Ch. 24

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK POV

I sat in the car, parked about four apartment buildings down from where Nari and Hanbin had gone, I'd made sure to follow far enough behind them so I wouldn't be seen. I pushed the seat all the way back, reached into my goodie bag that Nari had made for me while I waited for her to finish the job. I opened one of the bags of chips, popping one in my mouth, chewed and swallowed. This reminded me a lot of the stakeouts Hoseok an I used to do, except I was alone an it was completely silent.

I leaned up to grab my coffee out from the cup holder and took a drink, my eyes instinctively scanning the perimeter. Everything was still calm. In my rearview mirror I could see headlights approaching, I shrunk down against my seat. Pulling my black baseball cap down further to hide my face so I could blend in a bit better. About at the twenty five minute mark my phone's screen lit up and began vibrating. I looked over at the passenger seat where my phone sat. Nari's name flashed across the screen. My brows furrowed as I reached for my phone. I slid the answer button. "Nari? Is everything alright?" I asked.

All I could hear was the sound of rustling and muffled voices. I squinted my eyes, straining my ears trying to make out what was being said. Did she accidently dial me? "Hello!" I said louder trying to get her attention.

"JUNGKOOK!" Her voice echoed all throughout the car, that I heard loud and clear. I felt my blood run cold, throwing my phone into the passenger seat, slung my door open, lunged out slamming it shut behind me. I ran as quickly as I could toward the building I saw them go into. 

" !" I growled in frustration. "What ing apartment is it?" I asked out loud. I should have figured out what apartment was his before she went in there. I frantically started knocking on doors, if they didn't answer quick enough I went ahead and opened their doors, peaking my head inside, closing them when I didn't see her.

I scaled the stairs as fast as I could, my muscles burning from the workout. I made it to the third floor, breathing heavily. From the left of me I could hear what sounded like a muffled scream. I kicked the door open. My eyes growing wide at the scene in front of me. Nari whipped around to look at me, her right eye was closed, blood streaming from beneath her eye to her jaw line, down her neck, ending right at her collar of her shirt. She held a hand against her left side, blood coating her knuckles. "Nari?!" 

"Juh-Jungkook." She said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I-I don't feel so good." Her eyes started to flutter.

I dove to catch her before she hit the ground, I picked her up, a hand under the back of her knees, the other around her back as she lay limply in my arms, her eyes finally shutting fully. "Oh . We gotta get to the hospital now."

I ran out the door and down

Please log in to read the full chapter