Ch. 25

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So how are we feeling today? I'm Dr. Min if you don't remember from last night." The doctor asked me, giving me a soft smile as he checked my pulse with the ice cold metal of the stethoscope. "Your breathing and blood flow sound good." He replaced the stetheoscope around his neck, his hands disappearing into his white lab coat.

"I still feel a lot of pain when I move." I replied.

"I see, I fear it's because the type of weapon that was used. I'm going out on a limb an say it was a type of steak knife, something with a jagged edge." He answered, his head nodding instinctively.

"Also. My eye, I still can't open it by myself. I'm starting to get worried that my eye is no longer there." I resisted the urge to run my fingers down the side of my face.

Dr. Mine's hand reached out to snag my hand out of the air. "Don't be touching on it or it will get infected."

"How bad is it?" I asked as I adjusted myself on the bed so I could sit up a little easier.

"Well. I could lie to you and tell you that there's absolutely nothing wrong with your face." He paused. "Or I can tell you the truth. Will it be a scar? Yes but it won't take away an ounce of your beauty... And that's a lot coming from me. I don't usually call my patients attractive. Plus if you're really worried about it, there's always the option of plastic surgery. It wouldn't leave a scar. But it's totally up to you. Either way you'll be beautiful." He gave me another smile. 

I felt my cheeks flush. Never in all the times I've gone to the doctors office or to the hospital have I ever had such an attractive doctor. Let alone have one openly hitting on me. "If I dont get the surgery. Will I still be able to open my eye? Because it still doesn't want to listen to me."

Dr. Min folded his fingers together. "It's a little hard to tell. Right now its understandable that it isn't being responsive. Trauma is a big part of it. Only time can tell if it does or not. Is it bothering you at all?" He asked. Approaching my side of the bed.

"Kind of. I can feel my face sort of pulsate. The lights sort of bother that eye as well." I answered.

"Well. I will be right back. I'm going to go grab something real quick." He gave me a thumbs up and walked out of my room, his dyed blonde hair bouncing as he walked.

I don't know when exactly I had dosed off, but the sound of footsteps woke me up. They didn't sound like hospital shoes. I opened my eye, the brightness of the light stinging at first.

A man dressed in green scrubs, a white mask covered his face, and one of those caps covered his head. I wonder if this was the plastic surgeon Dr. Min was talking about. "I heard you're in a lot of pain. That man fro

Please log in to read the full chapter