Ch. 3

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

I slowly opened my heavy eyes, sunlight blinding me, I quickly sat up my head spinning like I'd been drinking heavily the night before. I reached up and cradled my head in my hand. I took a few deep breaths before opening my eyes once more, realizing that I didn't recognize where I was. This wasn't my room. 

A flood of images hit me all at once. It hadn't been a dream. I felt the racing of my heart pounding against my ribcage. I didn't remember when I'd fallen asleep, the last thing I remembered was that guy. What was his name? Jungkook? Bring me something to eat, I hadn't wanted to eat, but smelling it made my stomach ache, begging to be fed.

Learning from my first mistake of going too fast. I slowly draped my legs over the side of the bed, my bare feet hovering over the soft carpet. The room was bare just like the other I was in, except instead of the harsh white walls, they were a soft brown, and there was a bed instead of a table. But other than that, it was completely empty. I stood up off the bed, my eyes fixed to the door If I could find something small enough. I could probably pick the lock. I mentally kicked myself in the head for not thinking of that sooner. I felt around in my hair hoping that there was still a bobby pin still shoved in there from my night at work. Once my fingers felt the familiar metal I almost screamed out of excitement. 

As I walked over to the door, I pulled it from my hair, Pulling apart the ends so it no longer bent, but was instead straight. Bending down to aline myself with the knob, stuck one of the sides of the bobby pin inside the key hole an started fiddling with it until I heard the familiar click signaling that the door had unlocked. I hurriedly stood up, reached for the knob and turned.

As soon as I had opened the door, a figure stood in front of me, towering over me was more like it. Kim Taehyung. He was starring down at me with cold eyes, his lips in a thin line of aggravation. "Going some where?" He asked, his voice flat and monotone. It's as if he had known I was trying to get out...

I felt myself shaking my head, my hands trembling. "Nu-no." I replied, trying to keep my voice even.

"Oh really? Is that why you just picked the lock?" He crossed his arms over his chest. His gaze unyielding.

 I opened my mouth but realized I didn't really have an answer for that. "I- I was just hungry." I finally answered.

He raised a brow suspiciously.  The muscles in his jaw clenched. "Well if that's the case, then I'll have something sent up to you then. After you're finished eating. I think it is time to discuss how you'll be handling your father's debt." He pulled out his phone, dialed a number before hitting the call button and pressing it against his ear. "Jaesuk. Yes. Prepare breakfast for the girl and have it sent to her room." And hung up the phone. "There. You'll have your food. I'll send Jimin up soon to collect you." He turned, opened the door and closed it behind him, the sound of the lock clicking back into place.

 

I sat on the edge of the bed, starring at the bare wall. How did he know? Did he have a camera in here or something? I mean, I wouldn't put it past him at this point. He seemed to be a little off his rocker. A knock at the door pulled me from my thoughts before the door swung open. A man I hadn't seen walked through holding a tray of food. "You must be Choi Nari..." He said. "I'm Park Jimin, I take care of the tailoring and styling for everyone here. Chef Jaesuk sent me up here with some food for you." He held out the tray.

I bit my bottom lip, the scent of the breakfast filling my nostrils and making my stomach turn with hunger. The man who introduced himself as Jimin set down the tray in front of me, I starred down at it for a moment taking in the amount of food in front of me. Was this all for me? I wondered. I was lucky to have this amount to split between my father an I most nights. "Hurry up an eat so I can get you fitted for something else besides your pajamas." He gestured to my sweat pants and

Please log in to read the full chapter