alpha Queen of the entire Kingdom with responsibilities on her shoulders? Questions best not to get answer for now. 

 

After sometime, we released our hold from each other and came inside to do what we were supposed to came here for- the Journal of my parents. 

 

I suddenly grabbed Sana's hand to hold because of my anxiousness of being inside the house again recalling all the memories of my childhood and again feeling the pain of their loss. Realizing that I was holding her hand, I tried to retract my hand and apologize but Sana just held my hand tighter assuring me that she was with me. 

 

"I usually come here from time to time when I want to be alone. This house is the only place I could freely recall all the happy memories we've had with your parents and mine" Sana said to distract me from anxiousness and thankfully it worked as I remembered how Sana's family always visited our humble house unannouced just to cook and have a family get together. 

 

Sana led me straight to my parents room and nothing has changed.

 

We went to a small hidden cabinet and Sana crouched down while I looked at what she was doing.

 

Normal POV

 

Sana then carefully opened the small cabinet and it showed the little vault inside. She unlocked it using the codes she got from the will of Dahyun's parents.  As soon as she opened it, the inside of the vault looked dusty and old but she frowned as she looked at the journals inside of it - not a speck of dust covering the journals. She did not bother to think it over as she thought that the journals have some special cover to be resistant of the dust. She took it out and stood in front of Dahyun who was looking down the journals with unreadable expression.

 

"Well, I was kind of hoping a better reaction as soon as you saw this Journals" Sana said trying to lighten up the mood as she handed it over to Dahyun.

 

"I--, I don't what to say" Dahyun said as she took it on her hand and looked at it meaningfully like she was in deep thought.

 

"You don't have to say anything. I am sure your parents left it for you to read and understand whatever written on it. The will specificall stated that I must give it to you when you are on your 20s, considering that you are already of age, it is just right to carry out this will" Sana explained.

 

"I just wondered why your parents  decided for you to read it when your mature enough not as soon as they left this world just like what others have done on their will" Sana said as she looked at Dahyun's unreadable expression. Dahyun then looked up to her meeting her eyes.

 

"They must have their own reasons. Maybe I need to be mature enough to read the contents of the Journal but thank you unnie for handing this over" Dahyun said smilling trying to end the discussion about the journal .  Sana knew that Dahyun's smile was not as genuine as she used to have.

 

" Would it contain about where you came from - about your real parents? They have done their best to search for your identity when you were young. I was confused and also tried asking my parents to ask why did your parents suddenly stopped right after they got back from the Common Kingdom but my father just dismissed my thoughts" Sana said recalling how she got curious about Dahyun being the human inside the werewolve's household treating her like their own child.

 

"Aren't you going to read it ?" Sana curiously asked.

 

"Maybe later when we get back ... For now, I think we might as well take this time to roam around this house it has been awhile since I visited" Dahyun said to Sana as she looked around the house seeing the photo frames she had with her parents hanging up on the wall.

 

Sana just let Dahyun wandered around as she enjoyed watching the nostalgic and serene smile of Dahyun everytime she went to touch one thing from another. 

 

Dark has fallen and they needed to get back. Dahyun silently bid goodbye to the house and promised to herself she would come back to personally clean the place. The two drove back to the castle enjoying the comfortable silence they shared.

 

When they arrived at the palace, Dahyun stepped out of the car and walked to go inside expecting Sana to follow her behind but noticing that she could only her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter