Ch. 44

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

I watched the front door to the cafe watching people pass by the windows. Tapping my foot impatiently against the tile flooring. 

I picked up my coffee mug and took a drink, the contents starting to get cold. I messaged my temples, I was exhausted in every way possible, sleep felt like a distant friend to me. My days consumed in finding Lee Jungnam, my nights stuck working at that disgusting club.

"Nari?" Hearing my name jolted me from my thoughts. I opened my eyes and lifted my head.

"Ah. Changwoo." I said with a smile.

His eyes darted around the room before he sat down in the seat in front of me. "What did you need ?" He asked. "I thought you weren't going to contact me again."

I lifted a shoulder in a shrug. "I wasn't going to. But I need you again." I replied keeping my voice low enough for only the two of us to hear. "I'll pay you the same amount as last time."

I saw his chest rise and fall with a long sigh. "What do you need?" He asked.

"Well. I paid our friend a little visit last night, and long story short he gave me a name. Lee Jungnam. Have you heard of him?" I laced my fingers together. 

His brows furrowed as he thought. "I don't know him personally, but I have heard of him, his name doesn't come up very often.." He paused, looking up at me. "Is this the last time?" He asked.

I lifted a shoulder and let it drop once more, tilting my head to the side, a lock of my hair, falling into my eyes as I looked at him. "Aw. What's wrong Changwoo? You don't like our little meetings? That kind of hurts, I even pay you good money." My lips puffed out in a pout.

Changwoo nervously glanced around the small room, looking everywhere except at me. "I'll find him and let you know. If that is all, I'd like to leave now." 

Rolling my eyes, sitting back against my chair, crossing my arms over my chest. "Fine. Leave. Just know, I don't want to wait very long for that information. It would be in your best interest to hurry." I answered.

He quickly nodded his head and sped walked until he reached the door. I waited for a few more minutes, finishing up the last bit of cold coffee before going back up to the counter to order one more for my walk home.

 

"Where do you disappear too?" Bokyung asked as I walked through the squeaky front door. Blocking me from going any further. "You leave at all hours of the day and night and no one knows where you go."

"I don't think that's any of your business, is it?" I asked, my voice flat. "What I do with my time is none of your concern." I narrowed my eyes at her.

She clenched her jaw. "I don't like your attitude very much." 

"An I don't really care." I pushed past her, our

Please log in to read the full chapter