Ch.41

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stood outside the building that was was used for the girls that worked at the club, seeing as they all worked for Taehyung for different reasons, but every last one of them owed him money.

On the outside, it seemed like any normal apartment complex, apart from the lack of maintenance, weeds grew up onto the red brick, covering the graffiti that had long ago started to chip away becoming unreadable. I clutched the handle of the tote bag Jimin had packed for me.

I closed my eyes tightly, feeling the familiar sting of tears prick the corners of my eyes. I took a deep, steady breath to try and control my emotions. I hadn't even walked inside yet, unable to face the people I knew we're going to be on the other side.

I clenched the fingers around the handle until my knuckles turned white. "You can do this." I said aloud to encourage my feet to start moving.

One concrete step at a time until I reached the top, hand hovering over the door knob. The door swung open as I was about to turn the knob, a tall woman with long straight jet black hair stared at me. "You must be Nari. We got a call saying you should be coming here tonight. Come on in." She said, her voice sounded cheerful am sweet. But I could sense a hint of venom in it. She was going to be trouble.

 

The woman, who I would now come to know as Bokyung, showed me to the room I would be staying in, along with three other women. I set the bag on the floor next to the work out thin mattress that was open. The room was dark, a small single window that seemed to be stuck shut was on one side of the room, the walls empty, the faded brown wallpaper peeling in all different spots.

I slowly sunk down onto the mattress, springs squeaking under my weight. I slid myself back until I was against the wall and rested my head back against it. The place was completely silent, meaning either people were sleeping, or they were gone. I looked around the empty room. So unlike the room I was in at Taehyung's house.

I pulled my knees up to my chest, hugging them tightly to me. All I wanted was to close my eyes and when I open them, realize this had all been a dream, that I would be back in the soft fluffy bed, with the extra large pillows, Chul curled up sleeping underneath the blankets right against my side. But all I felt was cold.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

"Follow me." Bokyung ordered, as I followed her through the familiar club, that I had been in many times under different circumstances. I could feel the thump of the music in my chest, bright neon colored lights shone all over the place as people danced on the dance floor. "There's something back here that I'm sure will fit you." She said over the music and looked me up and down.

She walked through the Staff Only door in the back of the club, unlike the darkness of the club, the lights in here were bright and florescent, my eyes taking a moment to adjust, black dots spotting my vision. "Here you go. Go change into this and just start walking around, take people drinks, whatever is asked of you. Your shift ends at 3a.m. Good luck." She said, shoving a hanger with clothes on it in my direction before leaving me alone, surrounded by lockers and benches.

I stared down the hanger. They really expected me to wear this? I nervously glanced in every direction making sure I was alone so I could quickly change into the small fabric they considered clothes. The large floor length mirror shown me my reflection, the purple metallic top was pretty much just a bikini top, the bottoms were skin tight black shorts that

Please log in to read the full chapter